The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3-Team Luongo Proposal [FLA - NYI - VAN]

My suggestion is to not move Luongo. But if we do, then we should make sure we get a better deal than this.

You claim that getting rid of those players is value in itself. It isn't. You are clearly undervaluing our players. Just because you don't like their contracts, doesn't mean we should get rid of those players asap.

Luongo, Booth, Ballard, 2nd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okposo and Visnovsky

Edit:

If MG does this he would be run out of Vancouver. Zero rationale as to why the Canucks would do this. This is a horrible propsal and I suspect you are not a Canuck fan.

Van= In picking up okposo and losing booth what do we gain? (I'm one of the guys who think booth should at least get one good shot at playing a whole season in before we start talking of getting rid of the guy) Yes we'd get a chance at getting a better player but to me we should be looking at a playmaking 2nd line rw. I think when it's Luo's time to go we should try and fill that need first.

And Visnovsky? I'd prefer Ballard, I think he's got something to prove and it'll be a good year to show it.

Amazing. Do you know who Visnovsky is? Over the last two years alone, he has 24 goals and 95 points. In fact, I believe that he was even a Norris finalist in 2011. Keith Ballard has 3 goals and 15 points in 129 games as a Canuck. He's 30 years old; it ain't gonna change. He is who he is.

When Wally Buono acquired Casey Printers again, back in 2010 (I think?), and it became obvious that he wasn't a fit, he cut ties immediately. This is part of what makes Wally great; no attachment to the players, whatsoever. The great travesty of most NHL GMs is that they're too loyal to their players, and Gillis with Ballard is a good example.

As for Okposo - it could be argued that he's a better player than Booth right now. And even if he's not right now, the potential is far greater, and we have guys like Higgins/Hansen that are probably capable enough of providing offense in Booth's absence if Okposo wasn't ready. It'd be a reasonable risk to take. It's David Booth, not Alexander Ovechkin.

It makes great sense. We win that trade, hands down.

We unload Luongo, his meltdowns, and his 5.33M cap hit.

We unload Booth and his undeserved 4+ M cap hit.

We unload Ballard, one of the highest paid 5/6 D in the league.

We gain two serviceable players in return. What is the problem?

Archived