368 replies to this topic

#211 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

More "pack crap" from CDC..............honestly, as DN says it can be cleaned off, untwist your knickers and get a life.
Kevin.jpg

#212 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

typical cdc over reaction..........off the high horses people, it's not a big deal, especially considerig what Nucks fans did to the city two years ago.

funny you say that cause all you people are riding in here on yours defending this moron, the death threats were over the line but she deserved all the other public blame she got for it

#213 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

are you ???? retarded?

how so? It's not a memorial, get a grip on yourself

#214 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

funny you say that cause all you people are riding in here on yours defending this moron, the death threats were over the line but she deserved all the other public blame she got for it

it's not a high horse, it's being a normal functioning human being. Had she gone to his grave site, or an official memorial, sure, you'd have cause to be upset, but that's not what this is........it's a piece of public property that's already been defaced by Canuck fans

#215 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

I think it is washed off now according to the Vancouver Sun.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#216 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

o precious canucks fans who are not true at all or have lost there common sense mechanism...........

first the girl made a mistake but is it right to cyber bully her?

would you be more happy if she also sucides now what can she do she made a mistake get over it...... freaking get the city to go clean it off or if ur soo hurt by this act go get a bucket of soap and clean it urself.....

canucks fans one thing about ur canuck nation alot of the fans are fake ....... just the way during the riot fake fans rioted...... these are just morons who are looking for attention by going on a young girls twitter and swearing at her over this. lol funny canucks fan indeed u continue to amuse me TY!

#217 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

it's not a high horse, it's being a normal functioning human being. Had she gone to his grave site, or an official memorial, sure, you'd have cause to be upset, but that's not what this is........it's a piece of public property that's already been defaced by Canuck fans

come on, you people defending her because there was previous markings with a sharpie.. clearly it wasn't there for the purpose of a justin bieber concert. If she took 10 seconds it would have been pretty clear what the other messages said

#218 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

come on, you people defending her because there was previous markings with a sharpie.. clearly it wasn't there for the purpose of a justin bieber concert. If she took 10 seconds it would have been pretty clear what the other messages said

Still you insist on insulting her for defacing public property. It's not a recognized memorial, it's a concrete pillar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#219 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

who cares what else was there? It's not a memorial in any way, other than Canucks fans defacing public property.........it should all be washed off. You've got your panties in a knot over something that has no affiliation with the canucks or Rypien in any way.

#220 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

That's a little harsh, stawns. If nothing else, it WAS considered a "makeshift" memorial and, if I recall correctly, may have been "affliated" with the Canucks via way of this site and the fact that it was pictured/mentioned on the site. If memory serves me correctly, I believe that was the case (I could be wrong).

So while I don't agree with those arguing, violently, against this girl's decision to add her own "submission", it's pretty insensitive to suggest it should all be washed off. At the time, Vancouver fans of Rick's had no where to express or display their sentiments, so this became the spot. I feel you're trying too hard to prove your "PC" point in all of this, by devaluing what that site meant to fans of Rick's at the time. It wasn't designated as such 'officially', but many deemed it as such. Again, I respected it as a memorial, but also don't think someone adding something to it, even if somewhat unrelated, is forbidden (if not done maliciously or disrespectfully).

Posted Image

#221 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

who cares what else was there? It's not a memorial in any way, other than Canucks fans defacing public property.........it should all be washed off. You've got your panties in a knot over something that has no affiliation with the canucks or Rypien in any way.

lol go tell that to Rick Rypien's family i'm sure they'd appreciate it, you really are a complete idiot. You're probably just a troll and not even a Canuck fan why are you even here

Edited by TowelPower12, 11 October 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#222 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

lol go tell that to Rick Rypien's family i'm sure they'd appreciate it, you really are a complete idiot.

Do you think Rypien's family even knows about some sharpie memorial in Vancouver? I'm pretty sure they're a little more concerned about actual memorials and his foundation.........not to mention you're making it out like the girl slagged Rypien or something

Deb........in this thread, you call what I said harsh? Level headed and objective is a little more like it. To be honest, I'd like to see a picture of the actual "memorial" in question.......perhaps it is more than I think it is.

Edited by stawns, 11 October 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#223 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

still think it wasn't a memorial?

Posted Image

#224 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

I haven't read any of the Twitter stuff, but I doubt this girl had any idea that she was writing on his memorial. She probably has no idea who Rypien even is. If she did know what she was doing then I hope she loses the hand she wrote it with. They need to get that trash off of there ASAP.

On a separate note - "BELIEVE" is a hot album.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 11 October 2012 - 12:53 PM.
Language was not appropriate

#225 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

How utterly and completely disrespectful. Classless.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#226 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted Image

Edited by TowelPower12, 11 October 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#227 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but there should be a plaque put there to replace that memorial. It would be nice to have something permanent there. Just like the one put up in Crowsnest.

Agreed?

#228 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Posted Image

While I understand people wanting to honor someone, in no way is that anything other than a couple of people taping a picture to a concrete wall and getting sharpie happy........this is a total non issue and another case of typical cdc over reation along the lines of "The NHL hates Vancouver", or "CBC has a vendetta against the Canucks". I'm pretty sure I know which side of the coin Rypien himself would land

#229 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

http://photogallery....tar.com/1041274

Gives you a bit of an idea, stawns. So, maybe insignificant to you, but served the purpose at the time and is, therefore, understandable as to why some still respect it as a place of meaning.

Posted Image

#230 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

You better watch what you're saying.

seriously?

:picard:

#231 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

yeah, none of that paper is there anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

#232 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Avalanche likes Jusin Beiber
Posted Image

#233 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

yeah, none of that paper is there anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

that's not the point it's still a makeshift memorial to rick rypien made by his fans, you sound as ignorant as the bieber retards that wrote on it

Edited by TowelPower12, 11 October 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#234 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Avalanche likes Jusin Beiber

lmao, i have no problem with the kid.

anyways, this is what the "memorial" looks like today:
Posted Image

#235 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

http://photogallery....tar.com/1041274

Gives you a bit of an idea, stawns. So, maybe insignificant to you, but served the purpose at the time and is, therefore, understandable as to why some still respect it as a place of meaning.

I appreciate that Deb, it's nice that people spontaneously respond with something, but I just don't see the fuss.........people are making out like it's some official thing like a statue or plaque or something.......then I would agree that it was wrong.......otherwise this girl probably just figured it was a place to put grafitti, whichis what this is

#236 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

that's not the point it's still a makeshift memorial to rick rypien made by his fans

like i said before, maybe it's time to create a REAL memorial... i mean, his fans have had over a year now, maybe they should look into making something more... permanent ( as you can see, the majority of the note written there have already started to fade, it's only a matter of time before it disappears altogether, at which point someone would point out and then blame one, i don't know, the city, for "washing it off".

#237 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Bieber fan/retard. Same thing

Grow up. You sound like a 16 year old.
Posted Image

#238 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

so when someone gets killed in a car accident and people come and put flowers and other things by the side of the road where it happened is that meaningless too?

#239 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

lmao, i have no problem with the kid.

anyways, this is what the "memorial" looks like today:
Posted Image

well that pretty much confirms my thoughts about this "situation". Thanks Ave

#240 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

like i said before, maybe it's time to create a REAL memorial... i mean, his fans have had over a year now, maybe they should look into making something more... permanent ( as you can see, the majority of the note written there have already started to fade, it's only a matter of time before it disappears altogether, at which point someone would point out and then blame one, i don't know, the city, for "washing it off".

Agreed. These obscure etchings won't do. They should put a plaque up there. Even a small one would be great. It would be easy enough for them to do. Who do we speak to about this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.