The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate the Last Game You Played

Hat Trick Maker

The Wolf Among Us - 9/10

Finished the final episode last night. If I hadn't read most of the comics (still getting through them), I probably would have given it a perfect 10. However, I'm assuming the reason why I rated it the way I did was also because I played Bigby completely different then the way he is in the comics. I immediately started over and am now laying him as he is in the comics.

Unlike Telltale other franchise "The Walking Dead" (the first season anyway), it is very clear throughout the series and especially in the end that you will have a different ending, depending on your choices and how you play Bigby.

The ending was terrific as well. Left so much open to what the player interprets. Immediately I thought, I cannot wait until their next chapter in the franchise, so we can see what happens next. However, if Telltale goes by the Fables graphic novels, they might just leave this as a standalone chapter, revisit it in the future, but have the next game have the player play as one of the dozens of other Fables that were not introduced this time around: Prince Charming or Boy Blue come to mind. However, based on Jack (Jack and the Beanstock's) brief appearance in this last chapter, my money is on him as either the next playable character OR central to the next chapter, as a deal was made with him in episode 3 or 4, but was never revisited; unless, of course, my choosing of how I played Bigby resulted in not finding that out this time around.

Long story short, worth playing. Or just read the novels.

i don't really get these games. are they interactive graphic novels, or are they actual games?

i don't really get these games. are they interactive graphic novels, or are they actual games?

Interactive graphic novels. Not a big fan of graphic novels, but I really like the Fables series.

Walking Dead was a poor man's adventure game. I guess interactive graphic novel might be a better label. But that game wasn't exactly interactive either.

Forgetting even the story of The Wolf Among Us, I would hope it's not as linear or simple as that one.

Walking Dead was a poor man's adventure game. I guess interactive graphic novel might be a better label. But that game wasn't exactly interactive either.

Forgetting even the story of The Wolf Among Us, I would hope it's not as linear or simple as that one.

It is pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Spent a solid 4-5 hours on Last of Us yesterday and am just not getting into it.

I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the campaign but I am not feeling invested with any of these characters and it is so linear. I feel like I am watching a movie where I have to point and shoot something every few minutes.

Spent a solid 4-5 hours on Last of Us yesterday and am just not getting into it.

I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the campaign but I am not feeling invested with any of these characters and it is so linear. I feel like I am watching a movie where I have to point and shoot something every few minutes.

Common complaint with that game; However I really loved that game. Can't say my favourite thing about it without spoiling it though other than the game teaches life lessons. I can always picture Joel saying "You always find something to fight for" which is so true.

As for this thread, just beat Metro 2033: Redux and loved it. 8/10.

It had some really odd AI at times and a few weird glitches but nothing totally overwhelming. Scared me a few times and was very suspenseful.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 8.75/10

I feel it was a more than solid game. While it didn't entirely go back to its roots, it did enough to create an authentic Splinter Cell experience. I don't have the energy to give it a full wall of text review. Maybe later.

It didn't bore me, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype IMO. The multiplayer on the other hand has me completely hooked. If Destiny didn't come out next week I could certainly go a month or two just on this.

Destiny: 7/10

Basically, if I wasn't playing with friends I would have traded it back in halfway through the Moon area. The story is garbage, the gameplay repetitive, and the enemy AI is recycled. Only thing going for it are the graphics and the fact that it's the only FPS out there right now that has SOME kind of innovation going on in terms of utilizing next gen features. The companion app in particular is a really nice feature.

I get that there are bigger, badder enemies in future raids/ strikes but they're all going to be the same. Out tank the hordes of minions for god knows how long then lay into the bullet sponge of a boss. Finish mission, take shitty rewards, rinse repeat. I'm not that keen on the PvP either, has the been there done that vibe with me along with it CRAWLING with l33t 5n1p3r wannabes using hunters.

Anywho, from what I've seen online as well it's really a toss up for most people. Definitely try it at a friends or rent it before investing in this game.

• 3 months later...

Telltale just released two more game series. Episode One for Game of Thrones, and Episode One for their Borderlands series. Both completely different and both a ton of fun.

GoT carries the same tenseness that the books do. You play three different characters (siblings) from House Forrester. Very well written and the voice work is phenomenal. Some of the characters from the HBO series show up as well. Cersei is fantastic when she shows up.

As for Borderlands, completely different pacing than GoT. You play two different characters, both who's paths intersect very quickly. Very clever, funny, and terrifically acted.

Both solid 9.5/10.

Telltale just released two more game series. Episode One for Game of Thrones, and Episode One for their Borderlands series. Both completely different and both a ton of fun.

GoT carries the same tenseness that the books do. You play three different characters (siblings) from House Forrester. Very well written and the voice work is phenomenal. Some of the characters from the HBO series show up as well. Cersei is fantastic when she shows up.

As for Borderlands, completely different pacing than GoT. You play two different characters, both who's paths intersect very quickly. Very clever, funny, and terrifically acted.

Both solid 9.5/10.

I just don't care enough for the Borderlands characters to consider buying a Telltale game of it.

The GoT one though, I can highly recommend it. It's pretty cool how some of the voice actors from the show participated at well. Cersei, Tyrion, Ramsey, Margaery I think are the 4.

Archived