Its so sad. People are just mean

#3 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yeah I was going to post this earlier but thought someone would have already done it by now.

As someone who used to work with troubled youth these stories are even harder to read because I've seen how kids bully each other and the effects of it. It's so unfortunate gets me sad and angry.

RIP Amanda Todd
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Kass

Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

High school is one of the most fracked up places, kids are ridiculous there they don't understand how much it effects other kids when they bully them like that. I would never do what that one guy did to her even to my most hated ex (Showing pictures to other people of her) I don't understand why someone would do that to anyone, it honestly confuses almost as much if not more than trying to figure out women in general

EDIT: RIP Amanda you looked like a nice, and pretty looking girl in the video and I hate the people who did this to you

Edited by Kass, 11 October 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#5 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,314 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Poor girl. I went through something similar (rumours and seclusion) in grade 7, in fact, I had a nightmare (not a rare occurrence) about the situation recently. It doesn't leave you. Although my situation at least got better, her's did not. Bullying is terrible, especially with the advancement of technology, and teens are ruthless.

R.I.P. Amanda Todd :(
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#6 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Only authority in an high school settings are teachers, and when I was in school time and time again any bullying would just either go unnoticed (34 people to a classroom x4 classes a day, it's tough to keep up with everything) and in some other cases ignored.

99% of the time, the bullies are the ones who are often in trouble or getting detention the most. The school often goes out of their way to help those kids, but NEVER realizes that keeping them their, that they hurt a lot of other students.

#7 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

POPULAR

I have some different problems from this. Firstly, she makes it very clear that she was on either Chatroulette or Omegle. She flashed on her own free will. All she had to do was press "next" and nothing would have come from this if she wasn't so desperate for attention. Her parents should have been much more involved with her internet use and habits if the daughter tended to do these things. While suicide is never the answer and I feel for their family, this whole series of events could have been prevented by using common sense or doing things that normal 7th graders (that's 12 years old, folks) would do.

#8 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

POPULAR

I have some different problems from this. Firstly, she makes it very clear that she was on either Chatroulette or Omegle. She flashed on her own free will. All she had to do was press "next" and nothing would have come from this if she wasn't so desperate for attention. Her parents should have been much more involved with her internet use and habits if the daughter tended to do these things. While suicide is never the answer and I feel for their family, this whole series of events could have been prevented by using common sense or doing things that normal 7th graders (that's 12 years old, folks) would do.

Young teens and pre-teens don't always have the best common sense Trip. Yes she did something stupid and immature, she didn;t deserve to be stalked and bullied for the rest of her short life because of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

POPULAR

way to make it sound like it was her fault, You also make it sound like you are justifying the bullies actions.

#10 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's so heartbreaking...

I hope she's in peace now. God bless her family.

#11 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

POPULAR

Yeah, let's not blame the guy (probably much older) who likely talked an impressionable 12 year old girl into flashing the camera... And let's not blame him from blackmailing the same 12 year old girl with that picture in return for sexual favors. Lets not blame that same guy who sends that picture to all of her friends and family... After all, he was just doing what "normal" guys do. Perfectly acceptable..

You sir, are completely insensitive. I hope for your sake you're still an ignorant teenager...

Edited by debluvscanucks, 12 October 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#12 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

That's so heartbreaking...

I hope she's in peace now. God bless her family.

Agree.

R.I.P

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#13 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Wow.....so sad. :(
Posted Image

#14 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Young teens and pre-teens don't always have the best common sense Trip. Yes she did something stupid and immature, she didn;t deserve to be stalked and bullied for the rest of her short life because of it.

way to make it sound like it was her fault, You also make it sound like you are justifying the bullies actions.

Yeah, let's not blame the guy (probably much older) who likely talked an impressionable 12 year old girl into flashing the camera... And let's not blame him from blackmailing the same 12 year old girl with that picture in return for sexual favors. Lets not blame that same guy who sends that picture to all of her friends and family... After all, he was just doing what "normal" guys do. Perfectly acceptable..

You sir, are a completely insensitive idiot. I hope for your sake you're still an ignorant teenager...

I'm not trying to justify anything that was done to her. No, she did not deserve what happened to her. Yes, I sympathize with her family. However, if you believe that no blame whatsoever is in her ballpark, you're wrong. She made a stupid mistake for a pre-teen? Sure. That mistake still eventually lead to her suicide. Go ahead and call me "immature", "ignorant", or whatever you'd prefer to say. I'm entitled to my own opinion and I believe that while what happened to her is BEYOND messed up, and that the guy who did it deserves more than his fair share of punishment in prison. Acting as if I was saying she's to blame for more than a minute bit of this is incorrect, and you guys know it.

#15 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Some people are complete douce bags. I hope they find themselves in a rightful punishment sometime.

Rip Amanda
Posted Image

#16 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

On a scale of 1 to 100 I would say she contributed 1 point and all the other factors contributed 99 points towards her eventual suicide. Bullying and major depressive disorders are big problems in the world. Sickening.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

On a scale of 1 to 100 I would say she contributed 1 point and all the other factors contributed 99 points towards her eventual suicide. Bullying and major depressive disorders are big problems in the world. Sickening.

That's exactly what I'm saying - only a minute point of this is her fault. It's still sickening.

#18 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Pretty much my thoughts.

Also, a couple things from the video:

She never went to get help from her parents to deal with the prick on Facebook harassing you? I always went to my parents as a kid whenever I had a problem. They have massive influence on what can happen and they almost always make things better. I think a lot of people were the same way as kids.

Then she turns to drugs and alcohol to deal with the pain? She is able to afford these things how? And what are her parents doing exactly about this? Nothing?

Next, she gets beat up at school or whatever. The part of this whole thing that makes me face palm the hardest is the fact she kept these 'friends' on her Facebook as 'friends' when they where evidently anything BUT friends. They continue to make fun of her and post pictures and tag her in them and she gets worse mentally because of it but does nothing about it such as ignoring them or even deleting her page?

Also, not to sound like an insensitive prick, because I'm not, nobody deserves what happened to her, but there was a whole lot of stupid on her part given how she explained it. And her parents proved to be useless as well by the sounds of it.
Posted Image

#19 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

The full video she made chronicling what happened:

#20 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

POPULAR

Pretty much my thoughts.

Also, a couple things from the video:

She never went to get help from her parents to deal with the prick on Facebook harassing you? I always went to my parents as a kid whenever I had a problem. They have massive influence on what can happen and they almost always make things better. I think a lot of people were the same way as kids.

Then she turns to drugs and alcohol to deal with the pain? She is able to afford these things how? And what are her parents doing exactly about this? Nothing?

Next, she gets beat up at school or whatever. The part of this whole thing that makes me face palm the hardest is the fact she kept these 'friends' on her Facebook as 'friends' when they where evidently anything BUT friends. They continue to make fun of her and post pictures and tag her in them and she gets worse mentally because of it but does nothing about it such as ignoring them or even deleting her page?

Also, not to sound like an insensitive prick, because I'm not, nobody deserves what happened to her, but there was a whole lot of stupid on her part given how she explained it. And her parents proved to be useless as well by the sounds of it.

Not everyone has parents who are willing to help unfortunately. Most troubled teens especially young ones turn to alcohol and drugs to deal with their garbage, again another unfortunate thing. Also many teens want to feel liked and want to have friends...I don't know why she kept ones like that on FB but high school is a big popularity contest and I imagine she just wanted to feel like she had friends and wasn't alone.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Not everyone has parents who are willing to help unfortunately. Most troubled teens especially young ones turn to alcohol and drugs to deal with their garbage, again another unfortunate thing. Also many teens want to feel liked and want to have friends...I don't know why she kept ones like that on FB but high school is a big popularity contest and I imagine she just wanted to feel like she had friends and wasn't alone.

Yeah, it's sad. This all could have been prevented with a little decency from people and some common sense.
Posted Image

#22 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

If the school she was at in the first place actually addressed this issue, this would not have happened.

#23 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

they should go after the bullies and put them in jail. The guy is also a useless douchebag.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#24 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

RIP Amanda

Bullying makes me absolutely sick.

#25 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

POPULAR

Why don't we stop arguing and bickering, and actually give a damn about the agencies out there that try to prevent this crap from happening?

http://www.crisiscen...-us/contact-us/
http://www.chimocrisis.com/
www.kidshelpphone.ca/

Go put your money where your mouth is

Edited by Common sense, 11 October 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#26 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Why don't we stop arguing and bickering, and actually give a damn about the agencies out there that try to prevent this crap from happening?

www.kidshelpphone.ca/

+1
Best thing you can do is just advertise these. High schools are terrible at it.

#27 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

www.kidshelpphone.ca/

Been donating monthly for the past 3 years or so to the Crisis Centre. Extremely worthy cause! My roommate and good friend committed suicide some years ago and this was a way for a bit of closure I guess you could say.

Another worth one is the BC Mental Health Foundation: http://www.bcmhf.ca/

#28 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,214 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Far too young too young to die. Yes, give to charities that provide help, and counselling. Sadly with friends and family a lot of people aren't aware of the warning signs. If someone ever jokes about killing themselves, have a heart to heart with that person. That's one of the warning signs. Sometimes it's really hard to talk about this stuff, but let the people you care about know that they aren't alone.

Sometimes all it takes is a friend to listen.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#29 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

For the people claiming that she's partially to blame for her mistake. Wow.
Coming from someone who's suffered from mild depression, seeking help isn't as easy as it seems.
She changed schools and cities, what, 4 times?
Sure, she flashed someone. She was looking for attention. She was what, 12 when it happened? How stupid of her.
Really. Reaaaaaaaaally dumb comments.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#30 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

For the people claiming that she's partially to blame for her mistake. Wow.
Coming from someone who's suffered from mild depression, seeking help isn't as easy as it seems.
She changed schools and cities, what, 4 times?
Sure, she flashed someone. She was looking for attention. She was what, 12 when it happened? How stupid of her.
Really. Reaaaaaaaaally dumb comments.

THIS. 99% says the people criticizing her, were/are bullies in high school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.