The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RANT] People who find stuff and don't return it

Dazzle

A big F Y for those who find stuff that don't belong to them and keep it. Lost a pair of higher-end earphones (no, not the Dr. Dre beats - not high end stuff at all) - my fault for not taking care of it and leaving it on the bus, presumably. 400 dollar retail earphones lost on the bus? Nope.. not showing up at the Lost and Found.

The next time I see a lost item, I am going to return it and advertise it all over to hopefully let the owner know that it's safe and can be picked up free of charge. (I looked all over and nobody is dumb enough to resell it on CL just yet)

Anyhow, I am just going to throw this rant in, buy myself another brand of earphones and to those who found it, enjoy it while you can. You're owing karma some debt.

Hmm,

Tough call here, I'm assuming you live I'm Vancouver here. Lets say you find $50 on the bus, is it your lucky day? Or your responsibility to return it to one of the hundreds of people who use public transit? Either way, people Will lie and say its their item they lost.

Hmm,

Tough call here, I'm assuming you live I'm Vancouver here. Lets say you find $50 on the bus, is it your lucky day? Or your responsibility to return it to one of the hundreds of people who use public transit? Either way, people Will lie and say its their item they lost.

Well aware of this possibility.

The thing is, my earphones are quite distinct. In a lot of my experiences (on the bus), I have never seen earphones remotely like mine. They are of a certain colour and shiny. They're also IEMs, which make it REALLY easy to spot - unlike the countless number of Ipod earbuds. If I do see it, I'm going to pay that listener a visit! Chances are, they can't even identify the model, let alone the number of armature drivers in it.

They are not the very best - but they are the breaking ground between good earphones and serious earphones which start climbing up in price astronomically. They're not Dr. Dre beats.

For serious audiophiles, these are "mid-grade". They're really decent and way above average for the regular commuter and THAT is why it stands out - in a bad way for them!

Anyhow, this is the thread where you've lost a dear item to you and you just want to get some healthy release because there's not a chance in the world that you'd get it returned.

Same. When I lost my wallet. No cash, just a bunch of useless plastic to someone that isn't me. Unless they're going to steal my identity, and given most people don't have a clue how, it's useless to them. Just return it you prick.

Although I do think a 'friend' took it, but whatever, can't prove it so no real point making the accusation.

A big F Y for those who find stuff that don't belong to them and keep it. Lost a pair of higher-end earphones (no, not the Dr. Dre beats - not high end stuff at all) - my fault for not taking care of it and leaving it on the bus, presumably. 400 dollar retail earphones lost on the bus? Nope.. not showing up at the Lost and Found.

The next time I see a lost item, I am going to return it and advertise it all over to hopefully let the owner know that it's safe and can be picked up free of charge. (I looked all over and nobody is dumb enough to resell it on CL just yet)

Anyhow, I am just going to throw this rant in, buy myself another brand of earphones and to those who found it, enjoy it while you can. You're owing karma some debt.

I feel your pain. Was at the Commodore some weeks back for Monstertruck/foxseeds. Fire alarm got pulled and in the confusion that followed to get out, I lost my blackberry (yes, a blackberry) somehow. Anyhow it never was turned in or found. I sent it numerous texts that I'd give a reward to get back, but nothing.

Yikes, in a lot of ways, that's way more important. Contact details are on there. Schedules go out of loop. Return the damn item! It doesn't belong to you. Or at least have the decency to return it to the lost and found, if there's a pass on it.

I take it.. if there was no pass, it would have an even higher chance of it being gone. :/

no pass on it, luckily I didn't have a tonne of incriminating stuff on it. I also always kept it back up on the computer, but i was still out around $200 to get a phone through insurance, case, and memory card. My stupidity for not having Blackberry Protect setup, could have just wiped the phone remotely... but not the point!

Whats the point of even bringing this up? Still doesn't make it right to keep something that doesn't belong to you. It's essentially stealing. Your logic doesn't make it any more right.

There are a lot of terrible people out there. For example, I found a wallet several years back and returned it to the guy's house. You'd think he'd be happy and/or appreciative, right? Nope ... Guy got pissed off at me because I brought it to his house :rolleyes:

Anyways, don't expect people to be moral ...

Did OP have his/her contact info on the headphones? I didn't think so.

Also the point was if one is worried about ethics then worry about what you do not what others do.

Perhaps we need oil more than the ppl we kill to steal oil from.

There are a lot of terrible people out there. For example, I found a wallet several years back and returned it to the guy's house. You'd think he'd be happy and/or appreciative, right? Nope ... Guy got pissed off at me because I brought it to his house :rolleyes:

Anyways, don't expect people to be moral ...

Archived