The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bus Driver Uppercuts Young Woman.

VoiceOfReason_

I said right in my post that I wasn't advocating that kind of violence...yup the bus driver should be fired. He could have killed her. All I have been saying(with the use of hyperbole) is, "I believe" there is a serious discipline issue with a lot of kids growing up today...there is an ever expanding number of out-of-control kids these days(look no further than Amanda Todd). But like I have also already said, I don't know the answers, that is just my opinion.

I guess it all comes down to the individuals definition of physical abuse. I certainly don't feel like I was abused because I was spanked as a child...and I always thought twice before doing something "bad."

Couldn't agree more with your involvement statement, though. Good call.

Yup. If you, as an adult started walking around with a wooden object and hitting people you could be charged with assault and rightly so. Now that doesn't mean you were "severely" abused (that's dependent on a lot of other factors) but you certainly were abused if you were struck with a wooden spoon.

He didn't really connect all that well. It looked like more of a glancing blow to the side of the head.

A proper upper-cut, connecting underneath the chin, would have broken her jaw or knocked her out at least. She's lucky that he had poor aim on that one.

Archived