Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Bus Driver Uppercuts Young Woman.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
345 replies to this topic

#121 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Am I the only one who gets the impression that the driver has had trouble with her in the past?

#122 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Shame it wasn't a white driver hitting a black girl.
That's the kind of drama people need to get their minds off of gas prices.

Oh, if only :lol:

Anyways, that's one hilarious way to start my day. She obviously didn't think she was going to get hit back, you could see that thing from a mile away.

I get the whole equal rights thing, but hitting a girl has always seemed wrong to me. Here? She had it coming. Maybe a little excessive, but damn did she take that like a champ. Looked like an out-cold-knockout for sure. Y'all are saying he should be in boxing...put her in boxing! Chin of steel right there, and with some training I bet she'll channel that temper for some good 1-2s.

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 13 October 2012 - 09:25 AM.

dontforgettolentil.png

#123 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm surprised that there are some really intelligent folks in this thread advocating for physically assaulting their children as a means for discipline. The obliviousness to perpetuating the notion that you should use physical violence to solve your problems, especially with young children is remarkable. Is it safe to assume you people hit your pets as well?

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#124 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,372 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

they took the video down :(

21m9lso.jpg

#125 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,372 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Just watched it on worldstarhiphop..hahahahahahahahha..."you goin to jaaaaaill now.." BOOM, uppercut

21m9lso.jpg

#126 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm surprised that there are some really intelligent folks in this thread advocating for physically assaulting their children as a means for discipline. The obliviousness to perpetuating the notion that you should use physical violence to solve your problems, especially with young children is remarkable. Is it safe to assume you people hit your pets as well?

I was wondering when you were going to chime in. Yes, you make a safe assumption as having pets is so similair to raising children. :rolleyes: If you believe that spanking a child is a physical assault, than that's your opinion. From what I've read, physical assault has taken place when someone has been physically harmed or threatened to be harmed. At no point, in my experiences being spanked as a child, was I ever physically harmed. More embarassing than anything....and a dam good deterent to bad behavior.
Posted Image

#127 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'm not against smacking, but you should never strike a child in the face or head. A few smacks on the backside is enough to discipline a child and teach them not to disrespect their parents again without doing any real physical harm. That worked with me.

I agree with you. By saying a slap to the face, it was more a saying than a literal meaning. Hitting a kid on the backside always works, and it doesn't do much harm at all.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#128 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,477 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

I don't know about all you guys who are saying she deserves it and are laughing at this.

My jaw literally dropped when he punched her. That was excessive force and he should lose his job. I can't believe he hit her that hard. Ppl get into arguments all the time. You just can't go around giving uppercuts to every girl who yells or screams at you.

Nah. Bus driver did a great job.

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#129 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

I was wondering when you were going to chime in. Yes, you make a safe assumption as having pets is so similair to raising children. :rolleyes: If you believe that spanking a child is a physical assault, than that's your opinion. From what I've read, physical assault has taken place when someone has been physically harmed or threatened to be harmed. At no point, in my experiences being spanked as a child, was I ever physically harmed. More embarassing than anything....and a dam good deterent to bad behavior.

Oh, I plan on doing a little more than 'chiming' my dear fellow.

It's not my personal belief that spanking a child is physical assault. Spanking a child where the child is humiliated or 'embarrassed' is illegal. Hitting a child out of frustration or anger is illegal. Spanking a child with a wooden spoon or a shoe, is illegal, and is an offence that should be reported, so that the parents can have a little corrective intervention of their own, because they're too stupid to understand that what they're in fact doing is abusing their children.

That's not just my opinion.

That's the law of the land. If you want to take your frustrations out on something physically, buy a punching bag, don't hit your kids, cause that's assault.

Numerous studies have shown that real physical, emotional and psychological harm is done to children who are physically struck by
their parent.

And the 'UN Committee on the Rights of a Child' issued this Comment:

The Committee’s General Comment on Corporal Punishment

At its 42nd session, held in Geneva from15 May to 2 June 2006, the Committee on the Rights of the Child adopted a new General Comment on the issue of corporal punishment. This is the first General Comment concerning the protection of children from all forms of violence which the Committee resolved to publish following its Days of General Discussion on violence against children in 2000 and 2001. It reflects the Committee’s commitment to address the problem of corporal punishment, which dates back to the early days of monitoring the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and which has consistently informed the Committee’s recommendations to States parties over the years.

General Comment No.8 (2006) on “The right to protection from corporal punishment and other cruel or degrading forms of punishment (arts. 19; 28, para. 2; and 37, inter alia)” aims “to highlight the obligation of all States parties to move quickly to prohibit and eliminate all corporal punishment and all other cruel or degrading forms of punishment of children and to outline the legislative and other awareness-raising and educational measures that States must take” (para 2). As well as being an obligation of States parties under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, addressing and eliminating corporal punishment of children is “a key strategy for reducing and preventing all forms of violence in societies” (para 3).

Definitions

The Committee defines corporal punishment in paragraph 11 of the General Comment:

“The Committee defines ‘corporal’ or ‘physical’ punishment as any punishment in which physical force is used and intended to cause some degree of pain or discomfort, however light. Most involves hitting (‘smacking’, ‘slapping’, ‘spanking’) children, with the hand or with an implement – whip, stick, belt, shoe, wooden spoon, etc. But it can also involve, for example, kicking, shaking or throwing children, scratching, pinching, burning, scalding or forced ingestion (for example, washing children’s mouths out with soap or forcing them to swallow hot spices). In the view of the Committee, corporal punishment is invariably degrading. In addition, there are other non-physical forms of punishment which are also cruel and degrading and thus incompatible with the Convention. These include, for example, punishment which belittles, humiliates, denigrates, scapegoats, threatens, scares or ridicules the child.”

Children are subjected to such punishment in all settings and must be addressed and eliminated in all settings, including within the home and family.

The Committee distinguishes between violence and humiliation as forms of punishment, which it rejects, and discipline of children in the form of “necessary guidance and direction”, which is essential for healthy growth of children. The Committee also differentiates between punitive physical actions against children and physical interventions aimed at protecting children from harm.

Human rights standards

The foundations of the human rights obligation to prohibit and eliminate all corporal punishment and all other degrading forms of punishment lie in the rights of every person to respect for his/her dignity and physical integrity and to equal protection under the law. The Committee traces this back to the original International Bill of Human Rights – “The dignity of each and every individual is the fundamental guiding principle of international human rights law” (para 16) – and shows how the Convention on the Rights of the Child builds on these principles. Quoting article 19 of the Convention, which requires States to protect children “from all forms of physical or mental violence”, the Committee states (para 18):

“... There is no ambiguity: ‘all forms of physical or mental violence’ does not leave room for any level of legalized violence against children. Corporal punishment and other cruel or degrading forms of punishment are forms of violence and the State must take all appropriate legislative, administrative, social and educational measures to eliminate them.”

The fact that article 19 and article 28 – on school discipline – do not specifically refer to corporal punishment does not in any way undermine the obligation to prohibit and eliminate it (paras 20, 21 and 22):

“... the Convention, like all human rights instruments, must be regarded as a living instrument, whose interpretation develops over time. In the 17 years since the Convention was adopted, the prevalence of corporal punishment of children in their homes, schools and other institutions has become more visible, through the reporting process under the Convention and through research and advocacy by, among others, national human rights institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).

“Once visible, it is clear that the practice directly conflicts with the equal and inalienable rights of children to respect for their human dignity and physical integrity. The distinct nature of children, their initial dependent and developmental state, their unique human potential as well as their vulnerability, all demand the need for more, rather than less, legal and other protection from all forms of violence.

“The Committee emphasizes that eliminating violent and humiliating punishment of children, through law reform and other necessary measures, is n immediate and unqualified obligation of States parties....”

The Committee goes on to note that this approach is mirrored in the work of other international human rights treaty monitoring bodies and of regional human rights mechanisms, including the European Court of Human Rights, the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, and the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

Common arguments by governments against prohibition of all corporal punishment are also addressed by the Committee. For example, in response to the contention that a certain degree of “reasonable” or “moderate” corporal punishment is in the “best interests” of the child, the Committee states that “interpretation of a child’s best interests must be consistent with the whole Convention, including the obligation to protect children from all forms of violence and the requirement to give due weight to the child’s views; it cannot be used to justify practices, including corporal punishment and other forms of cruel or degrading punishment, which conflict with the child’s human dignity and right to physical integrity” (para 26). And there is no conflict between realising children’s rights and the importance of the family unit, which the Convention fully upholds.

The Committee recognises that some justify the use of corporal punishment through religious faith teachings and texts but again notes that “practice of a religion or belief must be consistent with respect for others’ human dignity and physical integrity” and that “[f]reedom to practice one’s religion or belief may be legitimately limited in order to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of others” (para 29).

http://www.endcorpor...rc_session.html
http://www2.ohchr.or....C.GC.13_en.pdf

It's barbaric and absolutely uncivilized to hit your child, and cowardly to then use placeholder words like 'discipline' and 'spanking'. Call it what it is. It's hitting. And it's unwanted by the child, which makes it unwanted hitting, which in other words is physical assault. I don't know why you just don't call it what it is.

It's obvious parents are ill-equipped to be parents if hitting their children is what they resort to if they aren't able to correct unwanted behaviour by other means. Perhaps they need a little more education about parenting. And trust me, those who say "they're fine" and "turned out well" didn't, if they're also hitting their kids now too. It's called perpetuating a cycle of violence, and the same cycle is learned behaviour, for things like spousal abuse, or other abuse that kids learn from their parents actions. You really want to teach your kids that it's ok to correct children by hitting them? Get a clue along with some early childhood development education.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#130 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

^ That's a boat load of crap. If someone was to give their child 3 quick spanks than they should be allowed too. Making it illegal is just absurd how else are you supposed to punish a kid, send them to a corner (like that works).

The only reason someone would copy their parents actions in spanking is because it actually works. How would they know because they were the ones who received it.

Kids nowadays are out of control and no one spanks their child anymore because it is "so wrong". This now leads to out of control children thinking they are the bosses of their parents and doing whatever they want.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#131 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

That's awesome Sharpie, thanks for the lesson. All that intelligence we have gathered is doing amazing things with kids these days. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#132 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

^ That's a boat load of crap. If someone was to give their child 3 quick spanks than they should be allowed too. Making it illegal is just absurd how else are you supposed to punish a kid, send them to a corner (like that works).

The only reason someone would copy their parents actions in spanking is because it actually works. How would they know because they were the ones who received it.

Kids nowadays are out of control and no one spanks their child anymore because it is "so wrong". This now leads to out of control children thinking they are the bosses of their parents and doing whatever they want.

I expect it to be a boatload of crap to someone ignorant of the facts. And the highlighted portion of your post virtually highlights the lack of education that some people have about dealing with children.

I strikes me, excuse the pun, that you'd also physically hit your children too....since you were hit yourself by a parent who didn't know any other way of correcting your behaviour.

Do you not see the pattern of learned behaviour even in your own life? Do you not see how you're simply perpetuating a cycle of violence?

There are numerous countries around the world that have outright banned corporal punishment. Do you think their kids are now out of control and running amok?

Even the Congolese have come around.

Republic of Congo prohibits all corporal punishment of children

Article 53 of the Law on the Protection of the Child (2010) states that corporal punishment may not be used to discipline or correct a child (“Il est interdit de recourir aux châtiments corporels pour discipliner ou corriger l’enfant.”) This explicitly prohibits all corporal punishment of children in all settings, including the home. Article 107 states that persons who inflict cruel inhuman or degrading punishment on children are liable to the penalties in the penal code. Article 130 states that international conventions ratified by the Republic of Congo on the rights of the child are an integral part of this law; article 131 repeals all previous laws in conflict with the new law.

That "brings the number of African states fully prohibiting corporal punishment of children to five and the total number worldwide to 32."

Man, all those Swedish, New Zealand, and Danish kids are totally out of control now that they've banned parents from hitting their kids. We should totally watch out for these lawless and uncivilized States.

#133 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

That's awesome Sharpie, thanks for the lesson. All that intelligence we have gathered is doing amazing things with kids these days. :rolleyes:

By all means Pimp, don't learn anything, keep rolling your eyes when someone is genuinely trying to teach you something, and you go on continuing to think that raising your hands to little kids is ok.

You show those kids Mr. Tough Guy....that'll learn em.

#134 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

By all means Pimp, don't learn anything, keep rolling your eyes when someone is genuinely trying to teach you something, and you go on continuing to think that raising your hands to little kids is ok.

You show those kids Mr. Tough Guy....that'll learn em.

Shockingly, you're not teaching me anything I haven't heard or read before. My point is, it's not working. Teenagers ARE out of control(have you not noticed this?) and in some cases causing their peers to commit suicide. As I have said multiple times in this thread, I don't know the answers but it seems to me that kids hide behind this wall of invicibility and it's causing a lot more damage to this world than spanking ever did.

But hey, you just keep on regurgitating all the step by step instructions on how to raise a perfect child. ;)
Posted Image

#135 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I expect it to be a boatload of crap to someone ignorant of the facts. And the highlighted portion of your post virtually highlights the lack of education that some people have about dealing with children.

I strikes me, excuse the pun, that you'd also physically hit your children too....since you were hit yourself by a parent who didn't know any other way of correcting your behaviour.

Do you not see the pattern of learned behaviour even in your own life? Do you not see how you're simply perpetuating a cycle of violence?

There are numerous countries around the world that have outright banned corporal punishment. Do you think their kids are now out of control and running amok?

Even the Congolese have come around.

That "brings the number of African states fully prohibiting corporal punishment of children to five and the total number worldwide to 32."

Man, all those Swedish, New Zealand, and Danish kids are totally out of control now that they've banned parents from hitting their kids. We should totally watch out for these lawless and uncivilized States.

Your comparing North America with Africa, Sweden, New Zealand, and some Dutch countries?

Kids here are completely out of control. In Africa the kids have already gone through enough that they don't deserve to be hit or anything if the sort. In Sweden and New Zealand, maybe they aren't having issues with their youth. Same with Dutch countries. I don't know about those places because I don't live there.

What I can tell you is that in North America, kids and especially teens have started to get way out of control. I have seen so many little kids and teens behave like spoiled brats who think they can do whatever they want. If these kids were given a spanking here or there maybe they wouldn't be such a**es.

A mini whooping isn't always bad you know. I once asked my parent if we could go to Disneyland and at that time they were really frustrated. So I received a spanking with my shoe (I had also broken things in the house the night before), but you want to know what the end result was...

I went to Disneyland for a week after my birthday, every single time I was spanked something good came out of it. Had I realized this at that time, I would have asked for spanking because a spanking always lead to something positive later on at some point.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 13 October 2012 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#136 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

wait, you were spanked for asking to go to disneyland?

wtf is wrong with your parents?
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#137 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

In the end, I went to Disneyland. Also maybe because I had broken a couple things the night before maybe didn't help my case.

I added that part into my op. I was thinking it, but thought I had already typed it.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 13 October 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#138 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I was only ever spanked when I was out of control and wouldn't listen to anything else. And even then, it was one or two "spanks" (for some reason that word sounds really weird haha) and that was that. I'd apologise and know not to be a brat again. I was never left with any physical marks or bruising. Just a mild slap on the ass. No shoes, no belts. Not enough to really hurt me but enough to know not to do it again.

I would never force those parenting styles on someone else. It's up to themselves to determine how they raise their children. Hell, I don't know if I'd smack my own children if/when I have them. I just don't think the type of discipline that I received did any harm in the slightest. I certainly don't think my dad was a bad parent.

Just out of interest Sharp, do you have any kids yourself? And I don't mean that as a smartass response, I'm just curious.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 13 October 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#139 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Shockingly, you're not teaching me anything I haven't heard or read before. My point is, it's not working. Teenagers ARE out of control(have you not noticed this?) and in some cases causing their peers to commit suicide. As I have said multiple times in this thread, I don't know the answers but it seems to me that kids hide behind this wall of invicibility and it's causing a lot more damage to this world than spanking ever did.

But hey, you just keep on regurgitating all the step by step instructions on how to raise a perfect child. ;)

What's shocking is that you've read the entire UN Commision's Comment prior to this thread. I'm gonna call b.s. on that, mostly because we both know that to be true.

And please don't tell me how kids are out of control today. They were 'out of control' when you were a kid and when your parents were kids. It's called the 'Good Ol' Days' Fallacy. It's a term used in Criminology for fallaciously thinking that crime or youth are worse today than they were in previous times.

Kids are not out of control. That's just your perception. Teenagers committed suicide before nowadays as well as a result of bullying or unrequited love or other things. It's not a new phenomenon. There's a new medium yes, but it's not a new thing. This is just another example of you falsely connecting things and arriving at a false conclusion.

And if you think about for two seconds, you'll see that the cycle of violence that is carried forth by children who are hit by their parents also carry that behaviour onward through bullying younger and weaker peers or siblings. There's a correlation there, and studies have shown it. Try thinking about that connection.

#140 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I was only ever spanked when I was out of control and wouldn't listen to anything else. And even then, it was one or two "spanks" (for some reason that word sounds really weird haha) and that was that. I'd apologise and know not to be a brat again. I was never left with any physical marks or bruising. Just a mild slap on the ass. No shoes, no belts. Not enough to really hurt me but enough to know not to do it again.

I would never force those parenting styles on someone else. It's up to themselves to determine how they raise their children. Hell, I don't know if I'd smack my own children if/when I have them. I just don't think the type of discipline that I received did any harm in the slightest. I certainly don't think my dad was a bad parent.

Just out of interest Sharp, do you have any kids yourself? And I don't mean that as a smartass response, I'm just curious.

That's a slippery slope, and you know it SC.

There's no hard and fast rule that says you will hit your kids....but the chances are greater since you were exposed to corporal punishment yourself. Just as the likelihood that a child will become an alcoholic if a parent or parents are, or that a child will abuse his spouse after being exposed to that behaviour as well.

I've raised my nieces and a nephew before losing him to cancer a few years back. Our family shares child rearing between siblings and even cousins. All adults, including myself, raise all the kids like a small community. No one hits their kids. We spend hours teaching and providing outlets for their energy and their curiosities. They in turn don't have frustrated temper tantrums, nor do they act out, nor do they cause us the type of frustrations that would lead us to ever want to strike them. We all grew up with being hit as kids, and it's something that we've talked about not perpetuating ourselves as a reaction to our experiences.

When/If I ever have kids of my own, the pattern of child rearing will continue as it's being done so now. Because hitting, threatening, and intimidating children is not in our playbook and not what we consider moral behaviour or 'good' parenting.

You may differ.

#141 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

That's a slippery slope, and you know it SC.

There's no hard and fast rule that says you will hit your kids....but the chances are greater since you were exposed to corporal punishment yourself. Just as the likelihood that a child will become an alcoholic if a parent or parents are, or that a child will abuse his spouse after being exposed to that behaviour as well.

I've raised my nieces and a nephew before losing him to cancer a few years back. Our family shares child rearing between siblings and even cousins. All adults, including myself, raise all the kids like a small community. No one hits their kids. We spend hours teaching and providing outlets for their energy and their curiosities. They in turn don't have frustrated temper tantrums, nor do they act out, nor do they cause us the type of frustrations that would lead us to ever want to strike them. We all grew up with being hit as kids, and it's something that we've talked about not perpetuating ourselves as a reaction to our experiences.

When/If I ever have kids of my own, the pattern of child rearing will continue as it's being done so now. Because hitting, threatening, and intimidating children is not in our playbook and not what we consider moral behaviour or 'good' parenting.

You may differ.

Yeah, I could've worded that a lot better. I'm not saying that I condone parents disciplining their kids in any way that they so choose. Excessive force isn't acceptable, but I don't believe the methods used on me were excessive or did me (or my siblings) any harm. That's not to say that I'll smack my own kids.

Thanks for the response. And I'm sorry to hear about your nephew.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 13 October 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#142 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

HAHAHAHAHA
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#143 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yeah, I could've worded that a lot better. I'm not saying that I condone parents disciplining their kids in any way that they so choose. Excessive force isn't acceptable, but I don't believe the methods used on me were excessive or did me (or my siblings) any harm. That's not to say that I'll smack my own kids.

Thanks for the response. And I'm sorry to hear about your nephew.

I feel the exact same way. And yes, sorry to hear about your nephew, Sharp.
Posted Image

#144 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

"GO TO YOUR ROOM!!" LOL In other cultures, that means having fun and doing whatever you want in your room like playing video games and watching TV. I actually never understood how that was a form of punishment or deterrent to a bad behavior.

Russell Peters knows whats up.

Edited by Pouria, 13 October 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

#145 CanucksHD

CanucksHD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

That was a Mortal Kombat caliber uppercut right there.

#146 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Maybe it will teach her a little respect. Sometimes the only way to teach someone respect is to do so physically. You're not the god damn alpha male, or female in this instance, so stop acting like it. Show a little decency and respect, something your parents obviously failed to do.
Posted Image

#147 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Maybe it will teach her a little respect. Sometimes the only way to teach someone respect is to do so physically. You're not the god damn alpha male, or female in this instance, so stop acting like it. Show a little decency and respect, something your parents obviously failed to do.

Maybe next time, she will be too scared to open her big mouth. The bus driver will definitely get charged with assault but the girl also learned her lesson the hard way. Now she won't be too confident to bad mouth anybody she sees in public.

Edited by Pouria, 13 October 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Posted Image

#148 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

I hope the bus driver doesn't lose his job but you're delusional if you think she's going to learn any "respect" from being assaulted. She's already appeared on several television outlets playing the victim card. Furthermore if you watch the video again after the uppercut occurs she says something along the lines of "My Ni**ger going to bash your brains out". I'm ashamed that she is even a member of the human species.

Edited by hockeyfan87, 13 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#149 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image

#150 VoiceOfReason_

VoiceOfReason_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

I guess some of us don't view spankings as physical assault.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.