118 replies to this topic

#91 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,465 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

This thread is surrounding David Booth, the hockey player.

David Booth the hunter is being discussed in another thread...please take it there.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#92 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I really think that David has the potential to do well, and I think that (despite what he said) Honey Badger Hansen could be someone who could really complement his style. Despite his preference to not have to focus so much on scoring, I think that his speed and strength could really allow him to set up another speedy guy like Booth very well.

Just by making plays like this to a fine finisher who goes to the net like Booth, Honey Badger could do very well for himself off the rush (not my videos, don't know why the audio for the first one is like that)

From this video it's pretty obvious that David likes to shoot almost right away after getting to the outside of the crease, and that he's VERY trigger-happy

Well, Jannik is one of the few guys on the team with the speed and skill to not only keep up with David but can also make the plays that Boother capitalizes on (for the ones where he's standing on front of the net maybe it can be the Sedins working behind and feathering him passes to snipe or bang in?)

Twins - Burr
Booth - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Kass

Top 9, lookin' fine B)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#93 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

lappy is not a 3rd liner. send in Schroeder in his place and it's MUCH better.

#94 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

He's been practicing his shot all summer long

Spoiler

this rocks. Damn I want to try hunting with a composite bow.

#95 canucksrool1

canucksrool1

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think Booth is still a good hockey player and he just has not been able to show all he's got yet. He played 62 games and scored 16 goals with 14 assists adding up to 30 points. Now imagine if he was healthy all season I bet he would have scored 20 goals at the least, other than that maybe 24 or 25 goals.

#96 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

no it's not. sport is something when both sides have equal chance of winning the event. not when you're cowardly hiding and waiting for that innocent creature to show up. i can't believe the number of people who are ok with that. I guess for most of you, as long as a player wearing a canuck jersey, you'd be okay with him, no matter what kind of person he is.

Hockey is a sport, but the leafs don't have equal chances against the canucks.

Edited by Dancin'Droid, 29 October 2012 - 01:35 PM.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#97 Fandango

Fandango

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

I can afford to buy a steak, however I choose to hunt and eat venisen because I 1) enjoy it as a a sport, and 2) it tastes better than beef! Just because he is a millionaire doesn't mean that he doesn't enjoy hunting and fishing (which are extremely popular, ESPECIALLY in Canada and US) and eating his catches as well. Have an open mind.

#98 Ohnoeszz

Ohnoeszz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

I appreciate what he brings to the team - a net driving presence that we really needed - but his all around game sucks. Not particularly defensively aware or active, though he does battle on the boards. His passing is putrid and he has very little understanding of offensive spacing aside from attacking the slot. He only really looks to pass when he can't drive the net or get his shot off. He is very much a one trick pony.

Its a good trick, and one we needed, but his style - unless he changes and the Nucks can develop him - dooms the 2nd line to a crash the net offensive style. I think we need a 2nd line capable of sustaining possession in a more variable offensive style. Ideally he'd round out his defensive game for the 3rd line where his ability to rush the puck and create scoring chances with little help could carry the scoring burden for a more defensive line.

Right now, he duplicates Kesler's offensive strengths and his weaknesses are the same as Kesler's but more pronounced. One of them needs to adapt or move to a different line.

#99 stryker709

stryker709

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Give me one reason why a guy who makes millions of dollars a year has to go out and shoot these animals. A duck supply for a month, what looks to be an elk and a moose on top of a bear. There's enough meat there to cover half a year, but I guess even millionaires get hungry.

My point is there is no justifiable reason to hunt these animals unless it was for the purpose of feeding oneself. I'm pretty sure Booth can afford to buy a steak. It's really unjustifiable and if you're going to make it a freedom thing I will laugh in your face right now.

Only exemption I see to this is fishing. Go ahead fish away, it's a species that can replenish itself.

How about because he finds it enjoyable and likes the taste of wild game? He is hunting animals. This is okay, because they are animals. They are not endangered, and that's why it's okay. If you eat meat, you have no right to judge people who hunt for enjoyment and don't waste the meat. If you don't eat meat, that is your choice, and while I feel bad for you, I will respect your choice and not try to force my values on you.

#100 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

To get Kesler to have some chemistry with his linemates, I'm suggesting that mirrors be fastened to the linemate's helmets, then maybe kesler will pass the puck (to himself) before performing one of his world class sprawling superman dives.

#101 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

To get Kesler to have some chemistry with his linemates, I'm suggesting that mirrors be fastened to the linemate's helmets, then maybe kesler will pass the puck (to himself) before performing one of his world class sprawling superman dives.

Booth is more of a puck hog than Kesler is. That line needs a playmaking winger. Being a shoot-first player is ok, but you can't have 3 of them on the same line.

#102 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Booth is more of a puck hog than Kesler is. That line needs a playmaking winger. Being a shoot-first player is ok, but you can't have 3 of them on the same line.

Especially when not 1 of them can hit the net.

#103 bohonos76

bohonos76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

yes.... why are we looking past David Booth ?????

#104 BanTSN

BanTSN

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Because he's gonna be out until at least the playoffs with that screw in his ankle and failed rehab. Too busy shooting bears and goats and blabbering about Jesus to have time to recover into a, y'know, hockey player. Isn't that the answer ya want, necrobumping sphincterspasm?
Posted Image

#105 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Remember when he plastered Doughty and split his eyebrow open..

That was awesome.

#106 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

We're looking past him since he's been plagued by injuries constantly. Whether or not it's "his fault" is besides the point. He has a history, and we'd be stupid to bank on him remaining healthy. I think he could still be a decent player for us, but we need a plan B. Assuming he's going to be our 20-30 goal scoring 2nd line winger just hasn't cut it the last 2 seasons when he's been injured. We need alternatives.

#107 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

probably not going to do much til his contracts up for renegotiation, business before pleasure

#108 In the Slot

In the Slot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

He's just been unlucky health wise. Upside is, given all this time off, his concussion issue is likely a thing of the past, those take real time to heal and slight hits compound the issue... Since he hasn't taken any head shots in 3 years since the injury this is a good thing, no he just needs some luck otherwise.

I think he can be a very valuable player given our lack of size and hands (combined). He is a big body, can skate, plays the boards well and has hands (you don't score 30 without them)...

I think he adds a great deal of depth on the third line and offsets schredder's size issues and therefore makes our TEAM better. We are a better team with Schredder than without him but his size limits where he can play. If you take that issue away by placing him with players who offset that issue, well we have better depth. I think Booth adds that

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Jensen Kesler Burrows
Booth Schredder Hansen
Weiss Richardson Higgins

Decent line up
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you can't win an argument, correct the grammar instead"
- Internet Troll Handbook Chapter 1 pg 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Especially if the Kassian's are 6'3'' mountain men with missing teeth and cool tattoos and the Hodgson's are short legged weirdos with politician parents" - Hansen36

#109 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

He's just been unlucky health wise. Upside is, given all this time off, his concussion issue is likely a thing of the past, those take real time to heal and slight hits compound the issue... Since he hasn't taken any head shots in 3 years since the injury this is a good thing, no he just needs some luck otherwise.

I think he can be a very valuable player given our lack of size and hands (combined). He is a big body, can skate, plays the boards well and has hands (you don't score 30 without them)...

I think he adds a great deal of depth on the third line and offsets schredder's size issues and therefore makes our TEAM better. We are a better team with Schredder than without him but his size limits where he can play. If you take that issue away by placing him with players who offset that issue, well we have better depth. I think Booth adds that

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Jensen Kesler Burrows
Booth Schredder Hansen
Weiss Richardson Higgins

Decent line up

Swap Santorelli with Shroeder. Santorelli has very good chemistry with Booth and he is turning heads so far at camp.

#110 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Looking past him because:
  • he's played an average of only 48 games per season his entire NHL career.
  • in his 3 best seasons (where he managed to stay healthy) he averaged 25 goals and 46 points.
  • had only one 30 goal season his whole career.
  • he's been a plus player only 3 times his whole career.

He's 28 years old and going into another season injured. We have no idea how many games he'll play this year and in my view there's no reason to think that this is the year he magically puts all that speed and power together to finally make a contribution to this team.

If he can stay healthy and get his game back however, it would be a huge boost for our team depth wise.

Edited by MJDDawg, 14 September 2013 - 07:47 AM.

4X5ed5z.gif

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#111 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 27,264 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Looking past him because:

• he's played an average of only 48 games per season his entire NHL career.
  • in his 3 best seasons (where he managed to stay healthy) he averaged 25 goals and 46 points.
  • had only one 30 goal season his whole career.
  • he's been a plus player only 3 times his whole career.
He's 28 years old and going into another season injured. We have no idea how many games he'll play this year and in my view there's no reason to think that this is the year he magically puts all that speed and power together to finally make a contribution to this team.

If he can stay healthy and get his game back however, it would be a huge boost for our team depth wise.

/Thread
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#112 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I really think that David has the potential to do well, and I think that (despite what he said) Honey Badger Hansen could be someone who could really complement his style. Despite his preference to not have to focus so much on scoring, I think that his speed and strength could really allow him to set up another speedy guy like Booth very well.

Just by making plays like this to a fine finisher who goes to the net like Booth, Honey Badger could do very well for himself off the rush (not my videos, don't know why the audio for the first one is like that)

From this video it's pretty obvious that David likes to shoot almost right away after getting to the outside of the crease, and that he's VERY trigger-happy

Well, Jannik is one of the few guys on the team with the speed and skill to not only keep up with David but can also make the plays that Boother capitalizes on (for the ones where he's standing on front of the net maybe it can be the Sedins working behind and feathering him passes to snipe or bang in?)

Twins - Burr
Booth - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Kass

Top 9, lookin' fine B)

Either Hansen, or even Burrows. Burrows is a very good passer. I think he's needed on a line not with the Sedins, because we need to spread these passers out a bit.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - ???? - Hansen

with a good 3C (determined by training camp), that's a good top 9. Kassian has to pull his head out of his butt, though.

Edited by Bananas, 14 September 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#113 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

It will throw off Booth and Keslers chemistry? What chemistry?

Is that Kris Draper on the right hand side in the bear picture?

Let's take the anti CDC view; is anyone aware of the patience, planning, nerve, years of shooting practice and skill required to take down a bear that size in close range. This is elite level mental preparation and execution which few ever achieve in hunting exhibited in these pictures. Someday that will exhibit itself in championship mentality on the ice?

:)

#114 bohonos76

bohonos76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

and the fool gets injured in practice today !!! groin pull... again !!!!!!! WTF........ So why exactly are we looking past The Boothinator David Booth ????

#115 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Everyone is looking past David Booth because he gets injured before he even plays a pre-season game for the Nucks, never mind the regular season games. Whats good about a player that doesn't even play much? Rather have cap space for the deadline or sign someone who can contribute.

Posted Image

#116 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,383 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hopefully he is 100% healthy and can atleast play 1 game in the NHL but if not I wouldn't mind saving up some cap space, looking for a deal in the trade deadline or before the season starts.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#117 Light Bearer

Light Bearer

Comets Regular

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Booth has proven to be a player you just cant rely on to stay healthy. Time to cut bait and move on. We are starting to realize why the Panthers were willing to trade him for Marco Sturm

Edited by Light Bearer, 21 September 2013 - 11:18 PM.

" Some people see things that are and ask why?... Some people see things that never were and ask why not?... And some people have to go to work and don't have time for any of that sh** "

#118 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

Booth = Ballard v2.0

#119 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Booth = Ballard v2.0

I honestly rather have Ballard than Booth at this point. At least Ballard played and got 2 assists in one of the pre-season games, where the heck was booth?

Edited by Pouria, 22 September 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.