The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Amanda Todd

Kass9

So she should be able to have sex with any girls boyfriends she wants with no repercussions? Got it. Way to absolve her from any responsibility for her actions. The media has done a wonderful job of painting her into being the perfect little victim who did absolutely nothing wrong.

I'm sure if she was still alive people would have a different opinion about the incident of her sleeping with another girls boyfriend.

Seems unlikely, but I hope this does happen. The disrespect and indecency coming from some people is disgusting yet not surprising:

RCMP & Amanda Todd family plea for ppl to stop posting hateful messages to RIP social media pages. Posters could face charges/legal action.

Seems unlikely, but I hope this does happen. The disrespect and indecency coming from some people is disgusting yet not surprising:

RCMP & Amanda Todd family plea for ppl to stop posting hateful messages to RIP social media pages. Posters could face charges/legal action.

Should add that I haven't had time to read them all, but I see that there are some really heartfelt posts here...when time allows, I plan on replying to a few.

I've mostly directed my thoughts towards girls who are bullied, but boys have their own issues to contend with. Boys are often taught to "suck it up" and "be a man", meaning they try to deal with bullying on their own, without sharing it with anyone. It's just as tough for a boy to make it through adolescence as it is for girls - moreso at times. My own son was the youngest in a split 5, 6, 7 class (Yep, about 50 kids and one teacher in a double deep classroom with little-no supervision) - the bullying in that class room was out of control. I didn't even know until my daughter told me...but it was making my son physically sick and avoiding school. So it's just as significant for boys.

This comment really bugged me:

So she should be able to have sex with any girls boyfriends she wants with no repercussions? Got it. Way to absolve her from any responsibility for her actions. The media has done a wonderful job of painting her into being the perfect little victim who did absolutely nothing wrong.

I'm sure if she was still alive people would have a different opinion about the incident of her sleeping with another girls boyfriend.

Last time I checked, ownership of another person isn't allowed and "another girl's boyfriend" isn't property. He has a brain. He was part of that decision. And who is judge/jury here, handing down the sentences? These are young kids and, honestly, none of them are likely mature enough to handle the issues surrounding sex - which is evidently clear in the events that played out.

But it isn't right to suggest that someone deserves to be beat, bullied, etc. for any decision they make. Those just aren't the answers.

Wow. The torment this girl is getting even after her suicide is BEYOND DISGUSTING.

Some of the things these pricks are saying makes me want to vomit.

"She flashed, felt repercussions, her own fault."

SHE WAS ???? 12. Why the hell was she allowed on a webcam by herself? She was a kid who made a stupid decision. She was probably going through her life everyday thinking it was her fault too. ***holes

"She took the easy way out. No remorse from me. That's what's wrong with society today. Life's hard, deal with it."

You guys on the internet are such tough badasses for saying this. No doubt you're all god damned John Waynes and Clint Eastwoods who grew up in the wild west not giving a crap about anything. Nobody ever helped you when you made a mistake. Everyone's too soft now-a-days, amiright?

The most disgusting comments are the ones that talk about natural selection. One person said it, fine. He's an ***hole. But there are way to many people saying this. Do they think they're funny? I guarantee these people are just greasy pimply internet nerds and probably know nothing about Darwin. Just a couple more of those badasses who think they can make jokes like that because one of their facebooks likes has the word science in it (even though it's just a bunch of pictures of nebulas and stuff blowing up).

Vomit. frack you society.

Wow. The torment this girl is getting even after her suicide is BEYOND DISGUSTING.

Some of the things these pricks are saying makes me want to vomit.

"She flashed, felt repercussions, her own fault."

SHE WAS ???? 12. Why the hell was she allowed on a webcam by herself? She was a kid who made a stupid decision. She was probably going through her life everyday thinking it was her fault too. ***holes

"She took the easy way out. No remorse from me. That's what's wrong with society today. Life's hard, deal with it."

You guys on the internet are such tough badasses for saying this. No doubt you're all god damned John Waynes and Clint Eastwoods who grew up in the wild west not giving a crap about anything. Nobody ever helped you when you made a mistake. Everyone's too soft now-a-days, amiright?

The most disgusting comments are the ones that talk about natural selection. One person said it, fine. He's an ***hole. But there are way to many people saying this. Do they think they're funny? I guarantee these people are just greasy pimply internet nerds and probably know nothing about Darwin. Just a couple more of those badasses who think they can make jokes like that because one of their facebooks likes has the word science in it (even though it's just a bunch of pictures of nebulas and stuff blowing up).

Vomit. frack you society.

This happened in England when that soccer player Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the field. Some idiot on twitter kept laughing, making offensive remarks about it and Muamba's race and eventually was jailed for 56 days. That's the problem with free speech. Any dick can say whatever he pleases with the sole intent of pissing the masses off.

Wow man, I'm so sorry. As I've been saying in the bus driver thread, kids seem a lot more out of control these days than when I was a kid. Yup, I was bullied but it was never anything even remotely close to this. And then they called assault on you? Just unbelievable. I really hope you guys get through this ok.

Thanks,

you are right... kids are way more out of control, and the biggest problem with that is people die.

My son has seen some of the disgusting things some of those little turds are creating now that Amanda is gone.

You've heard of planking?

Now these little crape's are making pictures of people hanging themselves and calling it Todding..

I have told him to stay off the computer for awhile.

I am truly sick to my stomach right now.

Thanks,

you are right... kids are way more out of control, and the biggest problem with that is people die.

My son has seen some of the disgusting things some of those little turds are creating now that Amanda is gone.

You've heard of planking?

Now these little crape's are making pictures of people hanging themselves and calling it Todding..

I have told him to stay off the computer for awhile.

I am truly sick to my stomach right now.

I have a 7 year old daughter and stories like yours and Amandas scare the s*** out of me. Especially considering my little girl is rather sensitive. I try to help thicken her skin but it's tough when shes such a sweetheart by nature. I fear this world is going to devour her. All I can do is be like you....and be by her side through it all. At whatever the cost. You are an inspiration to those of us who arn't quite there yet. Really wish I could have heard your radio hits(I listen to 1040 and 1410 a lot more than CKNW).

Archived