The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just trade em already....

Lui's Knob

well lets see raymond had his back broken so you can't really judge him on last season, the fact he played at all is impressive.

booth was actually playing good when he got kneed in colorado.

giving up on players too early is a great way to ruin the franchise. Ballards a good d-man but AV clearly has a dislike for this guy based on that i would move ballard. his contract looked bad but after what guys where signing for last season i'd say it's market value.

Yup, completely disagree. We gave up Sturm (cap dump) and Samuelsson (decent) for Booth who is a great player in my books who brings, heart, speed, skill, size, strengt and lot of different dynamics to our line-up.

Booth is a beauty and I have no idea how you came up with this ridiculous idea that he's a "cap dump"?? :picard:

Entertaining thread read...

Booth wasn't a cap dump. It is the Florida Panthers we are talking about - cap space is a non-issue - they always have galaxies of cap space - but you might say they are a budget conscious team haha - which has a bottomless pool of emerging prospects to pay in the near future...

Samuelsson - 3 million

Sturm - 2.25 million

Booth - 4.25

Booth didn't play a full season with the team yet and it took him a bit to adjust to the team and when he found his game injuries occured. You can't expect him to be the best player on the team with only a year being here. Booth and Kesler together showed potential, having both on their A-game and we finally have a solid 2 lines that could take us to the finals :D

Samuelsson & Sturm's contracts expired July 1, 2012; David Booth's salary expires on July 1, 2015. Big difference. The goal of this move, from Florida's perspective, was to simply get rid of David Booth's contract - a cap dump.

If it wasn't a cap dump, we would've had to part ways with picks, prospects, or other consideration. All we had to give up was Marco Sturm, who's signing made zero sense to begin with, and Mikael Samuelsson, a veteran also on an expiring contract.

well Booth..that's 4.5 million tied up in a Detroit Red Wing..

Booth to Detroit for Todd Bertuzzi and the one and only Brenden Morrison..just kidding..

Detroit doesn't have the rights to Brenden Morrison

that's like not gonna happen

and then Markus Naslund comes out of retirement

to solidify the other 2 million

Naslund 2M

Morrison 1M

Bertuzzi 2M

for 4.5M

David Booth

I would trade that in a heartbeat...

but then Canucks dot com. would get all mad at me..and stuff.. :towel:

would make a 5M dollar great 3rd line tho

No! No! You guys have it all wrong!

Booth was definitely not a cap dump, but Reinprecht on the other hand was. Booth was actually liked by the fans and he was great for them. He and Stephen Weiss were really good friends, it seemed like.

They traded Booth because they wanted a solid veteran presence in their line up. They needed to fill out some holes they had. If anything it was a steal of a deal for us. I mean Booth is about to hit his prime soon and will dominate, along with Kesler.

If Kassian gets up to speed within the next 2 years, then we are going to have one hell of a line with Booth-Kesler-Kassian.

Tallon made it clear that he wanted more veteran presence to mix with the Panthers youth (and also has Howden on the wing) - Tallon received good value in Samuelsson - Booth was not a cap dump. The Panthers were balancing their lineup and budget - and the fact that they have a whole stable of young marquis prospects who are not going to be cheap to re-sign - and they don't have the budget (to repeat, they have oodles of cap space) factors in.

Archived