The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) move raymond to center

A centre who doesn't pass, lacks vision, his puck control consists of him skating in circles, and has an average shot at best. He doesn't play physical, nor does he have the strength/technique to tie up players. Raymond as the centre would be a poor man's Ryan Johnson.

He'd definitely have to put on some muscle for this to happen...

Some of Raymond's best games were on the third line. But as far as I know he's never played centre and that's a big adjustment to make. Your third line starts most of their ice time in the defensive zone, and those are must win faceoffs. Even if you lose the draw you have to be defensively sounds enough to get the puck back. I have no issue trying Raymond at the 3C role for a game or two, but I think he's better suited on the wing.

I have a recollection that he got some time at center last season. He was at best, average in the face-off circle, though he was usually put in those "sheltered" situations.

In any event, it wasn't for too long a period, and there wasn't enough shown for the team to consider the experiment as a success.

regards,

G.

Archived