The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we looking past David Booth?

Strombone1

Too many complainers on CDC.

Booth is a 22, 31, 23 goal scorer and was on pace for 24 both seasons he was injured, including last year as a Canuck, despite playing on the very hobbled second line and suffering a serious knee injury. In other words, he has been very consistent in averaging 25 goal seasons. His cap hit is what it reasonably costs for a top 6 forward with that kind of production.

He also throws between 100 and 150 hits a year, and skates exceptionally well.

Booth threw a few other hits where that one came from in that series as well - a notable one where he drilled Richards in turn (not posted on youtube.)

That's the kind of mix of skill and grit that most people were looking for more of.

What's the problem with Booth's game?

"burning down other people's properties"... is it that simple? those people are abusing animals and laws protect them and their interest. so what should be done? in this case you have to take matters into your own hands and that's what alf has done. and i'm proud of them. and yes, i wish they would've done more because animal abusers don't deserve to live. you're the real idiot for not standing up to the corrupted system and instead you crticize these real heroes.

terrorists? seriously? wow...

homophobics that beat gay people are terrorists. christians who are bombing abortion clinics are terrorists. usa government is terrorist. the state of israel is the ultimate terrorist. el kaide is terrorist. not these people.

watch this video and if you still think alf is a terrorist organization, maybe you're the one that should be put to sleep

First of all, I never said I supported animal testing, and by posting that video you just proved to me and everyone else that alf is a terrorist. What are the last words of the PETA message? Don't buy products that use animal testing and SUPPORT local legislation against animal testing, it never said anything about going and burning places down or like you suggested, killing them. So in your mind then, David Booth and every other hunter out there should be "put to sleep" as well then? You probably don't support peta either because they aren't taking matters into their own hands enough, eh? Either way, enjoy your next peta meeting and I'll enjoy even more so the next salmon I catch.

terrorists? seriously? wow...

homophobics that beat gay people are terrorists. christians who are bombing abortion clinics are terrorists. usa government is terrorist. the state of israel is the ultimate terrorist. el kaide is terrorist. not these people.

watch this video and if you still think alf is a terrorist organization, maybe you're the one that should be put to sleep

All fair commentary...! Such feedback is consistent with why he was not considered a leader, and commanded $2.5 with us and $3 with Detroit now and not more. A 2nd/3rd line 220 lb winger, with quite reasonably versatile skills who has 50 point / 25 goal potential would easily command that if not quirky.

So again, I was cool with converting Sammy into an younger power forward asset, who is signed and was a component we needed.

But Booth fills one role, while Sammy leaving robbed the 2knd line of it's best play maker and rendered Raymond a fifth wheel. It has remained incomplete since, and both Raymond (we still carry his salary) and Kesler have not been productive. The onus should have been be on Gillis to restock that vacated role last deadline to rejuvenate the 2knd line.

Notes; Danny, Burrows, Booth, Raymond, Higgins and even our "top" prospect (Jensen) were (and are) all natural on the left wing when Booth was acquired. Booth was supposed to be our power forward but logic would dictate another LW and / or Ballard also could have been moved to create space for him and provide the RW we also needed. It also made Hansen our top actual right wing until we got Kassian. Instead we traded our centre and secondary scoring depth to get him. Say what you will about Hodgson, he still filled a role for us now and had potential to do so in the future. Previously we traded for Ballard and signed Hamhuis when we had Edler. That overloaded our left D versus right in similar fashion, compounded when Erhoff left. In 2011/12 Gillis's moves individually all seemed credible but did not result in the balanced team we needed.

This contributed to our demise against L.A. as much as injuries.

:huh: Gillis also gambled that his prize rookie pick up could play one of those roles right away.

I like Samuelsson but he's a quirky player. He was a horrible fit with the Sedins - his puck possession game is very suspect, and he doesn't have the continuity to play with them - he is a risky guy who has his share of brain cramps to go with his flashes of brilliance. I thought he fit best with Torres on the third line - Torres forecheck and hit, turnover, Samuelsson quick strike - an unconventional line that I thought worked well. I liked the fact that Samuelsson playing with Kesler also allowed Raymond to play his natural position - left wing - but it's hard to pass on the opportunity to pick up Booth, particularly when it was always uncertain whether Samuelsson was happy with his role. When he wasn't playing that well (which happened frequently because he is a very streaky guy), it became difficult to find a copacetic fit. I thought his best stretch as a Canuck came after his longest scoring slump when he had to dumb down his game and focus on contributing in a more rounded way. When he stopped trying to score, he complemented his line-mates much better. I liked him, but can certainly live with moving him for Booth. The right RW on that line, and it becomes very difficult to deal with.

"burning down other people's properties"... is it that simple? those people are abusing animals and laws protect them and their interest. so what should be done? in this case you have to take matters into your own hands and that's what alf has done. and i'm proud of them. and yes, i wish they would've done more because animal abusers don't deserve to live. you're the real idiot for not standing up to the corrupted system and instead you crticize these real heroes.

to all the mindless idiots who think ALF is a terrorist organization: saving an animal from abuse is not terrorism. when you're claiming what alf is doing wrong, basically you're saying it's ok to hurt animals, because your worthless laws won't lift a finger to punish those who commit the crime. if alf doesn't do anything, who's gonna fight for those animals' rights? but i'm guessing you could care less about what happened to those animals, right? that's why you will never understand the hatred that i have for animal abusers, because you're not animal lovers like me. i wish they would conduct those horrible experiments on you instead those helpless creatures.

to all the mindless idiots who think ALF is a terrorist organization: saving an animal from abuse is not terrorism. when you're claiming what alf is doing wrong, basically you're saying it's ok to hurt animals, because your worthless laws won't lift a finger to punish those who commit the crime. if alf doesn't do anything, who's gonna fight for those animals' rights? but i'm guessing you could care less about what happened to those animals, right? that's why you will never understand the hatred that i have for animal abusers, because you're not animal lovers like me. i wish they would conduct those horrible experiments on you instead those helpless creatures.

maybe if you find it rotting in the woods. fresh bear meat has no worms nor is it rancid. maybe you should stop taking out your anus.

http://www.theatlant...h-trying/67024/

also, I had bear numerous times growing up in the prairies, it's quite good.

honestly, do you really think bears just walk around ridden with worms?

the meat can sour fast if you don't disembowel it shortly after killing it, but any experienced hunter knows this and takes care of it quickly.

maybe if you find it rotting in the woods. fresh bear meat has no worms nor is it rancid. maybe you should stop taking out your anus.

the meat can sour fast if you don't disembowel it shortly after killing it, but any experienced hunter knows this and takes care of it quickly.

I definitely can see Booth lighting it up whenever the season begins. He has the build and speed, and has been known to show some skill with the hands, he just need Kes to pass every now and again.

As for him hunting, I think everyone here knows you're only a real man if you can kill a defenseless wild animal with a modern weapon from a distant range. Real man-like.

Archived