The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bus Driver Uppercuts Young Woman.

VoiceOfReason_

Nah, I won't follow you in your off topic discussion of spanking, trollbait, but I will discuss the incident here.. I'd love to see you here as the bus driver. You'd what, sit there and cry as she hit you, grabbed your throat, and knocked your communication device out of your hand when trying to use it? You believe bus driver should be a violent and unruly lady's piñata? That sure would make for some entertainment. :lol:

I've been in professional situations where I could have easily laid someone out on the floor, and didn't. I was trained not to, and I followed my training. In other instances, when there was a need for a physical escalation, I was obligated to use force, which I did. I didn't cry when I couldn't, I remained professional.....just as this bus driver should have. There were many 'outs' for him, and he didn't avail himself of any of them. Think more, laugh less.

Aside of leaving the bus, which he shouldn't do, and would have to go through the woman anyways, there were no further de-escalation (resolution was obviously out the window) tactics to use on someone who quickly moved to physical force, so physical force was entirely necessary. You may not have liked his insensitivity or what you call "professionalism" when he opened his mouth to her, but at that point it's irrelevant. She didn't pay the fare, she refused to remove herself from the bus, she physically hit the driver, denied him access to communication with supervisors/authorities, she (and it wouldn't matter if it was a she or he) had it coming, and I hope it hurt a lot.

I don't agree with your opinion assertion. He absolutely should have stopped the bus, instead of endangering the passengers while being distracted in a verbal engagement. He should of then radioed his dispatch and explain the situation, or left the bus to call in to his dispatch in order to let them know he was assaulted.

That would have been the professional way to handle and remedy this situation, without the escalation of violence.

Archived