The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bus Driver Uppercuts Young Woman.

VoiceOfReason_

Yes, please give me some examples of effective ways to discipline kids of the new millenium....because whatever they are(time outs, sit downs, talks, pfft), they ain't freaking working. A lot of kids pretty much do and say whatever they want these days without much mind as to who is around them. I shake my head at the mouths on some of these 10 year olds.

Yes, please give me some examples of effective ways to discipline kids of the new millenium....because whatever they are(time outs, sit downs, talks, pfft), they ain't freaking working. A lot of kids pretty much do and say whatever they want these days without much mind as to who is around them. I shake my head at the mouths on some of these 10 year olds.

Completely agree, if I ever did something really bad I would get a whooping from either my mom or my dad. My cousin on the other hand would get a time out and be sent into his room.

All I have to say is that he is kind of a d**k and curses his parents when they aren't around.

All I know is that I have never done anything really bad after those beatings. I mean a couple of years ago, I back talked at my mom and my dad gave me a nice whooping and ever since then I have not back talked.

Gotta say physical discipline works!

Oh yeah sending a kid to a corner and telling them to think about what they did wrong works all the time.

I've seen little kids hit their parents and yell at them, isn't that disgusting.

A good slap to the face will get them in line. I've been beaten with a shoe before and even a wooden spoon. It works great, as long as your not trying to make the kid bleed or doing until there last breath.

I mean it was 3 smacks in a row with the shoe and spoon, doesn't do much damage just stings. It sends a strong message though.

A parent is financially in control of their child. In addition to positive reinforcement, taking away privileges such as video games, TV, or whatever it is they enjoy for misbehaviour would work for most kids. The problem is a lack of discipline or accountability, not that the kids aren't getting beaten into line by their parents.

Completely agree, if I ever did something really bad I would get a whooping from either my mom or my dad. My cousin on the other hand would get a time out and be sent into his room.

All I have to say is that he is kind of a d**k and curses his parents when they aren't around.

All I know is that I have never done anything really bad after those beatings. I mean a couple of years ago, I back talked at my mom and my dad gave me a nice whooping and ever since then I have not back talked.

Gotta say physical discipline works!

That's exactly what I have been trying to say. The most harm that ever came out of my spankings was a red bottom accompanied by a healthy dose of embarassment .....which is the whole point. It's nothing short of lunacy to think I was abused or beaten as a child, IMO.

My 4 year old nephew could sure use a little extra discipline. Yet his mom just laughs it off as her son pile drives grandmas poodle into the cement or when he beats the crap out of all his older cousins. I really worry how he's going to be in 10 years when he has been able to get away with pretty much everything his entire life. Oh they give him time outs and bed without dinner once in a while.....it's working wonders. :rolleyes:

A parent is financially in control of their child. In addition to positive reinforcement, taking away privileges such as video games, TV, or whatever it is they enjoy for misbehaviour would work for most kids. The problem is a lack of discipline or accountability, not that the kids aren't getting beaten into line by their parents.

Archived