The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Amanda Todd

Kass9

Not everyone has parents who are willing to help unfortunately. Most troubled teens especially young ones turn to alcohol and drugs to deal with their garbage, again another unfortunate thing. Also many teens want to feel liked and want to have friends...I don't know why she kept ones like that on FB but high school is a big popularity contest and I imagine she just wanted to feel like she had friends and wasn't alone.

Far too young too young to die. Yes, give to charities that provide help, and counselling. Sadly with friends and family a lot of people aren't aware of the warning signs. If someone ever jokes about killing themselves, have a heart to heart with that person. That's one of the warning signs. Sometimes it's really hard to talk about this stuff, but let the people you care about know that they aren't alone.

Sometimes all it takes is a friend to listen.

For the people claiming that she's partially to blame for her mistake. Wow.

Coming from someone who's suffered from mild depression, seeking help isn't as easy as it seems.

She changed schools and cities, what, 4 times?

Sure, she flashed someone. She was looking for attention. She was what, 12 when it happened? How stupid of her.

Really. Reaaaaaaaaally dumb comments.

For the people claiming that she's partially to blame for her mistake. Wow.

Coming from someone who's suffered from mild depression, seeking help isn't as easy as it seems.

She changed schools and cities, what, 4 times?

Sure, she flashed someone. She was looking for attention. She was what, 12 when it happened? How stupid of her.

Really. Reaaaaaaaaally dumb comments.

this just shows that trying to ignore bullies doesn't work, i know people try to tell kids to just ignore bullies but sorry that's not a solution. this girl changed school multiple times and tried to put it behind her but the problem kept following her, the way this idiotic generation of kids is you pretty much have to beat the person who's bullying you's face in to get them to stop.

Not everyone has parents who are willing to help unfortunately. Most troubled teens especially young ones turn to alcohol and drugs to deal with their garbage, again another unfortunate thing. Also many teens want to feel liked and want to have friends...I don't know why she kept ones like that on FB but high school is a big popularity contest and I imagine she just wanted to feel like she had friends and wasn't alone.

As someone who works with youth regularly, I see many instances of bullying, coercion, depression, and the like, and this story really hits home for me. I compare Amanda with the kids that I counsel, and it breaks my heart to imagine any of them going through things like this. It makes me want to be a better mentor, and to take my job even more seriously.

My prayers go out to Amanda's family, and to all the young people going through bullying and depression.

Such a waste of a young life....as all young life cut short is.

If this teaches anyone something, it's that cyber-bullying/stalking/threatening/blackmailing is real and it has real consequences.

If you have younger brothers or sisters or friends, maybe just ask them if they're ok or if they've ever had any problems on the net, and if they have or ever do, they can come to you, at least.....i dunno, just a suggestion, with respects to wishing Amanda had someone who she could turn to who took her seriously enough to help.

Poor thing.....she deserved better.

Archived