The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Amanda Todd

Kass9

Is it really normal for a girl in grade seven to do a several minute strip tease on the computer? The media keeps saying it was a innocent common little mistake, but it was apparently more then flashing boobs. That hardly sounds like a little innocent half second mistake the media is trying to make it sound like. you don't go from being a normal kid to saying oh here's a strip tease oh back to normal oh my god leave me alone. I guess only she and the kids who bullied her know the real story, they are still being so mean to her, makes me think she was really a bad kid, or the kids have to keep thinking of her a bad person so they can live with themselves for what they did. Things seldom are how they appear,its just sad to see how the world is reacting on all this ,exactly how bullies are, reacting on gossip.

Is it really normal for a girl in grade seven to do a several minute strip tease on the computer? The media keeps saying it was a innocent common little mistake, but it was apparently more then flashing boobs. That hardly sounds like a little innocent half second mistake the media is trying to make it sound like. you don't go from being a normal kid to saying oh here's a strip tease oh back to normal oh my god leave me alone. I guess only she and the kids who bullied her know the real story, they are still being so mean to her, makes me think she was really a bad kid, or the kids have to keep thinking of her a bad person so they can live with themselves for what they did. Things seldom are how they appear,its just sad to see how the world is reacting on all this ,exactly how bullies are, reacting on gossip.

I probably sound horrible for saying this, but why does everyone care so much? I mean, people kill themselves because of bullying every day, and nobody gives a **** about them. Is it just because she made a Youtube video or is there some other reason? Personally i think that people are going to far by calling her an "angel" and a "saint" because she clearly wasn't. She showed her body and slept with guys when she was 15. What i am saying is, why don't we react like this every time a kid kills himself because of bullying? Why the big reaction for this one case? Just my opinion.

Just the way the media works. Every so often when an attractive (usually white) young person dies or goes missing, the world stops for a few minutes so people can tell their own stories and say "that sucks," before something even more shocking captures their attention.

Todd's death won't change the way young people act, but hopefully it'll spur some new legal approaches to bullying. Who knows!

In the meantime, do you have a story about bullying you'd like to share?

The internet vigilantes: Anonymous hackers' group outs man, 32, 'who drove girl, 15, to suicide by spreading topless photos of her'

Anonymous has named a man it claims posted topless pictures of a 15-year-old girl online and harassed her so relentlessly that she killed herself.

Amanda Todd, from Vancouver, Canada, was found hanged in her home on October 10, just weeks after she uploaded a video to YouTube detailing her horrific treatment at the hands of cyber bullies.

When she was just 12, a man in an internet chat room convinced her to flash her breasts, and a year later, he plastered a picture of the incident across Facebook.

Now in a vigilante move, Anonymous, the world's largest hacking group, has named the man allegedly responsible for the picture.

The group claims that he is a 32-year-old from British Columbia, but MailOnline has chosen not to identify him for legal reasons.

As Todd's supporters set up Facebook pages warning the man to 'sleep with one eye open', the move by Anonymous sparks concerns over its abilities to create a 'trial by internet' - bypassing the justice system and casting guilt.

In a video posted to YouTube by Anonymous, a figure claims the group lists his personal information, including his date of birth and address.

It explains that his username appears on websites where he 'blackmailed' and gave advice to young girls. The same username is also tied to a website with a 'jailbait' photo gallery.

'[He] is an abomination to our society, and will be punished,' the Anonymous figure says.

Referring to the possibility they might have the wrong man, they add: 'At the most this is the person who did this to Amanda Todd, and at the least it's another pedophile that enjoys taking advantage of children.'

Archived