The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate the Last Game You Played

Hat Trick Maker

On 8/14/2017 at 7:15 AM, Tre Mac said:

Mount and Blade: Warband (Ps4) 8.5/10 - Was intrigued by this game when I saw on the PS store for $10 so I figured why not?  I friggin love this game, going to probable download for PC and get the Game of Thrones mod for it.  Can't wait for the sequel.

Check out the Napoleonic Wars DLC. It's multiplayer only, but it's amazing. 

Downloaded Wasteland 2 Directors cut.

Pretty good so far, has that old fallout humor intertwined with horrible horribleness going on. Tickles the oldschool funny bone but has a simple interface. Vpice acting is a bit hit and miss and there is a lot of reading but doesn't feel to grindy

Interesting skills to make it a more flavorful RPG. Instead of a flat speech skill, for example, you can invest in "hard-ass" or "kiss-ass" etc to solve encounters non violently. Was happy to notice that making a hardass check I got all the encounter xp I would have got had I shot everyone. Sure, no loot but I wasted no bullets or health restore items

If you like guns, nukes and knives and rpgs, this one's for you

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Assassin's Creed Origins - 4/5

It's a pretty solid open world RPG. It losses a bit of the AC charm in the transition into an action RPG, but it's still a good time.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Just finished Fallout 4.  What should I play next?

Mass Effect Andromeda

Divinity:Original Sin

Metal Gear: Phantom Pain

Deus Ex: Mankind Devided

The first Shadow of Mordor game

or a retro whatever game might be fun (Titan Souls, HOME, Xeodrifter)

Metal Gear.

It's the best game this gen IMO

3 hours ago, Incursio said:

Metal Gear.

It's the best game this gen IMO

So I gotta be honest, Im playing through the intro/tutorial and some of the unbelievable sequences (enemies shooting bodies but they didnt shoot us?) and the strange super power on fire characters is kind of putting me off. 

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So I gotta be honest, Im playing through the intro/tutorial and some of the unbelievable sequences (enemies shooting bodies but they didnt shoot us?) and the strange super power on fire characters is kind of putting me off. 

The start of the game is pretty much nothing like the rest of it. Once you get finished with the first part, it turns into an open-world stealth-action shooter. I can see how the some of the weirder things could be off-putting though.

Have you played any of the other MGS games, or anything else Kojima's made? MGSV is really similar to his other works. A mix of realistic and really out there things :lol:

2 hours ago, Incursio said:

The start of the game is pretty much nothing like the rest of it. Once you get finished with the first part, it turns into an open-world stealth-action shooter. I can see how the some of the weirder things could be off-putting though.

Have you played any of the other MGS games, or anything else Kojima's made? MGSV is really similar to his other works. A mix of realistic and really out there things :lol:

My apologies if that sounded  negative, my bad.  Based on what you say and some reviews I read, the story part usually takes a backseat to the game play.  I should give it a proper go. 

I was super young when I played Metal Gear for the NES.  I was too young to figure it out properly, but I loved the vibe of that game.  Probably the 1st 'thinking' game I got exposed to in video games.  Fond memories of this song:

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

My apologies if that sounded  negative, my bad.  Based on what you say and some reviews I read, the story part usually takes a backseat to the game play.  I should give it a proper go. 

I was super young when I played Metal Gear for the NES.  I was too young to figure it out properly, but I loved the vibe of that game.  Probably the 1st 'thinking' game I got exposed to in video games.  Fond memories of this song

Oh, no worries at all. Maybe it just won't end up being for you. It really hit all the right notes for me though.

Once it opens up, you'll get a lot of freedom in how you tackle the missions; stealth with a silenced pistol that shoots tranquilizers and hide the bodies? Run in and blow everything up? Or a mix of both? I think if you liked the idea of the one on the NES you'll like MGSV once you get settled in.

It is pretty story heavy, but you'll be able to do side-ops (side quests) and they don't have any story, you can just kinda run around the maps at your own pace.

46 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Hey I just started playing Titan Souls- you should really check it out. 

After a google search it doesn't look like my type of game at all tbh. I liked the combat and level design of the Soulsborne games.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War - 8/10

People made far too big of a deal out of the micro-transactions. I didn't spend a dime and had way more in-game currency than I could even use. Gameplay was very enjoyable and the story was even a bit better than the first game's. The first game felt a bit more visceral to me, so I missed that aspect of the gameplay, but I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed the LOTR series and wants to feel awesome and unstoppable while playing. A word of warning though--I hear it's very contrary to the actual Middle Earth lore, so if you care much about that, I can see why players might not enjoy that.

Archived