The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RANT] People who find stuff and don't return it

Dazzle

rented a car one time when I went surfing. took off my watch and put it in the back. it was a big SU so I put it in the bottle holder in the back row.

returned my car and while on my way to the airport called the car rental company and told them about the watch and where I put it (remind you, I called them maybe 15 mins after I dropped.off the car).

they told me there was no watch....lost all my trust in people ever returning stuff right there

on the other hand, I've returned many wallets and even a gold ring once. those things have no value to me but for the owner they do!

WOW.

Well, you were the better person and it doesn't matter if he didn't appreciate it. Somewhere in the world (i.e.) me, recognizes that! Well done! That is awesome, even though the end result is much less desirable!

I wonder why he freaked out about that.

Losing it on the bus is one thing. There is not a lot you can do except be more careful next time.

Here is another poor situation. Before Mom died last Christmas season, she was in the palliative care unit in Nanaimo. She had a small laptop with her with all the pictures of us and her grandkids on it. Someone walked into the unit and stole the laptop while she has getting a treatment. People who steal like that should rot in hell.

did you have your name on the headphones? contact info? what are the chances he does take it to lost & found do you think the guy behind the counter aint gonna take them? kids today they have big money tied up into little things that mean nothing! when i was growing up you think i could convince my parents to buy me a gameboy!

I remember I lost my wallet on the 99. I didn't realize I lost it until I needed to use a 2nd bus about 15 min. later. The bus driver was nice enough to just give me a bus pass to get home (my upass/money was in the wallet). When I got home someone actually messaged me on FB of all places that they found my wallet. My faith in humanity definitely made a few jumps after that day.

One day when I was feeling generous (probably due to having a lot of money in my wallet) I decided to give a homeless man $5 dollars. It turns out that when I turned around to leave I dropped the wallet (like an idiot). The homeless man chased me down and returned it to me. My faith in humanity definitely made a few jumps after that day.

I remember I lost my wallet on the 99. I didn't realize I lost it until I needed to use a 2nd bus about 15 min. later. The bus driver was nice enough to just give me a bus pass to get home (my upass/money was in the wallet). When I got home someone actually messaged me on FB of all places that they found my wallet. My faith in humanity definitely made a few jumps after that day.

I caught a guy trying to steal my umbrella(70$) that was with a few others in the bank. Claimed he mistook it for his and grabbed another that looked nowhere near mine.

Also I saw a guy attempt to steal a bike seat. The owner caught him and scorned him. When the Thief rode by me I stopped him and grabbed his bike. Told him its a nice looking bike and maybe I should take it. Well I'm not exactly a friendly looking person when I'm angry so that was enough and I let him go. Just wanted him to know that feeling.

Slightly drifting away from the main topic, but I've never really seen the point in really expensive headphones. I mean, it's completely up to you what you spend your money on, and if you want to spend it on headphones, then cool. I don't have a problem with it.

But $400? Really? Surely the difference in quality can't be worth that much?

I believe sincerely you are the one that is missing the point of this thread. It's meant as a memorial for items that you lost that was never returned and the fact that you had to live with that.

While I do agree with your points that our daily activities affect another person's life on the other side of the globe (i.e. manufacturing of electronic/sporting goods from China) and the energy needed to transport it, AND it goes through a process sometimes not known to the consumer when paying for the item(s), your point actually highlights the idea that there is no excuse in taking something that does not belong to you. I'm sure someone out there is happily enjoying the baseball cap of the Canucks logo somewhere, or someone using a Blackberry that wasn't his/hers to begin with. It makes them look worse.

Memorial for your lost headphones? C'mon man. This is ridiculous, I can't believe how stupid and ridiculous this is. Who has a memorial for their lost headphones? What"s next, a memorial for your lost hat?

Did you have your house address, phone number or other contact info attached to your headphones? Grow up. People lose things every day, quit crying.

Edit. Can't believe this. you actually mentioned the hat.

C'mon man, you are crying over losing headphones. You should not be using *shrugs*

Archived