The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3-Team Luongo Proposal [FLA - NYI - VAN]

The guy who is a cynic about every possible trade believes a 3 way trade is possible? Interesting.

I'm not really interested in a 36 y/o Visnovsky who challenged his last trade. We are dumping like 12 million in cap though, which free agent are we pursuing exactly?

I don't think Florida is willing to part with Markstrom, but you tried.

Luongo, Booth, Ballard, 2nd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okposo and Visnovsky

Edit:

If MG does this he would be run out of Vancouver. Zero rationale as to why the Canucks would do this. This is a horrible propsal and I suspect you are not a Canuck fan.

I like Okposo (who doesn't) but why would we give up that much only to take back a 36 year old Visnovski? As has been mentioned, what are we clearing cap space for? The Isles would probably take a young goalie like Markstrom, but why would Florida give him up when they want him for the future of the franchise?

Aren't you always saying that Chicago is the only place he can go?

Either way, this proposal is awful. We give up so much for so little and we don't need all the cap space anyway since we won't be signing any pricy players.

Everybody wins in this deal except for Vancouver.

I like Okposo (who doesn't) but why would we give up that much only to take back a 36 year old Visnovski? As has been mentioned, what are we clearing cap space for? The Isles would probably take a young goalie like Markstrom, but why would Florida give him up when they want him for the future of the franchise?

Booth a bad aquisition?

We gave up strum- not in

League anymore

And Samuellson- soft, smallish, old.

Booth was doing really well until he got injured, I like him- he may only be a 45 point player but he was on pace for over 20 goals with the Canucks on a line with a center who couldn't pass or shoot last year due to injury and ego

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if you have any idea who Booth is. Booth put up 40 points in 2007-08 and 60 points in 2008-09 before taking an elbow to the head from Mike Richards. During the season when he was suffering from a concussion, he still managed to put up 16 points in 28 games, which is very respectable, and the following year he scored 40 points in 82 games, which if you look at it, he scored a point every other game. Samuelsson and Sturm were two players Florida was interested in, and when Sturm couldn't do anything here Tallon came calling and said Vancouver can have Booth as long as they can take Steve Reinprechts salary back with David. As other people have said Booth was looking like he was going to have a very solid first season as a Canuck until he got injured for about a month.

You are crazy if you think that Florida was "interested" in Samuelsson and Sturm. If they were so interested in them, why is Samuelsson in Detroit and why has Sturm very likely played his last NHL game? Florida was interested in getting rid of David Booth. Gillis took on David Booth - and his contract - in exchange for a flat-out dumb signing from the summer (Sturm), and an aging Samuelsson. Both guys had expiring contracts, which is what Florida wanted. All that Florida wanted out of that deal was to get rid of David Booth. Period.

And yes, I know all about David Booth. He had an excellent year in 2008-09, and has not been the same since. Even prior to getting injured, his numbers were not on par to match 2008-09. In fact, if you look at his career, it's a lot less accomplished than even Chris Higgins', and he's only 1 year younger. Booth was paid on the basis of continued development from '08-'09, and he has not delivered.

I don't think it's really that bad. The loser in your current deal is Vancouver, based on what they give up for their return. Florida gains Luongo and a third for Markstrom. I would prefer something along the lines of:

To FLA:

-Roberto Luongo

-NYI 2013 Third Round Pick

To NYI:

-Jakob Markstrom

-Scottie Upshall

-Keith Ballard

-VAN 2013 Second Round Pick

To VAN:

-Lubomir Visnovsky

-Kyle Okposo

NYI In: Markstrom, Upshall, Ballard, VAN 2nd.

NYI Out: Okposo, Visnovsky, 3rd.

FLA In: Luongo, NYI 3rd

FLA Out: Markstrom, Upshall

VAN In: Visnovsky, Okposo

VAN Out: Luongo, Ballard, 2nd.

Daniel Sedin / Henrik Sedin / Alexandre Burrows

David Booth / Ryan Kesler / Kyle Okposo

Chris Higgins / Maxim Lapierre / Jannick Hansen

Mason Raymond / Manny Malhotra / Zack Kassian

Aaron Volpatti / Dale Weise

Dan Hamhuis / Kevin Bieksa

Lubomir Visnovsky / Alexander Edler

Jason Garrison / Chris Tanev

Andrew Alberts

Cory Schneider

Eddie Lack

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,785,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,415,000

Archived