87 replies to this topic

#61 DW23

DW23

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

rented a car one time when I went surfing. took off my watch and put it in the back. it was a big SU so I put it in the bottle holder in the back row.

returned my car and while on my way to the airport called the car rental company and told them about the watch and where I put it (remind you, I called them maybe 15 mins after I dropped.off the car).

they told me there was no watch....lost all my trust in people ever returning stuff right there

on the other hand, I've returned many wallets and even a gold ring once. those things have no value to me but for the owner they do!

sig courtesy of luongorox

#62 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hmm,
Tough call here, I'm assuming you live I'm Vancouver here. Lets say you find $50 on the bus, is it your lucky day? Or your responsibility to return it to one of the hundreds of people who use public transit? Either way, people Will lie and say its their item they lost.

Aere you serious? No one can claim lost money as theirs, but they could identify the headphones that were lost...Nice try assimilating the two though
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#63 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

It sucks to lose something but pretty hard to feel sorry for a guy who spends $400 on ear phones.

Edited by Dogbyte, 12 October 2012 - 01:21 PM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#64 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

WOW.

Well, you were the better person and it doesn't matter if he didn't appreciate it. Somewhere in the world (i.e.) me, recognizes that! Well done! That is awesome, even though the end result is much less desirable!

I wonder why he freaked out about that.

There was no money in it, so the guy accused me of stealing the money out of it then accused me of casing his house for a B&E ... :rolleyes:

#65 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

It sucks to lose something but pretty hard to feel sorry for a guy who spends $400 on ear phones.

There's really a difference in sound. *shrugs*
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#66 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Losing it on the bus is one thing. There is not a lot you can do except be more careful next time.

Here is another poor situation. Before Mom died last Christmas season, she was in the palliative care unit in Nanaimo. She had a small laptop with her with all the pictures of us and her grandkids on it. Someone walked into the unit and stole the laptop while she has getting a treatment. People who steal like that should rot in hell.

Yeah.. it was my fault.

But WOW, that's _____________ awful. LOL @ him rotting in hell. I think that's too nice of an accommodation.

The way I see it. YOU lost them. Now you want who ever found them to advertise them to get them back to YOU? Get over yourself pal. Life goes on.

When I lose something I pretty much count it as a loss and if the item gets retrned, great. If not I am the one who lost it, so I deal with it.

That may be true but it doesn't mean you can't grieve over them still. It's a personal thing and it's a struggle but yes, life does move on.

I remember when I was about 12 and I bussed up to my local mall to spend the $20 I was given for my birthday from a friend. I was so proud of my purchases, a bargain bin movie and a book that I had wanted for awhile, I had just gotten off the bus when I realized I didn't have the bag. As I was getting off, I noticed the guy sitting next to me shot me a very furtive look and took something off the seat where I was sitting. I didn't think anything of it until I got off the bus. Phoned lost and found and nothing showed up.

What a douche. Shady characters all around.

How do people lose their belongings so easily..headphones, wallets etc..do you put it on the seat next to you when you sit down or something?...I just keep whatever i need immediately in my pockets and make sure their ALWAYS zipped..rest i toss in my bag that's always around my shoulder..easy.

I thought I placed it inside my front zipper but I guess it was under my bag and I left in a hurry - leaving my earphones behind too.

Most people don't lose stuff often but when they are under stress, mind is elsewhere, or something unexpected happens it can happen a lot easier than one would think.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. My mind was elsewhere and I shouldn't have left things at the last minute.

Slightly drifting away from the main topic, but I've never really seen the point in really expensive headphones. I mean, it's completely up to you what you spend your money on, and if you want to spend it on headphones, then cool. I don't have a problem with it.

But $400? Really? Surely the difference in quality can't be worth that much?

Earphones/headphones do have differences at different price ranges but it's not the price that determines the quality. You have to see what's inside of it.

Anyhow, yes, they were excellent earphones. :(

You should definitely check out the variety of earphones/headphones that are available aside from the crappy Apple earbuds that come with Ipods and massively overrated Dr. Dre Beats. Try to find your sound! Dr. Dre beats is just pure bass which people confuse with "good sound". Fact is, bass is only a part of what makes good sound.

The one I'm using right now is really analytical - hardly much bass. Not too great for songs that are more bass-oriented but absolutely stunning for songs that rely less on it (classical, instrumental songs, pop songs, etc etc)

#67 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

did you have your name on the headphones? contact info? what are the chances he does take it to lost & found do you think the guy behind the counter aint gonna take them? kids today they have big money tied up into little things that mean nothing! when i was growing up you think i could convince my parents to buy me a gameboy!

Well, if you spend it and enjoyed it, it was a worthy investment!

rented a car one time when I went surfing. took off my watch and put it in the back. it was a big SU so I put it in the bottle holder in the back row.

returned my car and while on my way to the airport called the car rental company and told them about the watch and where I put it (remind you, I called them maybe 15 mins after I dropped.off the car).

they told me there was no watch....lost all my trust in people ever returning stuff right there

on the other hand, I've returned many wallets and even a gold ring once. those things have no value to me but for the owner they do!

Terrible. :(

A lot of ppl who take stuff are actually those who could actually afford it but don't want to.

I'm no saint though. I've taken stuff that didn't belong to me before - as a kid and when I was younger. There comes a time when you have to grow out of that phase though. Most people that take stuff are not young kids - they are adults.

#68 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

If I find a wallet, I just look for a bank card in it. and take it there.

Outside of that if you just find something on the street, it's nearly impossible to return

#69 AK_19

AK_19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

I remember I lost my wallet on the 99. I didn't realize I lost it until I needed to use a 2nd bus about 15 min. later. The bus driver was nice enough to just give me a bus pass to get home (my upass/money was in the wallet). When I got home someone actually messaged me on FB of all places that they found my wallet. My faith in humanity definitely made a few jumps after that day.

#70 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

One day when I was feeling generous (probably due to having a lot of money in my wallet) I decided to give a homeless man $5 dollars. It turns out that when I turned around to leave I dropped the wallet (like an idiot). The homeless man chased me down and returned it to me. My faith in humanity definitely made a few jumps after that day.

3066141459_1_11_O8PfOu6J.jpg

#71 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I found a wallet with around 2400$ in cash in it. Got it back to the person didnt get a penny. And I was 100% fine with that still am now. I just think about how many others would not have returned that and that's reward enough to me.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#72 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

I once left my bag at waterfront (I had to hold two bags) and saw some guy take it as the skytrain started moving. I went to the lost and found and got it back with some college textbooks and a sandwich in it along with all of my stuff. Odd.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#73 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

I remember I lost my wallet on the 99. I didn't realize I lost it until I needed to use a 2nd bus about 15 min. later. The bus driver was nice enough to just give me a bus pass to get home (my upass/money was in the wallet). When I got home someone actually messaged me on FB of all places that they found my wallet. My faith in humanity definitely made a few jumps after that day.

One day when I was feeling generous (probably due to having a lot of money in my wallet) I decided to give a homeless man $5 dollars. It turns out that when I turned around to leave I dropped the wallet (like an idiot). The homeless man chased me down and returned it to me. My faith in humanity definitely made a few jumps after that day.

I found a wallet with around 2400$ in cash in it. Got it back to the person didnt get a penny. And I was 100% fine with that still am now. I just think about how many others would not have returned that and that's reward enough to me.

I once left my bag at waterfront (I had to hold two bags) and saw some guy take it as the skytrain started moving. I went to the lost and found and got it back with some college textbooks and a sandwich in it along with all of my stuff. Odd.

Amazing stories. Keep them coming guys/girls! I'm reading all of them. Maybe we can all learn something from these incidents! :)

Edited by Dazzle, 14 October 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#74 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

I caught a guy trying to steal my umbrella(70$) that was with a few others in the bank. Claimed he mistook it for his and grabbed another that looked nowhere near mine.

Also I saw a guy attempt to steal a bike seat. The owner caught him and scorned him. When the Thief rode by me I stopped him and grabbed his bike. Told him its a nice looking bike and maybe I should take it. Well I'm not exactly a friendly looking person when I'm angry so that was enough and I let him go. Just wanted him to know that feeling.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#75 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I caught a guy trying to steal my umbrella(70$) that was with a few others in the bank. Claimed he mistook it for his and grabbed another that looked nowhere near mine.

Also I saw a guy attempt to steal a bike seat. The owner caught him and scorned him. When the Thief rode by me I stopped him and grabbed his bike. Told him its a nice looking bike and maybe I should take it. Well I'm not exactly a friendly looking person when I'm angry so that was enough and I let him go. Just wanted him to know that feeling.

I once saw security run across oakridge and superman punch some Indian guy who took some 12 year old's bag.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#76 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

I once saw security run across oakridge and superman punch some Indian guy who took some 12 year old's bag.

Wow too bad you didn't record. Sounds epic lol

#77 Exarch

Exarch

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Slightly drifting away from the main topic, but I've never really seen the point in really expensive headphones. I mean, it's completely up to you what you spend your money on, and if you want to spend it on headphones, then cool. I don't have a problem with it.

But $400? Really? Surely the difference in quality can't be worth that much?

While certainly far from a necessity in life, if you really enjoy listening to music it can seem like a very worthwhile purchase. I`ve listened to a friends` $500 earphones and they are quite amazing, you hear sounds and subtleties in the music that you just can`t hear from typical headphones or speakers. He listens to them at work and home, probably in excess of 50 hours a week for the past three years and they are still going strong.

On topic, I once as a kid (10-11 years old) and a friend found $60 in a plastic baggie under a bus stop bench. We blew it all on candy if I remember correctly. I don`t feel bad for that, it was not near any establishments and that`s the risk you take doing dead drops. On the other hand I found $50 in coins outside my work last year and gave it to the lost & found, because it looked like it was probably a tenant from one of the other buildings heading to the bank.
Posted Image

#78 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I believe sincerely you are the one that is missing the point of this thread. It's meant as a memorial for items that you lost that was never returned and the fact that you had to live with that.

While I do agree with your points that our daily activities affect another person's life on the other side of the globe (i.e. manufacturing of electronic/sporting goods from China) and the energy needed to transport it, AND it goes through a process sometimes not known to the consumer when paying for the item(s), your point actually highlights the idea that there is no excuse in taking something that does not belong to you. I'm sure someone out there is happily enjoying the baseball cap of the Canucks logo somewhere, or someone using a Blackberry that wasn't his/hers to begin with. It makes them look worse.

Memorial for your lost headphones? C'mon man. This is ridiculous, I can't believe how stupid and ridiculous this is. Who has a memorial for their lost headphones? What"s next, a memorial for your lost hat?

Did you have your house address, phone number or other contact info attached to your headphones? Grow up. People lose things every day, quit crying.

Edit. Can't believe this. you actually mentioned the hat.

There's really a difference in sound. *shrugs*

C'mon man, you are crying over losing headphones. You should not be using *shrugs*

Edited by WHL rocks, 14 October 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#79 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Memorial for your lost headphones? C'mon man. This is ridiculous, I can't believe how stupid and ridiculous this is. Who has a memorial for their lost headphones? What"s next, a memorial for your lost hat?

Did you have your house address, phone number or other contact info attached to your headphones? Grow up. People lose things every day, quit crying.

Edit. Can't believe this. you actually mentioned the hat.

C'mon man, you are crying over losing headphones. You should not be using *shrugs*

Love how you're making this thread into a really personal one. I'm not "crying" about them. Right now, you sound like you're the douche that took my earphones. I'm not saying you are the douche who took it (nor am I saying you are a douche), but just like the douche that doesn't care.

I'm sure there's absolutely something in your life that you would grieve over if you've lost something, especially if you've saved up for a period of time for them. If you lost your PC/laptop and it was never returned, how would you feel? Using your logic, it's no big deal, it's just a PC. Sometimes it's not the price factor but the PRICELESS factor.

Why do you care about what I'm doing? I've moved on from it and I opened a thread contributing how I felt and it's opened up into a forum where people can talk about their lost items and to some extent, a place to feel better knowing there are some good deeds being done.

A favourite hat is just as important as a favourite pair of EARPHONES (like mine) or headphones. If it's something that you really really loved, it's important.

Edited by Dazzle, 14 October 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#80 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Just wondering which headphones you have? I spend money on them too...:)

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#81 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Love how you're making this thread into a really personal one. I'm not "crying" about them. Right now, you sound like you're the douche that took my earphones. I'm not saying you are the douche who took it (nor am I saying you are a douche), but just like the douche that doesn't care.

I'm sure there's absolutely something in your life that you would grieve over if you've lost something, especially if you've saved up for a period of time for them. If you lost your PC/laptop and it was never returned, how would you feel? Using your logic, it's no big deal, it's just a PC. Sometimes it's not the price factor but the PRICELESS factor.

Why do you care about what I'm doing? I've moved on from it and I opened a thread contributing how I felt and it's opened up into a forum where people can talk about their lost items and to some extent, a place to feel better knowing there are some good deeds being done.

A favourite hat is just as important as a favourite pair of EARPHONES (like mine) or headphones. If it's something that you really really loved, it's important.

Quit crying. It's your fault you lost them. No "douche took them from you".

#82 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Quit crying. It's your fault you lost them. No "douche took them from you".

Never denied that fact.

Get off my case.

#83 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Wow too bad you didn't record. Sounds epic lol

I was in my car and the guy ran all the way from the entrance near the Canada line to that bank across the street (Scotiabank? It's not TD) with cars still moving. The security guard of the bank got in the way of the robber and BAM! The oakridge security guard threw a superman punch to the back of his head.
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#84 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

I lost my iPhone 3GS a year ago at Marine Drive Canada line when my dad was picking me up. I guess it fell outta my pocket but a very nice lady picked it up and called my home phone and said she would wait for me to come back to pick it up. So I went and she returned it to me and I appreciated her for waiting for me and returning the phone. I tried to offer her a couple bucks so she could treat herself to coffee but like an honest and good person, she didn't take it.

Fast forward to last week, I lose my iPhone AGAIN this time I have no idea how I lost it. I'm pretty sure it was at Commercial-Broadway and fell out of my jacket pocket. Or it's in my room somewhere or its in my dad's car. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I lost it.

Regardless, it didn't matter because by the time I lost the phone, I had already switched to another phone so I was using it as my mp3 player.

And now I somehow misplaced my iPod nano 3rd gen somewher in my room.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#85 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Going off topic but anyone have any suggestions on which headphones I should invest in? I listen to house, electronic, dance and the occasional pop, rap, rock, Taylor Swift, songs.. But mostly house/electronic/dance music. Any suggestions? I was thinking of Dr. Dre beats and even though I've tried them on numerous times at the Apple Store, I'm not convinced that I should invest at least $200 on just the Solos alone

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#86 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,630 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I just lost my wallet this past weekend (I think on a bus). Had to cancel and renew a lot of stuff. Such a pain.

So far, no one has turned it in, but I can hope.

#87 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Oh yeah and I also lost an iClicker on the skytrain at Surrey Central in January. I called Translink to see if anyone turned it in bbut they told me to try again the week after. Of course, I forgot about it and ignored it and just bought a new one :(

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#88 AK_19

AK_19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

I couldn't tell if you were mocking my post lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.