Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else feeling a little less die-hard?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,028 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm sure the NHL isn't going to miss your $150.00, considering they pull in upwards of $3 billion...

That said, I respect your decision and trying to "stick it to the man", so to speak. I wish there were more like you, to teach the league a lesson.

Unfortunately I (like many others) am too weak to actually boycott hockey.

One person saying no is $150.00. A million saying no is $150 Million. It starts with one person.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#32 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Don't miss the NHL at all, and find myself not caring when the lockout ends. I've been big on football for a long time, and this lockout just lets me focus my attention even more onto football. Plus I like to go to Blazer games, so that gets me my hockey fix.
Even when the lockout is over, I doubt I will go back to watching it the way I used to.
I guess I just don't really care about the NHL anymore, and have found other things to focus my energy on.

#33 Double Vs

Double Vs

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

I've been a Canuck fan since 1982. I've been watching more CFL, and NFL...baseball playoffs. I live in Whitehorse, so there's no senior or junior team at all. Canucks were the only thing to get through the minus 40 weather. I guess i'll have to watch curling.

I think Modano said it best. He lost 7 million in the lockout season. If the players are as self-centered and greedy as they are with the limited timelines of playing, just take the deal at a 24 percent rollback and move on.

I think deep down inside, the Sedins don't give a flying crap about the lockout, or negotiations and just want to play even with the 24 percent rollback. They just want to prove themselves and fulfull the contracts they reasonably signed, then donated a portion to Children's Hospital. Again, with the rollback cause they know the NHL has provided them a good life. Also, Sedins want a cup bad. How many Canucks have signed in Europe? They know what they have is good, but unfortunately have to go along with the rest of the 'herd'.

I also know Aquaman doesn't want a lockout. He's making tons with this fanbase, and wants a cup. Gillis and his internal cap/structure is the way to go, and it's too damn bad more teams didn't follow that system. The NHL would be much healthier if Gomez/Redden contracts weren't handed out like candy at halloween, and skewer the system.

Lets hope both side pull their heads out of their bums soon and get a deal done.

#34 FullMetalOilDrum

FullMetalOilDrum

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Very!
Respect my favorite team, and I will respect yours.

#35 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

someone needs to send a link to this thread to the NHL and NHLPA. I enjoy following and watching hockey but am far less interested and even if the season starts again in the new year I don't think I'll watch as much. It seems like I'm not the only one who feels this way, if the NHL lockout continues this could be very very bad for the league.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#36 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

No. I miss hockey.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#37 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

One person saying no is $150.00. A million saying no is $150 Million. It starts with one person.

Oh for sure.

And thats why I said I respect his decision and wish there were many more like him.

Unfortunately, us hockey fans are just too attached to the game. :)

/=S=/

#38 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

I'm more frustrated mixed with apathy. I'm leaning more to other sports like the nfl and cfl than ever before. If it goes long...

#39 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Sadly, the best league in the world is, for the most part, comprised of players and owners more intenet on squabbling over money than playing the game. Listen to Modano, he's been through it before. What will change this time?

I have been a Canucks fan all my life, including when I was at game 7 against Boston hoping for a comeback. I know now that those monies would be the last ones spent on supporting the league. No more Center Ice, no more Rogers Arena winfall from me in the beer and food lineup, no more merchandise will be purchased. I will watch hockey in a pub or on TV at home when it returns, I'll even be entertained by it, but that's the closest they will get to calling me a revenue source.

The NHL can eat it. Don't come back for 3 years. Don't come back until you dissolve teams that don't need to be in poor locations. Undilute the talent the league has. When you do, you can find me at WHL, NFL, or CFL games.

Eat it.

#40 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

It's really tough to say. My interest in hockey has not been this low since the late 90s. And as a current Winnipeg Jets season ticket holder, I can say that there are quite a few season ticket holders (myself included), who may not return after this season, should the lockeout last the full year.

The last lockout is still very fresh in my mind and I have just grown tired of all of it to be honest. Now, it might also be because the last time the Jets played a game it was the beginning of April, so it has been half a year, so my interest has waned quite a bit. Hmm, so this is what it must be like to be a Leafs fan.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.