368 replies to this topic

#241 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Agreed. These obscure etchings won't do. They should put a plaque up there. Even a small one would be great. It would be easy enough for them to do. Who do we speak to about this?

your local government official would be a great place to start.

#242 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,881 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

lmao, i have no problem with the kid.

anyways, this is what the "memorial" looks like today:
Posted Image

Is that nail polish remover?

Now people have invited all the little trolls to draw Bieber crap all over his memorial. Faith in humanity shrinking.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#243 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

The government eh...

#244 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Is that nail polish remover?

Now people have invited all the little trolls to draw Bieber crap all over his memorial. Faith in humanity shrinking.

yes it is, someone tried "cleaning" the beiber message off, with disastrous results.

#245 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,881 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

yes it is, someone tried "cleaning" the beiber message off, with disastrous results.

And now there's two more Bieber messages beside the old one.

WTF is wrong with people? Anything to provoke attention it seems.

I understand that it's not an official memorial, so it's like who cares? But doing it just to spite people that do care about it is just appalling.

Posted Image

#246 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

The government eh...

you could also try the canucks head office, or just go down to your local trophy shop, create a plaque, and then "donate" it to the canucks to put up, you'd force their hand at that point.

#247 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

And now there's two more Bieber messages beside the old one.

WTF is wrong with people? Anything to provoke attention it seems.

I understand that it's not an official memorial, so it's like who cares? But doing it just to spite people that do care about it is just appalling.

they were already there. there wasn't just the one message, there was only one that was foolish enough to sign it.

#248 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,881 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

they were already there. there wasn't just the one message, there was only one that was foolish enough to sign it.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought someone added them after they found out about what that girl did. NVM.

Anyways, too much time and effort being spent on something so stupid. Just immature kids being thoughtless. It doesn't take anything away from the other heartfelt messages that people wrote.

Posted Image

#249 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

agreed

#250 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Not condoning her actions but I'm pretty sure death threats are a criminal offense. Bullying and telling her to die is nothing of what Rypien and his foundation are about. You should be ashamed.

Edited by bolt, 11 October 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#251 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Maybe instead of all the hate going on here we should direct our efforts into creating a proper and fitting memorial for the Ripper.a small plaque or something along those lines.I'm certainly willing to donate any time and or funds I can spare.Could we not try and get ahold of GMMG and get him on board with this?
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#252 Horny Manatee

Horny Manatee

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Rypien died more than a year ago. This isn't even his official memorial. It's just a pillar.

His official memorial is somewhere else where his family wouldn't invite you to come.

Rypien always seemed like a cool guy. He'd probably just laugh it off. Considering how shy he was he probably wouldn't want any kind of memorial anyways.
Posted Image
Lick my lollipops?

#253 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,300 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

It has now been posted by 99.3 and The Province on facebook. WOW, are some of the comments just brutal. The tweets I saw on The Province article are just disgusting! Wishing her to hang herself so this kid could deface her grave, looking at his twitter page though, you can see he is a real loser. But likely one who would punch her in the face if he saw her, or worse.

Once again "Canuck fans" have taken this to a whole new level. Congratulations! :picard:

#254 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

This is being blown way out of proportion. 16 years old is old enough to know right and wrong but its not too old to make stupid mistakes. I made tons growing up and i still make them today. Rick Rypien himself made an even bigger stupid mistake a couple years ago when he lost his cool as a professional athlete and put his hands on an opposing teams fan. We didnt condone what he did, but for the most part, canuck fans supported him at that time and took it as "rick screwed up but is generally a good person". all im saying is, think about it people, as if there isnt 1 thing in your life you have done that you are not particularly proud of.

death threats to a teenage girl?? i know id be a complete hypocrite for doing it but if that was my little sister, you better believe id have a lynch mob on your front lawn before you were done admiring your internet tough guy tweet.

#255 EV604

EV604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Make it 100

#256 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

It has now been posted by 99.3 and The Province on facebook. WOW, are some of the comments just brutal. The tweets I saw on The Province article are just disgusting! Wishing her to hang herself so this kid could deface her grave, looking at his twitter page though, you can see he is a real loser. But likely one who would punch her in the face if he saw her, or worse.

Once again "Canuck fans" have taken this to a whole new level. Congratulations! :picard:

Seems like her twitter page is down now. Really disappointed to see someone do that, but I don't see how it makes anything better by seriously threatening and bullying her. Call her a f%%cking idiot or whatever maybe, but death threats? Come on guys..

#257 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

her twitter is still there, it's just changed and locked from the public.

she's just a girl, trying to find her place in this world... and now she knows her place is not on a concrete piling.

Edited by avelanch, 11 October 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#258 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Mann, how disrespectful, yet I'm not impressed with the threats either.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#259 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

13-year-olds are too dumb to know what they're doing? Hmmm, seems to me that's a great reason to teach them a lesson!

I just turned 14 a few days ago, so don't generalize please.

On the actual topic, this is disgusting. Rick Rypien was one of my favorite players in the NHL. He went through so much hard work to get to his dream, and he stood up for family and friends. RIP Ryp
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#260 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Mann, how disrespectful, yet I'm not impressed with the threats either.

how is it disrespectful? It's a concrete pillar with some faded graffiti about Rypien.......no doubt she didn't even realize what it was, or even who rypien is

#261 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Wow. Police should show up at her front door.
Posted Image

#262 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

POPULAR

Wow this thread is a frightening look into mob mentality at it's finest. First off, there's nothing official about the "memorial". It's just a piece of concrete where people have chosen to share there thoughts/love for Rypper. Most of what's been written is faded and it doesn't look like it receives any maintenance. So some silly young girl comes by all giddy to be seeing Beiber (Lord knows why). Takes out a pen and writes his name, the date and a heart and signs her name. Think she would have signed her name if she knew this was a memorial? So what's her big crime? That she's silly, doesn't pay attention and has poor taste in music? Hardly crimes a civilized society punishes people for.

Now on to the internet tough guys. Many of whom have been posting in this thread, who want to throw poop at her, punch her in the face and wish death upon her or hope she kills herself. What the **** is wrong with you people? I noticed you guys didn't have the stones to sign your real names to back up your ignorance/hatred.

To the morons on Twitter. Who are dumb enough to post their hate along with their name and a picture of themselves. You're dumber than the Beiber fan who wrote on the makeshift memorial. Hopefully you'll be dealt with for your hate crimes/death threats.

Would you tell her to go kill herself in person? If not, then don't then don't on a message board or other social media. If you need to threaten people you don't know anonymously on the internet then you're the one with issues. Your words are not harmless.

There was no malice on the girl's part. The venom she's been met with is sad. She made an honest error. Grow up people.

R.I.P. Rick.

#263 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Wow this thread is a frightening look into mob mentality at it's finest. First off, there's nothing official about the "memorial". It's just a piece of concrete where people have chosen to share there thoughts/love for Rypper. Most of what's been written is faded and it doesn't look like it receives any maintenance. So some silly young girl comes by all giddy to be seeing Beiber (Lord knows why). Takes out a pen and writes his name, the date and a heart and signs her name. Think she would have signed her name if she knew this was a memorial? So what's her big crime? That she's silly, doesn't pay attention and has poor taste in music? Hardly crimes a civilized society punishes people for.

Now on to the internet tough guys. Many of whom have been posting in this thread, who want to throw poop at her, punch her in the face and wish death upon her or hope she kills herself. What the **** is wrong with you people? I noticed you guys didn't have the stones to sign your real names to back up your ignorance/hatred.

To the morons on Twitter. Who are dumb enough to post their hate along with their name and a picture of themselves. You're dumber than the Beiber fan who wrote on the makeshift memorial. Hopefully you'll be dealt with for your hate crimes/death threats.

Would you tell her to go kill herself in person? If not, then don't then don't on a message board or other social media. If you need to threaten people you don't know anonymously on the internet then you're the one with issues. Your words are not harmless.

There was no malice on the girl's part. The venom she's been met with is sad. She made an honest error. Grow up people.

R.I.P. Rick.

+1

#264 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Wow. Police should show up at her front door.

Source?

And for the people saying how they don't get how it's disrespectful? Like really? It's a public memorial. Yeah it's not official, yeah all of the Rypien messages are themselves Graffiti but seriously? You don't get the concept of sentimental value? Like if someone went and defaced the wall that everyone wrote on apologizing after the riots, would you be ok with that?

#265 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

how is it disrespectful? It's a concrete pillar with some faded graffiti about Rypien.......no doubt she didn't even realize what it was, or even who rypien is

You have to be some kind of stupid to think that's not a memorial for Rypien.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#266 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

who cares , just clean the thing and let no one write on it

and how is a forum ganging up on a fan base thats like 6-12 year olds

if i wanted to harass a bunch of children id post on cdc

oh wait
Posted Image

#267 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Although it is quite dumb to do this, people here need to relax, she's just a kid!! Burn her at the stake, throw a bag of poop at her, wow, like we all haven't done stupid things when we were young, right?

Isn't she in the 11th grade?

There's a time to draw the line between just being ignorant because you're actually a kid and knowing what you're doing is wrong given you're actually a 'young adult'.
Posted Image

#268 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Isn't she in the 11th grade?

There's a time to draw the line between just being ignorant because you're actually a kid and knowing what you're doing is wrong given you're actually a 'young adult'.

10, according to her twitter homepage.

#269 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

ehh
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#270 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

A faded concrete pillar was not Rick Rypiens legacy however his foundation against mental depression is. Can anyone explain how this cyber bullying contributes to Rypien's Legacy? Words are dangerous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.