The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Hunts Goat

Angry Goose

But "come over and eat these steaks from this meat factory that processes 4700 (yes, four thousand, seven hundred. XL Foods) cows per day" (!!!) is fine?

Like, even if he didn't eat it, even if he just got it for the trophy ... it's such an inconsequential impact on ... everything ...

That's great that Bieksa and friends are doing charity games and showing up at junior practices and such, but that's their choice. If your co-workers go out and do charity work with their free time, does it make you a bad person if you pursue your hobbies and interests instead? Give me a break ...

He's a hunter. He likes to hunt. He likes to show off his feats on twitter. Yes, he's in the spotlight and is considered to be a celebrity in this town... but he's not gonna live his life to please the fans. There is an unfollow button for a reason.

I'm impressed with his kills. Some pretty awesome pictures actually. The one with his pet pig trumps them all though.

1. Can you eat large mountain goat? Everything I've read indicates it's awful, so honestly not clear on this.

2. "I DO NOT CARE, And nor should you." Because we all should follow your lead and do what you do? I highly doubt it and we're all capable of deciding what we do/don't care about.

"If you don't like it, don't watch". You've just helped make my point - I don't want to watch, but in moderating a hockey site I've clicked on a thread that had a picture. One that David Booth put out there for the world to see - so, by the same token, "if you don't want people to comment, don't put it out there". If he'd just go about his business of hunting then no one would notice/care/watch. But he's a high profile athlete in the spotlight who's using social media to post these trophy shots, so he's also fair game, no?

That and whether the meat was consumed is the ONLY points that can be questioned. I don't agree with baiting, but I believe nearly ALL hunters eat their kills.

I am not sure why you going on record that he won't be here makes it any more likely.

Yet, the majority of Canadians have no problem sinking their teeth in a burger packed with meat from an animal that was bread specifically to die.

Human beings have been using bait for thousands of years. Hell, what's difference between bear bating and chuming or groundbating? Are fish not as cute?

No one suggested my friends trophy hunt, but they don't eat all the meat. It's impossible to eat all that meat.

I would never slap any of my friends. They are my friends, I respect them. I will slap someone if they told me to slap one of my friends to my face. My slaps hurt.

My freezers are always filled, regardless of my friends hunting or not.

I don't have a problem with hunting. What I do have a problem with is the fact that this guy has apparently forgotten how to be a professional hockey player. Players around the league are practicing, skating with teammates, going to Europe to play, while this monkey is out shooting goats.

Archived