The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Amanda Todd

Kass9

Thanks,

you are right... kids are way more out of control, and the biggest problem with that is people die.

My son has seen some of the disgusting things some of those little turds are creating now that Amanda is gone.

You've heard of planking?

Now these little crape's are making pictures of people hanging themselves and calling it Todding..

I have told him to stay off the computer for awhile.

I am truly sick to my stomach right now.

If you look at the philosophies of some individuals right here on this board they will maintain up and down that it is their right to offend people.

My point is not to debate their mentality (because it is often a waste of time and energy trying to reason with someone who insists on being offensive to begin with)...but my point is why would one want to go through life willfully and callously offending people? Is that not the very definition of a jacka$$?

So she should be able to have sex with any girls boyfriends she wants with no repercussions? Got it. Way to absolve her from any responsibility for her actions. The media has done a wonderful job of painting her into being the perfect little victim who did absolutely nothing wrong.

I'm sure if she was still alive people would have a different opinion about the incident of her sleeping with another girls boyfriend.

I can't disagree with that observation because I see that as well. However, a lack of action will always result in a lack of change. If people want school districts to take bullying seriously and the districts aren't willing to do it on their own, I don't see any other alternative to getting them to change short of government legislation.

Reading the posts on social media about her and some of the posts even here on CDC just make me so disappointed. This is what society has become? That even after her death, people are laughing about it, saying she deserved it, and even named taking fake suicide pictures "Todding"?

It's shameful, and I'm ashamed I live in the same society as these people.

Nobody deserves such a fate. Nobody.

Yes, evidently Amanda didn't make the best of decisions, but those of you condemning her, have you not made poor decisions in your life? Surely you have, but clearly your poor choices didn't blow up in your face to the extent that Amanda's did.

It's again as I stated earlier, a case of people not fully understanding the issue. From reading a lot of the comments, it's quite clear that people just don't understand bullying and depression, and have never experienced it themselves. If it were simply as easy as talking to someone about it, would you not think that everyone would just do that? If it were as easy as just "being strong", stories likes Amanda's would never happen. Only a person who has never suffered from depression could say things like this. Again, like I said, I can't entirely blame people's ignorance on the issue, because it's not easy to understand. To an outsider looking in, depression doesn't make sense, and it won't, until you've been there.

And again, as I said, earlier, it's hard to blame the lack of understanding on those who haven't experienced it. What is rather pathetic though, is people's lack of compassion, or trying to understand. The sheer cruelty of the people involved and all the idiots posting about her on social media really sadden me. It's just the world we live in, I guess.

unless something happens on school grounds, during school hours, what do you expect the district to do about it? When did the education system become the fix-all for everything? She said herself she took the blame for the fight at school.........what else could be done?

Archived