The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we looking past David Booth?

Strombone1

Where are we standing with Booth?

Does he not have anything to prove this season?

I don't think I've read anything about him practicing with the team. I'm hearing a lot of our younger guys like Kassian needing to step up. True, but I think Booth is totally being overlooked.

He's more likely to make an impact than Kassian will in this coming season.

I think if he does start to play good and Kes returns, that will throw Booth off his game given their chemistry.

Any thoughts?

how do you know Kes' return will throw Booth off? What if he starts bad and Kes returns and then he plays good?

Could go either way.

I haven't heard much of Raymond, Ballard, Hansen, Tanev, Alberts, or anyone else in that mix...should we be concerned about them too?

These guys are professionals - they'll be prepared. Not all of them will stay in Vancouver to do what some guys are doing.

Samuelsson and Sturm for Booth is pretty decent asset management. However, Booth's salary is a bit high. The main problem with him is that he has had very little defensive impact while not scoring enough to make up for that.

There's also the matter of his concussion history. That may limit his overall effectiveness as an NHLer in the future. So let's hope technological advances in equipment eliminate concussions.

Assuming the season ever starts, it would be interesting to see who Booth lines up with when Kesler is out. AV will likely have to juggle lines forever unless Schroeder surprises.

Nobody is looking past him. If he doesn't light it up, he'll likely be our latest $4mil scapegoat.

It seems many of the Canucks who came for the early September golf charity game have gone back to their home towns. From what I've gathered, Sedins, Malholtra, Bieksa, Elder, Kesler, Schneider, Garrison, Hamhuis, Higgins and Raymond are the only ones practising in Vancouver. So I don't believe Booth is practising with the team.

I like Booth as a player, and I think he was deserving of the most exciting player award this past season. He was hampered by injuries last year but showed flashes of brilliance. I'm thrilled with Booth regardless of cap hit; we got him for Sturm and Samuelsson, neither of which will suit up for Florida this season.

Those hunting pics are really disgusting. I really don't understand the sport or of how you're a bigger man for shooting a wild animal. Americans I guess.

It seems many of the Canucks who came for the early September golf charity game have gone back to their home towns. From what I've gathered, Sedins, Malholtra, Bieksa, Elder, Kesler, Schneider, Garrison, Hamhuis, Higgins and Raymond are the only ones practising in Vancouver. So I don't believe Booth is practising with the team.

I like Booth as a player, and I think he was deserving of the most exciting player award this past season. He was hampered by injuries last year but showed flashes of brilliance. I'm thrilled with Booth regardless of cap hit; we got him for Sturm and Samuelsson, neither of which will suit up for Florida this season.

Those hunting pics are really disgusting. I really don't understand the sport or of how you're a bigger man for shooting a wild animal. Americans I guess.

Booth is one of my favorite players I love the way he plays. When he is on he can be very dominate (as shown before his injury). Guys with his size, speed, and skill are almost impossible to find. If he can get into a groove he could be a 40G 80Pt player.

Unlike a lot of guys, when Booth was cold he was still noticeable on the ice, driving to the net and creating chances.

As for the hunting thing, as long as he freezes and eats the meat I have no problem with it. Hunting is more humane than growing animals for food.

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

you realize you have to have tags and licensing right? and not every hunter gets one. the amount of tags given per season is determined by the population. your not going to see white tail dear become extinct because of sport hunting. plus at least when hunting game has more of a fair chance to live other than your cattle chicken an pork whom are often beaten and mistreated before being lined up on a conveyor belt waiting to die... not a pretty sight. plus you being against hunting but not fishing is a joke. your a hypocrite my friend.

90% of the people complaining about Booth hunting probably eat meat anyway. Which honestly, I doubt Booth is just hunting for trophies. If he eats everything there isn't really an issue.

I assume you whiners who complain about him hunting and eating the meat have never seen how your own food is treated prior to being slaughter, eh?

Archived