The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bus Driver Uppercuts Young Woman.

VoiceOfReason_

when i was 5 years old my mother told me to do something , i calmly told her i could not do what she told me , because that would give her power over me .

then she reasoned with me and ASKED me , that was when i complied .

several years later , i was beaten by a nun , sister cyril , after this i made her life as hard as possible for the next 4 years , and the more she beat me , the more trouble i gave her .

controlling some one through fear is wrong , and will backfire on you one way or another

Perhaps Sharphooter is inviting unto himself the equivalent behaviour that he has historically and presently continued to treat others with?

But I do agree, it is better to take the high road (like I exemplified a recent time ago upon being called a 'goof' here by Sharpshooter). Maybe that was because I was spanked as a child?

I am saddened to hear about your treatment by that nun and I think I now better understand your perspective on this. This is not what is being advocated and you ought to be able to discern between the two vastly disparate and incomparable concepts.

But if at five years old you are telling your mother that you refuse to comply with her because she has no power/authority over you then this strikes me as a spoiled child with a severely unrealistic sense of entitlement.

most of the time you do stay reasonable and civil , but are you seriously linking your ability to do this with being slapped ?

And if so i believe this is the sign of a weak will , the more i got beaten , by nuns and priests , the more determined i became that i would win the battle of wills we were engaged in .

How about if he called your parents out, would you take it kindly.

I don't really care anymore, I'm Sikh and in my culture kids get beat. It works and it has worked for years and years. You guys can spew whatever garbage you want about how it's abusuve and all that good stuff, but I just don't give a ratsa** anymore.

So, according to your own words, your culture beats their children, but we're the ones painting it as abusive??

The only thing that seems to have 'worked' is that you carry on an abusive parenting style for "years and years".

The weird thing is, that you almost seem proud of it in someway. Like "I'm Sikh, we beat our kids". Yay?

By the way, i'm going to bet that you're not actually a 'Sikh'. I doubt you've been baptized. I doubt your parents are either, and if they were then they certainly aren't following their religion's fundamental tenet.

Not only are they guilty of poor parenting, they're guilty of being poor 'Sikhs'. They may need a refresher in how to be better in both. I'm sure there are classes available at their local temple. Though, i doubt you or they will decide to educate yourselves. You all apparently think beating kids is normal. The apple doesn't seem to fall too far from the tree me thinks. Sad.

What are you trying to get at?

I am a Sikh. I eat meat and I get a haircut. Does that make me a less of a Sikh? The answer is no.

You are really starting to cross a line here. For a guy who doesn't seem to believe in religion you sure do talk about it a lot.

Also because you googled Sikh, doesn't mean you know anything. Most Sikhs are not baptized, but we are still Sikh. Your opinion on whether or not I am a good or bad Sikh does not matter because who the hell are you to judge me.

Also where do you come from to call out my parents, I can say something about your family which would piss you off how would you feel about that.

Actually, the answer is yes.

It does make you less of a 'Sikh'.

Sikh mean 'disciple'. By cutting your hair and eating meat and in the case of your parents beating you with a shoe and/or a wooden spoon, you're not following the tenets or the disciplines of the Sikh faith as put forth by the 10th guru, when he established the Khalsa, aka 'The Path;, nor are you adhering to what's contained in the religion's holy book, Granth Sahib.

No 'walkers of the path' are you or your folks. Hate to be the one to break it to you, but it is what it is.

Archived