87 replies to this topic

#31 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Dropped my then-new Nokia N95 on the the number 20 Hastings bus. I knew I wasn't going to get it back, but called Lost and Found anyway. As I suspected, it didn't turn up.

Found a wallet at UBC in Woodward and promptly returned it to the library front desk. I don't really see the point of keeping someone's wallet (assuming you were a dishonest person). The cards of of no use to you.

Edited by Jai604, 11 October 2012 - 09:40 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#32 CIA

CIA

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Finders keepers, losers weepers.

I learned it in kindergarten.
Posted Image

#33 Neil HD

Neil HD

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Back in August, I found a Vancity debit card just laying on the pavement outside Surrey Central Station. People around me were avoiding it like a landmine, but I simply took it back to the nearby Vancity branch.

Edited by Neil HD, 11 October 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#34 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

I lost my hope for humanity if you find it please p.m. your contact info. :(

#35 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

I `found a plain envelope no name nothing When I was about 13 with $100 in it so i kept it and split it with my brother as we were together just walking on a bike path.. found someones wallet once so I turned it in to Police station think the guy who it was gave me $10 or 20 for finding it.

#36 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Seems like a fitting thread to say "do to others what you would have them do to you".

If you've lost something, wouldn't you want to get it back? Now if the person knows how it feels to lose something valuable to them, and they know that they would like to get it back when they lose something, they should also be able to sympathize with the person who lost something and, upon finding the item, should try their best to return the lost item to its owner. In this thread though, it seems to be more like "do to others what's good for yourself".

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#37 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

2 stories:

I was at EXPO 86 and they had the Space Shuttle ride (like the Pirate Ship) that went in a big loop - the full 360 degrees. My family was sitting in front of it and some guy's money clip fell out of his wallet. It didn't stay together, so it was literally raining money off to one side and (I was a kid at the time) we were running around catching it. Great fun.

Of course we gathered up what we could and returned it to the guy whose pocket it fell out of as it was several hundred and his cash to spend on his family (my parents wouldn't have let us keep it if we tried anyways).

The other story was when I'd had my kit bag stolen from the side of a field in New West during a rugby practice. A few guys had their bags swiped and of course we were out on the field running with only our rugby gear on so it was our wallets, keys, clothes, etc. I got a call awhile later on during the big week where Surrey does the annual spring cleaning and one of the guys hired to do the extra work had picked up a bag that had a number of wallets and ID left in it - one of which was mine.

I'd already replaced my ID and wasn't rich at the time so had no money after doing so, but drove out to his house where he happily returned my ID. I'm sure he would have liked a small reward for his efforts, I just didn't have it, but I appreciated his help even after I'd replaced my IDs.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#38 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I would really like to return the dog crap that I find, to the lady that lets her dogs do their business on my lawn...

Edited by C00KIES, 11 October 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#39 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I found a wallet before with 120 cash in it and all the IDs the first thing that came into my mind is if I lose my wallet id be freaking out so id want the person to do everything in their power to return it.. I opened the phone book and some how found the guy and everything and rang him up and he came and picked it up he was so thankful to, even gave me 20 bucks lol just cant have a bad conscious.
GO Canucks GO

#40 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

I would really like to return the dog crap that I find, to the lady that lets her dogs do their business on my lawn...

you need to utilize your sprinklers in these situations

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#41 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Twice now I have dropped money out of my pocket by pulling my phone out...sigh~! BUT twice 2 ladies picked up my money and caught me up to return it.......Am I cute...ya I am ;)

#42 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,085 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Surrey gets a bad rap on this forum but one of my buddies lost his blackberry in a park in the Cedar Hills area and got it back the following day from a good samaritan.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#43 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,482 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I've had 2 of my iPod's stolen/not returned.

My first one was taken after it fell out of my jacket while watching a school basketball game. I was new at the school and was told the name of the person who took it. I had no idea who the person was, but they were not going to give it back. Apparently they smashed the screen, cleared everything on it and continued using it just so there was no way I could prove it was mine.

I lost my second one last year at my current school. This one, I'm not so sure about. Either it fell out of my pocket while I was getting out of my car, or it was this sketchy guy walking behind me who picked it out of my pocket. Even if it did fall out of my pocket, no one bothered returning it. If it was the sketchy guy who picked it from my pocket, he's a complete dick. My jacket was stupidly made which made my iPod stick out of my pockets. I never bothered confronting him, so I guess it's my fault at the end.

As rattled as I was to lose both of them, they were both my fault. Losing an iPod won't ruin my entire life.  

I'll probably get a new iPod at the end of this month anyways lol.

The lesson here is don't bring your ipod to school. The lesson for your parents is stop buying you new ipods.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#44 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

The lesson here is don't bring your ipod to school. The lesson for your parents is stop buying you new ipods.

My mother could care less about me losing an iPod. It's not like I lost something important. By the way, the only iPod she bought me was my second one. My first one was a gift from a friend, and the new one is coming out of my own pocket.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#45 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

huh, wow.

Why did he turn into an ex-neighbour? Exiled out of the neighbourhood?

Also, what did you say/do to stop him?

Oh man i was coming home from school and i go into my backyard and there he was the douchebag with a cage ready to steal my puppy and a leash wrapped around his neck trying to drag him into the cage. I just yelled at him asking him wtf is he doing he looked startled and ran away. We later tried confronting him about it me and my dad went to his door and he wouldnt open it. Shocker right..
But after that event we told our neighbours what he tried to do he was pretty much exiled out of the neighbourhood as no one talked to him or even acknowledged him he was gone within a month.
Posted Image

#46 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Losing it on the bus is one thing. There is not a lot you can do except be more careful next time.

Here is another poor situation. Before Mom died last Christmas season, she was in the palliative care unit in Nanaimo. She had a small laptop with her with all the pictures of us and her grandkids on it. Someone walked into the unit and stole the laptop while she has getting a treatment. People who steal like that should rot in hell.

#47 nivlek604

nivlek604

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

The way I see it. YOU lost them. Now you want who ever found them to advertise them to get them back to YOU? Get over yourself pal. Life goes on.

When I lose something I pretty much count it as a loss and if the item gets retrned, great. If not I am the one who lost it, so I deal with it.

#48 BZRK

BZRK

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

I remember when I was about 12 and I bussed up to my local mall to spend the $20 I was given for my birthday from a friend. I was so proud of my purchases, a bargain bin movie and a book that I had wanted for awhile, I had just gotten off the bus when I realized I didn't have the bag. As I was getting off, I noticed the guy sitting next to me shot me a very furtive look and took something off the seat where I was sitting. I didn't think anything of it until I got off the bus. Phoned lost and found and nothing showed up.

DARRENHELM

Posted Image

marinated.pea

#49 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I found these awesome ear buds on the bus. think they retail for several hundred dollars. score!

Me too :bigblush:
Posted Image

#50 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

How do people lose their belongings so easily..headphones, wallets etc..do you put it on the seat next to you when you sit down or something?...I just keep whatever i need immediately in my pockets and make sure their ALWAYS zipped..rest i toss in my bag that's always around my shoulder..easy.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#51 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

How do people lose their belongings so easily..headphones, wallets etc..do you put it on the seat next to you when you sit down or something?...I just keep whatever i need immediately in my pockets and make sure their ALWAYS zipped..rest i toss in my bag that's always around my shoulder..easy.

Most people don't lose stuff often but when they are under stress, mind is elsewhere, or something unexpected happens it can happen a lot easier than one would think.

#52 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

POPULAR

Slightly drifting away from the main topic, but I've never really seen the point in really expensive headphones. I mean, it's completely up to you what you spend your money on, and if you want to spend it on headphones, then cool. I don't have a problem with it.

But $400? Really? Surely the difference in quality can't be worth that much?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 Horny Manatee

Horny Manatee

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Your pockets have zippers?
LAWL
Posted Image
Lick my lollipops?

#54 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Your pockets have zippers?
LAWL

Yupp, most my jackets do..not a single zipper on my jeans though..

13zpnd4.jpg

#55 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yupp, most my jackets do..not a single zipper on my jeans though..

Not even on the fly?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Not even on the fly?

Nope...I'm pretty lazy..

13zpnd4.jpg

#57 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

The place I work has a retail counter and we get an amazing amount of items just left on the counter or on the floor. If its car keys they come back in a minute and get them back and if its a wallet or anything with ID in it we track them down but once it was $700 in a plain silver money clip left on the floor. That sat locked in our safe for a full year without anyone coming for it.

But then we also once had a customer prepay for a set of 4 authentic shelby knock off wheels, at over $2500 EACH and when we called that they were in a couple weeks later we left message after message and eventually the number was no longer in service. Things happen.

Posted Image

#58 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

I found 50$ on the ground one time......A lot of beer was consumed that day.

13zpnd4.jpg

#59 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Quite crapty but sorry, it aint nothing. You left them behind. Wait 'til your car gets busted into or worse.

on another note

http://www.washingto...8112901913.html
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#60 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

did you have your name on the headphones? contact info? what are the chances he does take it to lost & found do you think the guy behind the counter aint gonna take them? kids today they have big money tied up into little things that mean nothing! when i was growing up you think i could convince my parents to buy me a gameboy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.