The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we looking past David Booth?

Strombone1

yo infinitecarnage, you're a loser ^

there's a reason why we are at the top of the food chain. because we outsmarted animals, and were able to develop weapons that could take down an animal.

If a bear/moose/duck was able to develop a weapon or technique to kill us to eat/sport, then by golly they would. but they didn't. and we did. thus, we kill them and we eat them. simple. and they taste mighty fine.

whoever is anti-hunting is a homer. WE ARE THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN, THEREFORE WE WIN

there's a reason why we are at the top of the food chain. because we outsmarted animals, and were able to develop weapons that could take down an animal.

If a bear/moose/duck was able to develop a weapon or technique to kill us to eat/sport, then by golly they would. but they didn't. and we did. thus, we kill them and we eat them. simple. and they taste mighty fine.

whoever is anti-hunting is a homer. WE ARE THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN, THEREFORE WE WIN

It seems many of the Canucks who came for the early September golf charity game have gone back to their home towns. From what I've gathered, Sedins, Malholtra, Bieksa, Elder, Kesler, Schneider, Garrison, Hamhuis, Higgins and Raymond are the only ones practising in Vancouver. So I don't believe Booth is practising with the team.

I like Booth as a player, and I think he was deserving of the most exciting player award this past season. He was hampered by injuries last year but showed flashes of brilliance. I'm thrilled with Booth regardless of cap hit; we got him for Sturm and Samuelsson, neither of which will suit up for Florida this season.

Those hunting pics are really disgusting. I really don't understand the sport or of how you're a bigger man for shooting a wild animal. Americans I guess.

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

Don't care much for hunting, but think it's ok for others if it is humane and managed properly. Is Booth going to eat the goat he killed? Is that edible?

As a 'Nuck player I think he has played fairly well, considering he had injuries and was playing for a new team. He is the only Nuck that rushes the net and is pretty good at getting the puck into the offensive zone. He needs a playmaking center (not Kesler) to be more effective. I'm hoping that Schroeder will get a chance to center Booth at some point.

Don't care much for hunting, but think it's ok for others if it is humane and managed properly. Is Booth going to eat the goat he killed? Is that edible?

As a 'Nuck player I think he has played fairly well, considering he had injuries and was playing for a new team. He is the only Nuck that rushes the net and is pretty good at getting the puck into the offensive zone. He needs a playmaking center (not Kesler) to be more effective. I'm hoping that Schroeder will get a chance to center Booth at some point.

no it's not. sport is something when both sides have equal chance of winning the event. not when you're cowardly hiding and waiting for that innocent creature to show up. i can't believe the number of people who are ok with that. I guess for most of you, as long as a player wearing a canuck jersey, you'd be okay with him, no matter what kind of person he is.

Too many complainers on CDC.

Booth is a 22, 31, 23 goal scorer and was on pace for 24 both seasons he was injured, including last year as a Canuck, despite playing on the very hobbled second line and suffering a serious knee injury. In other words, he has been very consistent in averaging 25 goal seasons. His cap hit is what it reasonably costs for a top 6 forward with that kind of production.

He also throws between 100 and 150 hits a year, and skates exceptionally well.

Booth threw a few other hits where that one came from in that series as well - a notable one where he drilled Richards in turn (not posted on youtube.)

That's the kind of mix of skill and grit that most people were looking for more of.

What's the problem with Booth's game?

I'm on record as being grateful to have an asset like Booth to show for Samuelsson. I stand by that.

But you are kidding yourself with Samuelsson's value also. He is very much a glue player, who adds passing, size or the ability to score to a line depending on what is needed at any given time. Raymond and Kesler both had their highest scoring season playing with him (75 points for Kess before he got prime PP time with the Twins is still his tops). This shows his ability to elevate the games of others.

The ironic thing is if we had managed to keep Sammy, and acquire David, he would have been exactly the type of complementary player to have Booth playing at another level. Or Kassian?

By memory; Samuelsson also came here to get a crack at first and second line minutes when he was below that on Detroit's depth chart. His salary then, and now, is worth it.

One critique I have of Gillis is that he fills one hole and creates another with some of his moves. Where we needed a PF, did we need another LW? When we acquired Hamhuis, we still left a glaring hole on the right side. Such moves can only be classified a true success by re-filling those holes in successive moves.

The guy with one goal in his last 18 playoff games and openly admitted to coming here only for the money?

The Wings can have him

I'm on record as being grateful to have an asset like Booth to show for Samuelsson. I stand by that.

But you are kidding yourself with Samuelsson's value also. He is very much a glue player, who adds passing, size or the ability to score to a line depending on what is needed at any given time. Raymond and Kesler both had their highest scoring season playing with him (75 points for Kess before he got prime PP time with the Twins is still his tops). This shows his ability to elevate the games of others.

The ironic thing is if we had managed to keep Sammy, and acquire David, he would have been exactly the type of complementary player to have Booth playing at another level. Or Kassian?

By memory; Samuelsson also came here to get a crack at first and second line minutes when he was below that on Detroit's depth chart. His salary then, and now, is worth it.

One critique I have of Gillis is that he fills one hole and creates another with some of his moves. Where we needed a PF, did we need another LW? When we acquired Hamhuis, we still left a glaring hole on the right side. Such moves can only be classified a true success by re-filling those holes in successive moves.

he'll get a fresh start whenever the season does

its gotta be hard moving from your first team you spent your whole career on to here and then going on the road, i dont know how players do it , some obviously are more used to it then others but how they can still be consistent point wise and play wise is impressive

Archived