The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bus Driver Uppercuts Young Woman.

VoiceOfReason_

I'm surprised that there are some really intelligent folks in this thread advocating for physically assaulting their children as a means for discipline. The obliviousness to perpetuating the notion that you should use physical violence to solve your problems, especially with young children is remarkable. Is it safe to assume you people hit your pets as well?

I'm surprised that there are some really intelligent folks in this thread advocating for physically assaulting their children as a means for discipline. The obliviousness to perpetuating the notion that you should use physical violence to solve your problems, especially with young children is remarkable. Is it safe to assume you people hit your pets as well?

I don't know about all you guys who are saying she deserves it and are laughing at this.

My jaw literally dropped when he punched her. That was excessive force and he should lose his job. I can't believe he hit her that hard. Ppl get into arguments all the time. You just can't go around giving uppercuts to every girl who yells or screams at you.

I was wondering when you were going to chime in. Yes, you make a safe assumption as having pets is so similair to raising children. :rolleyes: If you believe that spanking a child is a physical assault, than that's your opinion. From what I've read, physical assault has taken place when someone has been physically harmed or threatened to be harmed. At no point, in my experiences being spanked as a child, was I ever physically harmed. More embarassing than anything....and a dam good deterent to bad behavior.

^ That's a boat load of crap. If someone was to give their child 3 quick spanks than they should be allowed too. Making it illegal is just absurd how else are you supposed to punish a kid, send them to a corner (like that works).

The only reason someone would copy their parents actions in spanking is because it actually works. How would they know because they were the ones who received it.

Kids nowadays are out of control and no one spanks their child anymore because it is "so wrong". This now leads to out of control children thinking they are the bosses of their parents and doing whatever they want.

^ That's a boat load of crap. If someone was to give their child 3 quick spanks than they should be allowed too. Making it illegal is just absurd how else are you supposed to punish a kid, send them to a corner (like that works).

The only reason someone would copy their parents actions in spanking is because it actually works. How would they know because they were the ones who received it.

Kids nowadays are out of control and no one spanks their child anymore because it is "so wrong". This now leads to out of control children thinking they are the bosses of their parents and doing whatever they want.

I expect it to be a boatload of crap to someone ignorant of the facts. And the highlighted portion of your post virtually highlights the lack of education that some people have about dealing with children.

I strikes me, excuse the pun, that you'd also physically hit your children too....since you were hit yourself by a parent who didn't know any other way of correcting your behaviour.

Do you not see the pattern of learned behaviour even in your own life? Do you not see how you're simply perpetuating a cycle of violence?

There are numerous countries around the world that have outright banned corporal punishment. Do you think their kids are now out of control and running amok?

Even the Congolese have come around.

That "brings the number of African states fully prohibiting corporal punishment of children to five and the total number worldwide to 32."

Man, all those Swedish, New Zealand, and Danish kids are totally out of control now that they've banned parents from hitting their kids. We should totally watch out for these lawless and uncivilized States.

Shockingly, you're not teaching me anything I haven't heard or read before. My point is, it's not working. Teenagers ARE out of control(have you not noticed this?) and in some cases causing their peers to commit suicide. As I have said multiple times in this thread, I don't know the answers but it seems to me that kids hide behind this wall of invicibility and it's causing a lot more damage to this world than spanking ever did.

But hey, you just keep on regurgitating all the step by step instructions on how to raise a perfect child. ;)

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I was only ever spanked when I was out of control and wouldn't listen to anything else. And even then, it was one or two "spanks" (for some reason that word sounds really weird haha) and that was that. I'd apologise and know not to be a brat again. I was never left with any physical marks or bruising. Just a mild slap on the ass. No shoes, no belts. Not enough to really hurt me but enough to know not to do it again.

I would never force those parenting styles on someone else. It's up to themselves to determine how they raise their children. Hell, I don't know if I'd smack my own children if/when I have them. I just don't think the type of discipline that I received did any harm in the slightest. I certainly don't think my dad was a bad parent.

Just out of interest Sharp, do you have any kids yourself? And I don't mean that as a smartass response, I'm just curious.

Archived