#1 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Where are we standing with Booth?

Does he not have anything to prove this season?

I don't think I've read anything about him practicing with the team. I'm hearing a lot of our younger guys like Kassian needing to step up. True, but I think Booth is totally being overlooked.

He's more likely to make an impact than Kassian will in this coming season.

I think if he does start to play good and Kes returns, that will throw Booth off his game given their chemistry.

Any thoughts?

Commissioner of Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#2 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,674 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

POPULAR

He's been practicing his shot all summer long
Spoiler

Edited by avelanch, 12 October 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#3 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

It will throw off Booth and Keslers chemistry? What chemistry?

#4 captain_kirk1

captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

how do you know Kes' return will throw Booth off? What if he starts bad and Kes returns and then he plays good?

Could go either way.

I haven't heard much of Raymond, Ballard, Hansen, Tanev, Alberts, or anyone else in that mix...should we be concerned about them too?

These guys are professionals - they'll be prepared. Not all of them will stay in Vancouver to do what some guys are doing.

#5 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,311 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Samuelsson and Sturm for Booth is pretty decent asset management. However, Booth's salary is a bit high. The main problem with him is that he has had very little defensive impact while not scoring enough to make up for that.

There's also the matter of his concussion history. That may limit his overall effectiveness as an NHLer in the future. So let's hope technological advances in equipment eliminate concussions.

Assuming the season ever starts, it would be interesting to see who Booth lines up with when Kesler is out. AV will likely have to juggle lines forever unless Schroeder surprises.

Nobody is looking past him. If he doesn't light it up, he'll likely be our latest $4mil scapegoat.
Posted Image

#6 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

POPULAR

It seems many of the Canucks who came for the early September golf charity game have gone back to their home towns. From what I've gathered, Sedins, Malholtra, Bieksa, Elder, Kesler, Schneider, Garrison, Hamhuis, Higgins and Raymond are the only ones practising in Vancouver. So I don't believe Booth is practising with the team.

I like Booth as a player, and I think he was deserving of the most exciting player award this past season. He was hampered by injuries last year but showed flashes of brilliance. I'm thrilled with Booth regardless of cap hit; we got him for Sturm and Samuelsson, neither of which will suit up for Florida this season.

Those hunting pics are really disgusting. I really don't understand the sport or of how you're a bigger man for shooting a wild animal. Americans I guess.

Edited by Ossi Vaanenen, 12 October 2012 - 11:45 AM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

He has potential to be a brute force. But i think he lacks hockey sense. Assists will never be his strength.

#8 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

POPULAR

. Americans I guess.

Uh, yeah...because Canadians never hunt.

#9 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

POPULAR

It seems many of the Canucks who came for the early September golf charity game have gone back to their home towns. From what I've gathered, Sedins, Malholtra, Bieksa, Elder, Kesler, Schneider, Garrison, Hamhuis, Higgins and Raymond are the only ones practising in Vancouver. So I don't believe Booth is practising with the team.

I like Booth as a player, and I think he was deserving of the most exciting player award this past season. He was hampered by injuries last year but showed flashes of brilliance. I'm thrilled with Booth regardless of cap hit; we got him for Sturm and Samuelsson, neither of which will suit up for Florida this season.

Those hunting pics are really disgusting. I really don't understand the sport or of how you're a bigger man for shooting a wild animal. Americans I guess.

just because you don't understand it doesn't mean you have the right to bash it. I think beauty pagents are disgusting but I don't have to tell everyone evertime I see one on tv..you seem like one of those people.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#10 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

just because you don't understand it doesn't mean you have the right to bash it. I think beauty pagents are disgusting but I don't have to tell everyone evertime I see one on tv..you seem like one of those people.

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#11 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

I think he's overrated. Kesler doesn't need booth and booth doesn't need Kesler.

#12 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Interesting - I could not agree with your last paragraph more, but I also don't think I could disagree with your first paragraph any more.

#13 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,387 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

POPULAR

Booth is one of my favorite players I love the way he plays. When he is on he can be very dominate (as shown before his injury). Guys with his size, speed, and skill are almost impossible to find. If he can get into a groove he could be a 40G 80Pt player.

Unlike a lot of guys, when Booth was cold he was still noticeable on the ice, driving to the net and creating chances.

As for the hunting thing, as long as he freezes and eats the meat I have no problem with it. Hunting is more humane than growing animals for food.
Sig too big.

#14 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,674 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

POPULAR

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

he eats all the game he hunts, it's food you can't buy in stores/not commercially raised. just because you can afford to buy food instead of obtaining it from nature, it doesn't mean you HAVE to do it that way.

#15 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

POPULAR

you realize you have to have tags and licensing right? and not every hunter gets one. the amount of tags given per season is determined by the population. your not going to see white tail dear become extinct because of sport hunting. plus at least when hunting game has more of a fair chance to live other than your cattle chicken an pork whom are often beaten and mistreated before being lined up on a conveyor belt waiting to die... not a pretty sight. plus you being against hunting but not fishing is a joke. your a hypocrite my friend.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#16 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

POPULAR

he eats all the game he hunts, it's food you can't buy in stores/not commercially raised. just because you can afford to buy food instead of obtaining it from nature, it doesn't mean you HAVE to do it that way.

90% of the people complaining about Booth hunting probably eat meat anyway. Which honestly, I doubt Booth is just hunting for trophies. If he eats everything there isn't really an issue.

I assume you whiners who complain about him hunting and eating the meat have never seen how your own food is treated prior to being slaughtered, eh?

Edited by BananaMash, 12 October 2012 - 01:34 PM.

FWYIerW.png

#17 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Americans I guess.

Yay for ignorant statements

I grew up on moose meat
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#18 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,674 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

you realize you have to have tags and licensing right? and not every hunter gets one. the amount of tags given per season is determined by the population. your not going to see white tail dear become extinct because of sport hunting. plus at least when hunting game has more of a fair chance to live other than your cattle chicken an pork whom are often beaten and mistreated before being lined up on a conveyor belt waiting to die... not a pretty sight. plus you being against hunting but not fishing is a joke. your a hypocrite my friend.

seriously, it's nt like it's the wild west out there anymore, there's not going to be another "buffalo" situation arising due to sport hunting. it's heavily regulated.

#19 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,674 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

90% of the people complaining about Booth hunting probably eat meat anyway. Which honestly, I doubt Booth is just hunting for trophies. If he eats everything there isn't really an issue.

I assume you whiners who complain about him hunting and eating the meat have never seen how your own food is treated prior to being slaughter, eh?

yeah, he eats what he hunts:

David Booth@D_Booth7
@Thuisyeb: @D_Booth7 do you eat your hunts???” I've never ate an activity before. But I'll tell ya what wild game is the best food on earth

#20 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

yeah, he eats what he hunts:

Well then, it seems we have no problem. It's too bad he doesn't own a slaughterhouse, that's much less cruel. ;)

FWYIerW.png

#21 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

The wild meat booth is hunting/ eating is far superior in every way to what he could buy in the store. So much better for us, we are not meant to eat all that processed and steroid laden garbage...

And you do realize that a very small portion of the US population actually hunts right? And you also realize that probably just as much of a percentage of the Canadian population hunts as the Americans do correct? No, obviously you do not understand this.

#22 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,674 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

The wild meat booth is hunting/ eating is far superior in every way to what he could buy in the store. So much better for us, we are not meant to eat all that processed and steroid laden garbage...

And you do realize that a very small portion of the US population actually hunts right? And you also realize that probably just as much of a percentage of the Canadian population hunts as the Americans do correct? No, obviously you do not understand this.

it's actually a higher percentage in canada than it is in the us.

#23 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

thanks for the back cdc.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#24 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Nice!

In the bear shot, the guy on the right looks like Kris Draper? Funny; no Moose...

He's been practicing his shot all summer long

Spoiler

#25 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

From the "Early returns on Kassian" thread I quoted the ceiling on big Kass being a passing and fighting version of Booth.

But, CDC and Vancouver expectations are high. A 217 lb winger who can scream up the ice with world class speed, win puck battles, bang and has 30 goal potential is nothing to sneeze at! I'm happy to have him. Samuelsson could have walked away this year and we're still well stocked, it was a good trade!

It's ironic. Booth needs a guy exactly like Samuelsson on his line to be more successful. Somebody who is versatile and can pass when Booth breaks to the net,,, The line still needs a 3rd (passing) wheel.

Where are we standing with Booth?

Does he not have anything to prove this season?

I don't think I've read anything about him practicing with the team. I'm hearing a lot of our younger guys like Kassian needing to step up. True, but I think Booth is totally being overlooked.

He's more likely to make an impact than Kassian will in this coming season.

I think if he does start to play good and Kes returns, that will throw Booth off his game given their chemistry.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 12 October 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#26 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

it's actually a higher percentage in canada than it is in the us.

Not suprising at all. Cheers

#27 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

One of my fav players right now, think he's gonna tear it up when the season starts.

#28 Nuck-Shot

Nuck-Shot

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hunting is an art that will never die
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 bohonos76

bohonos76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

You all must be aware that nobody eats bear right? Bear meat is ridden with worms, smells like garbage, and is rancid. Booth shot that bear for sport - in other words, just for the thrill of killing it.

#30 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,674 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

POPULAR

You all must be aware that nobody eats bear right? Bear meat is ridden with worms, smells like garbage, and is rancid. Booth shot that bear for sport - in other words, just for the thrill of killing it.

maybe if you find it rotting in the woods. fresh bear meat has no worms nor is it rancid. maybe you should stop taking out your anus.
http://www.theatlant...h-trying/67024/

also, I had bear numerous times growing up in the prairies, it's quite good.

honestly, do you really think bears just walk around ridden with worms?

the meat can sour fast if you don't disembowel it shortly after killing it, but any experienced hunter knows this and takes care of it quickly.

Edited by avelanch, 12 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.