The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Hunts Goat

Angry Goose

Anyways, I don't have a problem with hunting. I have never hunted myself nor do I plan to, but I believe in the right to hunt animals (within reason, of course).

Why is hunting and killing a mountain goat for food and trophy not okay but raising and slaughtering cattle for meat and leather okay?

I don't get why people are so outraged over stuff like this ...

Who. gives. a. flying. ****?!?!?!?! I'm freaking sick of these "err mahh gerdzz! Booth is an animal hater, he killz animalz!! D:<" threads. Like really... It'd be different if he killed a Unicorn or something, but thats not the case here.

Thanks for that brilliant contribution.

You guys need to get over it.. its a frackin goat... Its not like hes hunting your sister..

If you dont like it then dont watch or pay attention to it. Its perfectly legal for a reason, you dont know his intentions. Perhaps he donates all the meat to starving homless children, perhaps he eats it, perhaps he leaves the dead goat there and takes its head

I DO NO CARE, And nor should you.

The reason Booth is bragging about the "rarity of the kill" is not because these goats are IUCN Red or Yellow List but because the process of hunting Mountain Goats is often too much for the average person to endure. For Booth, it seems to be more than just "sensless killing". He enjoys the thrill of the hunt, communing with nature, testing one's ability to perservere through adverse natural conditions, etc. And he says he also eats all of his kills, as well. Who the hell are we to protest something so natural and inherent to the human species?

You might not agree with Booth posting pictures on Twitter but it his right to do so. For anyone who partakes in a hunting expidition; it's an accomplishment. Certainly more of an accomplishment than running down to the local supermarket and buying the meat of mistreated and often tortured cattle. Booth is prideful of his kill. It may sound barbaric but it's something that has been a part of human nature for thousands of years and is found throughout the animal kingdom.

But you don't see anyone protesting the actions of domestic house cats, Orcas, foxes, wild dogs, or weasels. Unfortuantley, the natural world is not made of marshmallows, pixy dust, and skittles.

I myself am a hunter and i can tell you for a fact that I make use of eveything from the animal and nothing goes to waste and I will not harvest anything I do not intend to enjoy consuming simply because it is a trophy. Having hunted and filled a tag in our beautiful province of BC I can tell you for a fact that what Booth has harvested is some of the finest tablefare available. some of my favourite and more memorable hunts have come when we failed to take an animal at all, its more about being outside and feeling connected to nature and enjoying quality time with friends that keeps people returnig to the woods and that seems to have been lost in recent generations. great eats are just a bonus

and for you people hating on Booth, take a look through last years behind the lens gallerys and you may be surprised which other fan favourite can be seen perusing a bc hunting magazine(hint: our very own #2)

1. Can you eat large mountain goat? Everything I've read indicates it's awful, so honestly not clear on this.

2. "I DO NOT CARE, And nor should you." Because we all should follow your lead and do what you do? I highly doubt it and we're all capable of deciding what we do/don't care about.

"If you don't like it, don't watch". You've just helped make my point - I don't want to watch, but in moderating a hockey site I've clicked on a thread that had a picture. One that David Booth put out there for the world to see - so, by the same token, "if you don't want people to comment, don't put it out there". If he'd just go about his business of hunting then no one would notice/care/watch. But he's a high profile athlete in the spotlight who's using social media to post these trophy shots, so he's also fair game, no?

The part that bothers me isn't that David Booth killed a huge goat. It's that if that goat had killed Booth while it was being hunted it would have been tracked down and killed for being a danger to humans.

For some reason, humans think all of nature is ours to conquer.

If we hunt and society is okay with it, also be okay with it when a shark kills a human or a cougar rips a little boys scalp off. it it us infact who keep going in there environment.

The part that bothers me isn't that David Booth killed a huge goat. It's that if that goat had killed Booth while it was being hunted it would have been tracked down and killed for being a danger to humans.

For some reason, humans think all of nature is ours to conquer.

If we hunt and society is okay with it, also be okay with it when a shark kills a human or a cougar rips a little boys scalp off. it it us infact who keep going in there environment.

I guarantee you he eats it, hes not just killing for the sake of killing. My dad and uncle hunted all the time when they were younger and ive eaten bear, venison, moose, elk, mountain lamb/goat. Lol you people are naive and blind

And all of the above are delicious if cooked right

I guarantee you he eats it, hes not just killing for the sake of killing. My dad and uncle hunted all the time when they were younger and ive eaten bear, venison, moose, elk, mountain lamb/goat. Lol you people are naive and blind

And all of the above are delicious if cooked right

Archived