The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Hunts Goat

Angry Goose

Anyways, I don't have a problem with hunting. I have never hunted myself nor do I plan to, but I believe in the right to hunt animals (within reason, of course).

Why is hunting and killing a mountain goat for food and trophy not okay but raising and slaughtering cattle for meat and leather okay?

I don't get why people are so outraged over stuff like this ...

Well, when you see guys like Bieksa and the twins working to improve their game and try and do something for the community. Its hard to look at this and not think, really you want me to support you in this lockout dispute?

I also have a hard time believing that he is going to eat that goat. You never hear people saying "come over to my place for some Mountain Goat tonight" Wouldn't think it would be anything but really gamy meat considering their diet.

But "come over and eat these steaks from this meat factory that processes 4700 (yes, four thousand, seven hundred. XL Foods) cows per day" (!!!) is fine?

Like, even if he didn't eat it, even if he just got it for the trophy ... it's such an inconsequential impact on ... everything ...

That's great that Bieksa and friends are doing charity games and showing up at junior practices and such, but that's their choice. If your co-workers go out and do charity work with their free time, does it make you a bad person if you pursue your hobbies and interests instead? Give me a break ...

Sorry, Silly Goose, but as a wildlife photographer, I know that the Oreamnos americanus - otherwise known as the mountain goat is not on the IUCN Redlist (Endangered) or Yellow List (At Risk). It may be disturbing to see a majestic animal like the mountain goat lying on it's side expired, but frankly with at 100,000 examples, there is enough genetic diversity to still be able to recover this animal.

Even the North American Black Bear that Booth baited and shot, was also not on the IUCN Red LIst. The population is stable and the reproduction rates are steady.

If you want to get really pissed off about something wait until he kills something that is on the IUCN Red List and then we can really crucify him with justification.

vegetarians are dumb. eat according to your biology.

also, what makes eating an animal so much worse than eating a plant? both are alive, and eating plants is worse for the planet than eating animals (since plants produce oxygen while animals deplete it).

Anyways, I don't have a problem with hunting. I have never hunted myself nor do I plan to, but I believe in the right to hunt animals (within reason, of course).

Why is hunting and killing a mountain goat for food and trophy not okay but raising and slaughtering cattle for meat and leather okay?

I don't get why people are so outraged over stuff like this ...

vegetarians are dumb. eat according to your biology.

also, what makes eating an animal so much worse than eating a plant? both are alive, and eating plants is worse for the planet than eating animals (since plants produce oxygen while animals deplete it).

Ok. I'm going to say out right that a) I don't eat non human animals; b ) I take non human animal ethics very seriously (I have a masters degree in philosophy on this very topic) & c) I'm a big fan of David Booth the hockey player. Further, I am not absolutely against hunting. There can be good reasons for it i.e. necessary wildlife management. So there are exceptions to the rule.

Archived