The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Amanda Todd

Kass9

Yeah I was going to post this earlier but thought someone would have already done it by now.

As someone who used to work with troubled youth these stories are even harder to read because I've seen how kids bully each other and the effects of it. It's so unfortunate gets me sad and angry.

RIP Amanda Todd

High school is one of the most fracked up places, kids are ridiculous there they don't understand how much it effects other kids when they bully them like that. I would never do what that one guy did to her even to my most hated ex (Showing pictures to other people of her) I don't understand why someone would do that to anyone, it honestly confuses almost as much if not more than trying to figure out women in general

EDIT: RIP Amanda you looked like a nice, and pretty looking girl in the video and I hate the people who did this to you

Poor girl. I went through something similar (rumours and seclusion) in grade 7, in fact, I had a nightmare (not a rare occurrence) about the situation recently. It doesn't leave you. Although my situation at least got better, her's did not. Bullying is terrible, especially with the advancement of technology, and teens are ruthless.

R.I.P. Amanda Todd :(

Only authority in an high school settings are teachers, and when I was in school time and time again any bullying would just either go unnoticed (34 people to a classroom x4 classes a day, it's tough to keep up with everything) and in some other cases ignored.

99% of the time, the bullies are the ones who are often in trouble or getting detention the most. The school often goes out of their way to help those kids, but NEVER realizes that keeping them their, that they hurt a lot of other students.

I have some different problems from this. Firstly, she makes it very clear that she was on either Chatroulette or Omegle. She flashed on her own free will. All she had to do was press "next" and nothing would have come from this if she wasn't so desperate for attention. Her parents should have been much more involved with her internet use and habits if the daughter tended to do these things. While suicide is never the answer and I feel for their family, this whole series of events could have been prevented by using common sense or doing things that normal 7th graders (that's 12 years old, folks) would do.

I have some different problems from this. Firstly, she makes it very clear that she was on either Chatroulette or Omegle. She flashed on her own free will. All she had to do was press "next" and nothing would have come from this if she wasn't so desperate for attention. Her parents should have been much more involved with her internet use and habits if the daughter tended to do these things. While suicide is never the answer and I feel for their family, this whole series of events could have been prevented by using common sense or doing things that normal 7th graders (that's 12 years old, folks) would do.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Also, a couple things from the video:

She never went to get help from her parents to deal with the prick on Facebook harassing you? I always went to my parents as a kid whenever I had a problem. They have massive influence on what can happen and they almost always make things better. I think a lot of people were the same way as kids.

Then she turns to drugs and alcohol to deal with the pain? She is able to afford these things how? And what are her parents doing exactly about this? Nothing?

Next, she gets beat up at school or whatever. The part of this whole thing that makes me face palm the hardest is the fact she kept these 'friends' on her Facebook as 'friends' when they where evidently anything BUT friends. They continue to make fun of her and post pictures and tag her in them and she gets worse mentally because of it but does nothing about it such as ignoring them or even deleting her page?

Also, not to sound like an insensitive prick, because I'm not, nobody deserves what happened to her, but there was a whole lot of stupid on her part given how she explained it. And her parents proved to be useless as well by the sounds of it.

Archived