The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Hunts Goat

Angry Goose

First off, I would like to say, holy crap that is a huge goat.

Secondly, correcting people's jokes for logical fallacies is not funny.

Thirdly, a masters in animal ethics, or a masters in philosophy with a specialization in animal ethics, is nothing to brag about. Ya I am not saying you are worthless because of the degree, but don't try to pimp it out like an asshole. No one cares about your crapty arts masters. If you had a degree in animal neurology or something, and actually knew some factual information, we may have a different opinion. This is not to say your opinion is invalid, simply put, your degree does not raise you above the rest of us and is not useful information.

Forth, anything under 2 metric tonnes shot with a rifle is not a challenge, end of that....now if he had killed it with a knife then I would be impressed. That said, posing with it is an asshole move (again unless you killed it with a knife or a stick or something). Also, killing mammals/birds for fun is a bit fracked up. If you enjoy the thrill of the chase, etc, that is fine. But enjoying the actual moment of impact is a little disturbing.

Fifth, am I the only one who does not like black bear meat?

Sixth, even vegans kill animals due to farming practices, both traditional and modern (especially if you eat grains, rodent holocaust there), so get over yourself.

Seventh (Pre-emptive), no I do not hunt, I consider it a waste of my time and I outsource that activity. That being said you bet your ass I would hunt if I had too (or I would at least try to..).

Edit: On another note, there is not "food chain". Most ecosystems are far more complicated then that. It would be more accurate to call us an apex predator, even if only a handful of members of the species actually formally fit that definition.

I'm always surprised when a conservation officer says " The cougar mistook the child for prey" after a cougar attack.

There was no mistake, a kid or an innattentive adult are prey to a cougar.

Opposable thumbs are our big equalizers with the animal world.

Forth, anything under 2 metric tonnes shot with a rifle is not a challenge, end of that....now if he had killed it with a knife then I would be impressed. That said, posing with it is an asshole move (again unless you killed it with a knife or a stick or something).

(2) I was merely pointing out why people were reacting the way they did. And actually most people who mentioned the cannibal thing were clearly joking in my view, I doubt they seriously were accusing you of being a cannibal. You're getting too worked up over nothing if you think they meant anything beyond jest--your quoting them certainly seems to hint at that.

Anyone that kills for trophy or enjoyment is a immoral douche-nozzle and doesn't deserve any respect for doing so. The way Booth 'hunts' he'd be better off just going to the zoo, shooting some animal or finding a barrel, loading it up with fish and tossing in a grenade. He's pathetic and so are all trophy hunters.

Anyone that kills for trophy or enjoyment is a immoral douche-nozzle and doesn't deserve any respect for doing so. The way Booth 'hunts' he'd be better off just going to the zoo, shooting some animal or finding a barrel, loading it up with fish and tossing in a grenade. He's pathetic and so are all trophy hunters.

Like Booth really cares if vegans criticize him? Of course he doesn't. He's doing whats legal so the reality is all this hoopla about him legally hunting a goat is wasted breath. Seriously, if it bothers people that much the reality is changing the laws that allow it would be more effective. Until then its like anyone of us who has a hobby. He's going to keep doing it. As long as its legal how are they going to stop him? They aren't.

We've got so many bigger problems like shark-finning, bullying in schools and whales getting killed and people are crying over one legally killed goat... yawn, no wonder kids are getting their asses beat down in school, sharks are sinking to the bottom of the ocean without their fins and whales keep getting chopped up all over the world. Small minds produce small results... or in this case no results. and this will come up again when he LEGALLY kills another animal... solving nothing.

I doubt Booth really is looking for anyone's respect for hunting. He enjoys it personally and he's stated he eats the animals for food.

I'm not sure what you were exactly getting at with the "he's better off shooting animals at the zoo" comment, but obviously shooting defenseless animals involves far less risk. If you were implying hunting is easy like shooting defenseless animals at the zoo, you'd be wrong. You can miss your shot, you can have your weapon jam, you can trip, you can get surprised etc. Hunting is actually fairly dangerous compared to other ways of getting meat.

I'd say Booth is more brave than the average meat eater for killing large game with a bow for food. I don't really gain or lose respect for him either way for his hobby.

As much as I hate the sight or thought of any wild animal being killed or in pain, I don't feel any anger towards people who kill them using guns because I figure I would much rather die by a bullet than being mauled by another animal predator.

Nature is such a cruel bit*h that dying by a bullet is a blessing IMO.

As much as I hate the sight or thought of any wild animal being killed or in pain, I don't feel any anger towards people who kill them using guns because I figure I would much rather die by a bullet than being mauled by another animal predator.

Nature is such a cruel bit*h that dying by a bullet is a blessing IMO.

By that logic then you wouldn't mind if someone shoots you in your prime, because it'd be better than dying of some old age affliction, or disease that you may or may not get, or some random accident, or kidney, liver, heart, failure, or pretty much any other end of life natural causes.

It'd be a similar blessing, no?

I believe it will be due to lack of common sense.

I'm sure there are plenty of pro athletes who hunt. Not too many post pics and vids of their hunts on the Internet. It's the wrong thing to do in this market. Vancouver is the most liberal city in Canada. This won't fly here.

Of Course the organisation says it acceptable. I would say the same thing if I was mgmt.

I never mentioned anything about old age afflictions or anything like that, just that I'd rather die by a bullet than being mauled by a predator which I'm guessing without any sort of stats is pretty likely to happen to a wild animal.

You have a point about random accidents though, which can be gruesome but again without having stats it seems like it's far more likely for a wild animal to get eaten by predators than for you or I do die a horrific death.

Nucks need to bear bait the opposition's net so he may finally go there.

Guys overpaid, ineffective, doesnt hit, doesnt drive the net. 30 points 62 games 4.25 mil for 3 more years.

No, just No. Got to go. Cup please.

If he was a true power forward getting 70 to 80 points then I would be more upset at his stupidity. But the fact he is a bum. Ship him out to be some other teams overpaid PR nightmare.

Archived