The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Hunts Goat

Angry Goose

What's the deal with people shunning hunting? There's nothing wrong with going to a McDonalds, but you don't like it when someone hunts? Sure, he probably won't eat the animal.. I mean who would wanna eat a goat, but I don't see the world being damaged because of this. lol All I see is your little wee feelings being hurt because there's one less goat in the world.

EDIT: By the way, the Sedin twins are gonna be G.O.A.T's, maybe we can get Booth to hunt them next? :lol:

Not eating non human animals does not logically entail eating human animals (we are animals too right). That is like saying because I don't eat appples which are fruit, then I must eat oranges which are fruit. I could not eat both, which is entirely possible. In other words, cannibalism simply doesn't follow, and for the record I don't eat humans.......sometimes.

What's the deal with people shunning hunting? There's nothing wrong with going to a McDonalds, but you don't like it when someone hunts? Sure, he probably won't eat the animal.. I mean who would wanna eat a goat, but I don't see the world being damaged because of this. lol All I see is your little wee feelings being hurt because there's one less goat in the world.

EDIT: By the way, the Sedin twins are gonna be G.O.A.T's, maybe we can get Booth to hunt them next? :lol:

He's a multi millionaire who works for an extremely public organization. He has an agent and management team that probably watch him like a hawk (one that he wishes he could shoot)

I'm not a vegetarian or anything, but his redneck behaviour does disturb me. Like Deb highlighted, the whole posing with dead animals and plastering it all over twitter (or whatever) does seem a bit crass and selfish... an attitude issue that could also explain his approach to how he plays hockey.

The other day my dentist was prattling on about his hunting trips coming up, and I wanted to tell him to be quiet. I don't care if he does it, but he should know that it's a sensitive subject for some, and I certainly don't want to hear it. Just because I'm a rugged, good looking young man doesn't mean I'm into that stuff!

Hunt if you want (I guess...), but keep it to yourself.

Well, when you see guys like Bieksa and the twins working to improve their game and try and do something for the community. Its hard to look at this and not think, really you want me to support you in this lockout dispute?

I also have a hard time believing that he is going to eat that goat. You never hear people saying "come over to my place for some Mountain Goat tonight" Wouldn't think it would be anything but really gamy meat considering their diet.

Well, when you see guys like Bieksa and the twins working to improve their game and try and do something for the community. Its hard to look at this and not think, really you want me to support you in this lockout dispute?

I also have a hard time believing that he is going to eat that goat. You never hear people saying "come over to my place for some Mountain Goat tonight" Wouldn't think it would be anything but really gamy meat considering their diet.

Now if we could only get the militant animal rights activists on this forum to keep their extremist views to themselves as well, we'd be all set. I find them far more annoying than someone doing a legal activity that humans have been doing since the dawn of our existence.

Also, if someone talking about a subject you're not interested in is so traumatic for you, perhaps you should have gone ahead and told the dentist--if it was that big of a deal.

Crying or speaking out against this is almost as uncomfortable as talking about religion, being gay, or black, or whatever else nobody cares about on a hockey related website.

It is a far cry from all the frappuccino tree hugging vegans of Vancouver, but he likes it, so leave him alone, the whole world cant possibly be as cool as you.

I don't have a problem with hunting. What I do have a problem with is the fact that this guy has apparently forgotten how to be a professional hockey player. Players around the league are practicing, skating with teammates, going to Europe to play, while this monkey is out shooting goats.

1. Actually I'd argue you made it more confusing than it has to be.

2. In an average conversation someone would say "they don't eat meat" or "they don't eat animals".

3. I'm sure you had some weird ideological reason for saying "non-human animals" but I certainly wouldn't be arguing that your uncommon phraseology makes things any less confusing.

Here is the issue I have with this issue. And yes I fish. The first issue with animals such as this is that they are rare to behold, so removing one so others can not share the joy in seeing them is selfish. The comment about ego stroking is correct. Booth gets great enjoyment from killing it, well a lot of people get enjoyment from seeing it alive in it's natural habitat. The joy of one does not over ride the joy of many.

But here is my real issue with this.

This guy is an overpaid floater that plays softer than he should or is expected of him. It seems we need to put a can of meat inside the net so maybe he will start to go there more often. Can someone please make a pic of that!!!

The fact that he is an overpaid floater when we are in dire need of a power forward means this guy is on the bubble with me. His salary hit could be used somewhere more effective. His quote with 5 games remaining in the season when he stated "I realize that I need to start using my body more and play more aggressively"....no S*&T SHERLOCK, took you this long to figure it out?

So when he seems to shows moronic tendency and obvious disregard to sensibilities I start to think this guy is not the sharpest mind in the sandbox plus compound his salary to point ratio and soft play to me equals that he has to go. We need a power forward and he is clearly not earning his money.

What ever Gillis said publicly I would bet that a conversation about possible PR skills happened and his disregard to that conversation proves ego over team. Large part of the greatness of our Canucks are there community involvement A player flaunting his actions that divide opinion on such a sensitive topic in our community diminishes his ability to represent the Canucks.

One might say he didn't expect the negative backlash after the first incident, but he should have smartened up and not re-tweeted the nuggent tweet and now this. Guys not to sharp or just doesnt care, either way, not good for the team. An obviously Ted Nuggent doesn't watch him play as all I see is a Floater perimeter player with size getting paid a lot of cap room to under perform.He is not using his body on the ice and not using his brain off of it.

I want a cup, Booth has had time to prove himself to be ineffective for the money, he has to go.

1. It might be confusing if you immediately jump to conclusions (and that indicates poor reasoning).

2. And your point is?

3. I don't have any ideological reason. Rather, I prefer avoiding ambiguity (look up the meaning). If you're confused, think it through. It's actually quite simple. No need to make it any more confusing then you already are making it out to be.

Archived