The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Hunts Goat

Angry Goose

http://www.sportsnet..._mountain_goat/

booth_640_640.jpg

Ok. I'm going to say out right that a) I don't eat non human animals; b ) I take non human animal ethics very seriously (I have a masters degree in philosophy on this very topic) & c) I'm a big fan of David Booth the hockey player. Further, I am not absolutely against hunting. There can be good reasons for it i.e. necessary wildlife management. So there are exceptions to the rule.

HOWEVER, as much as I don't want to dislike what Booth has done, I can't help but say that his reasoning just doesn't work, ethically speaking. Sure, hunting goats may be challenging but why should we care about that? Of course it is a thrill for the hunters, but what about the interests of the animals themselves? Don't they count for something Booth? Or is it all about human interests only?

This isn't intended to be a hater thread. It's too bad for the goat is all I'm saying. Would much rather hockey started (might keep Booth away from his 'hobby'). I find it ironic that as much of this bugs me I still would completely support Booth as a hockey player. I do wonder where Booth draws the line though.....

START THE SEASON!!! END THE MASSACRE (note: sarcasm)

***EDIT*** 14/10/12

Thought I should add a few posts which display a lack of reasoning. If anyone wants to specifically address me on a point related, feel free to do so. I will try my best to address any direct responses.

i believe we have a cannibal here friends stay clear

http://www.sportsnet..._mountain_goat/

booth_640_640.jpg

Ok. I'm going to say out right that a) I don't eat non human animals; b ) I take non human animal ethics very seriously (I have a masters degree in philosophy on this very topic) & c) I'm a big fan of David Booth the hockey player. Further, I am not absolutely against hunting. There can be good reasons for it i.e. necessary wildlife management. So there are exceptions to the rule.

HOWEVER, as much as I don't want to dislike what Booth has done, I can't help but say that his reasoning just doesn't work, ethically speaking. Sure, hunting goats may be challenging but why should we care about that? Of course it is a thrill for the hunters, but what about the interests of the animals themselves? Don't they count for something Booth? Or is it all about human interests only?

This isn't intended to be a hater thread. It's too bad for the goat is all I'm saying. Would much rather hockey started (might keep Booth away from his 'hobby'). I find it ironic that as much of this bugs me I still would completely support Booth as a hockey player. I do wonder where Booth draws the line though.....

START THE SEASON!!! END THE MASSACRE (note: sarcasm)

Anyways, I don't have a problem with hunting. I have never hunted myself nor do I plan to, but I believe in the right to hunt animals (within reason, of course).

Why is hunting and killing a mountain goat for food and trophy not okay but raising and slaughtering cattle for meat and leather okay?

I don't get why people are so outraged over stuff like this ...

Archived