The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we looking past David Booth?

Strombone1

First of all, I never said I supported animal testing, and by posting that video you just proved to me and everyone else that alf is a terrorist. What are the last words of the PETA message? Don't buy products that use animal testing and SUPPORT local legislation against animal testing, it never said anything about going and burning places down or like you suggested, killing them. So in your mind then, David Booth and every other hunter out there should be "put to sleep" as well then? You probably don't support peta either because they aren't taking matters into their own hands enough, eh? Either way, enjoy your next peta meeting and I'll enjoy even more so the next salmon I catch.

No, but they help fund those that do. PETA is a wonderful organization.....

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/trial/

http://origin.wtsp.c...euthanasia-rate

http://www.consumerf...-the-real-deal/

http://activistcash....ment-of-animals

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

I donate to the BCSPCA every year. I wouldn't give PETA a bent nickle.The SPCA manages to adopt out 35 to 45% of the adoptable animals they receive while PETA adopts out less than 10%. Likely because the SPCA always gives their animals two weeks to be adopted while PETA often puts animals down in 24 hours or less. PETA is more interested in funding it's public cause than actually helping the animals that are put in their care. Their slogan should be "Don't do tests on animals, just give them to us to kill".

Btw, I have no problem with Booth as a player or a person. He had a decent season considering his injuries and linemates. My only criticism is he could work on his backchecking.

I eat bear all the time. In fact I have a freezer full of game meat including bear steaks and most importantly bear sausage and jerky.

The reality is the meat is actually quite good. You don't know what you're talking about. Bear; like any other game, is very very edible. Hell if you find old cookbooks before beef became the meat to rule them all you'd find several recipes using bear meat. Hell I have a very old "Gourmet Cookbook" that has a few bear meat recipes.

I really think that David has the potential to do well, and I think that (despite what he said) Honey Badger Hansen could be someone who could really complement his style. Despite his preference to not have to focus so much on scoring, I think that his speed and strength could really allow him to set up another speedy guy like Booth very well.

Just by making plays like this to a fine finisher who goes to the net like Booth, Honey Badger could do very well for himself off the rush (not my videos, don't know why the audio for the first one is like that)

From this video it's pretty obvious that David likes to shoot almost right away after getting to the outside of the crease, and that he's VERY trigger-happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMEzEslYfc

Well, Jannik is one of the few guys on the team with the speed and skill to not only keep up with David but can also make the plays that Boother capitalizes on (for the ones where he's standing on front of the net maybe it can be the Sedins working behind and feathering him passes to snipe or bang in?)

Twins - Burr

Booth - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kass

Top 9, lookin' fine B)

I think Booth is still a good hockey player and he just has not been able to show all he's got yet. He played 62 games and scored 16 goals with 14 assists adding up to 30 points. Now imagine if he was healthy all season I bet he would have scored 20 goals at the least, other than that maybe 24 or 25 goals.

no it's not. sport is something when both sides have equal chance of winning the event. not when you're cowardly hiding and waiting for that innocent creature to show up. i can't believe the number of people who are ok with that. I guess for most of you, as long as a player wearing a canuck jersey, you'd be okay with him, no matter what kind of person he is.

• 2 weeks later...

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

I appreciate what he brings to the team - a net driving presence that we really needed - but his all around game sucks. Not particularly defensively aware or active, though he does battle on the boards. His passing is putrid and he has very little understanding of offensive spacing aside from attacking the slot. He only really looks to pass when he can't drive the net or get his shot off. He is very much a one trick pony.

Its a good trick, and one we needed, but his style - unless he changes and the Nucks can develop him - dooms the 2nd line to a crash the net offensive style. I think we need a 2nd line capable of sustaining possession in a more variable offensive style. Ideally he'd round out his defensive game for the 3rd line where his ability to rush the puck and create scoring chances with little help could carry the scoring burden for a more defensive line.

Right now, he duplicates Kesler's offensive strengths and his weaknesses are the same as Kesler's but more pronounced. One of them needs to adapt or move to a different line.

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

Archived