The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hit & runs

Special Ed

So a friend of mine was parked and found after her car was struck sometime while she was away. According to her the scene was a quiet dark-lit area. Obviously a very upsetting situation since its a brand new car.

I have already instructed her to file a hit & run report with VPD.

From the picture it seems to be considerable damage. Front right side impacted so I'm assuming there's some knuckle head out there with front left side damage in Vancouver somewhere...

I.c.b.c will fix the damage,but the crappy thing is you have to disclose amount of damage if you ever want to sell the vehicle.Unless you have a witness that can place someone in the vehicle that hit your friend good luck pressing charges.They were probably drunk.

Was hoping to hear something with a little more substance. If you don't like it don't waste your time and post in this thread? If anyone else has any experience with this feel free to pass it along. I'm sure this has happened to a few people out there.

Dick response.

Anyhow, to the OP, ICBC is probably going to offer her a 300 dollar hit and run coverage which she will have to pay, but F that guy.

I had an experience with a hit-and-run person and the person was right there when he did it. Only thing was that he denied wrongdoing after exchanging info with him. My only regret is not recording what he said at the scene - admitting guilt.

Some people are really dishonest outright.

Dick response.

Anyhow, to the OP, ICBC is probably going to offer her a 300 dollar hit and run coverage which she will have to pay, but F that guy.

I had an experience with a hit-and-run person and the person was right there when he did it. Only thing was that he denied wrongdoing after exchanging info with him. My only regret is not recording what he said at the scene - admitting guilt.

Some people are really dishonest outright.

+1 for Squeak and Sharp.

OP, if you want more substance, ask for it. You'd already said you'd recommended she file a report with VPD so I assume they would have told her the best course of action.

Your post didn't indicate whether you wanted to hear our stories or if you wanted a moral argument on why people would do such a thing or help finding out who did it. We can't read your mind over the internet so forgive Squeak for being confused as to why you posted this.

He could have gone well out of his way to be as kind as possible and ask what you were looking for by posting it, but don't be offended when you come to CDC and people don't know what you're asking for.

Archived