Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Why aren't Wolves games on SportsNet or 1040?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Am I alone here in that I could give two rats behinds what Calgary's farm team does. But 1040 is going to make sure we all have front row seats to all the Heat's games whether we like it or not.

I just do not get that decision from our "official" Canuck radio station to rather broadcast Flames games. Then there's the TV. Why not, during the lock out, show as many games possible of the Chicago Wolves in place of Canuck games. I'd love to follow the baby Canucks like Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder and Lack. It would be a distant second to the NHL, but at least we could cheer for our prospects and rookies and watch their development. Take advantage of the situation and get an insight into the farm team dynamic.

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

A lot of people are fans of the Heat because they're a lower mainland team. You should look past the fact that they are a part of the Flames organization, considering the Flames won't even be playing this year.

It's professional hockey, be grateful.

/=S=/

#3 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

A lot of people are fans of the Heat because they're a lower mainland team. You should look past the fact that they are a part of the Flames organization, considering the Flames won't even be playing this year.

I'm an Wolves guy
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

I understand its professional hockey and if I lived in Abbotsford I'd be grateful. In Vancouver, I'd be happy watching the Giants if I wanted live hockey, even though its a more minor league. On TV I'd rather be able to watch a team more closely related to the big team, one that represents all of BC. I'd like to watch Tanev and Schroeder and other top prospects. The AHL will be packed with young talent this year because of the lockout, well worth watching even Heat games. But I'd rather watch the AHL through our own junior teams play. See if Kassian can blossom into the player the Canucks wanted. Keep an eye on our future backup, Eddie Lack. Watch if Jensen can have a breakout season.
If I can't watch the main team, my second choice would be the Wolves. Each to their own.

#5 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

I agree, I'm a Wolves fan not a Heat fan.
I'll listen and watch the Wolves (is it possible?)and I have no interest in the Heat unless they're playing the Wolves.

#6 johntobes

johntobes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

I know. It's a joke. I remember when they were listing off teams to become fans of during the lockout and they kept mentioning these random teams from different leagues but not once did I hear AIK(Jensen) RedBull(Grenier) any of the NCAA teams like Maine(Hutton) Wisconsin(Labate), Harvard(McNally), Colgate(Price), Yale(Beattie), BU(Myron) or even the Wolves for that matter. It's embarrassing. Why would we support the Heat? They're flames prospects and we have plenty of other hockey options. I'd way rather watch the BCHL than the Heat. The only way I'm going to see the Heat is when the Wolves are there...Team 1040 is a joke. They never ever talk about how the prospects are doing or bring in coaches or gms of the prospects teams and ask them how they're doing. It'd be nice to get Mike Eaves on the radio the coach of Labate or Scott Arniel.....

#7 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

I had a dream last night and the season started and the Canucks were playing their 2nd game and the starting goalie was Johnny Lac. Spelt exactly like that in my dream, no joke.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#8 Jammert

Jammert

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Just so you know you won't get to watch much Jensen since he's playing in Sweden. AIK Elitserien

#9 VanCity12

VanCity12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Next Saturday you can watch the Wolves and Abby on Snet1
Come to the Canucks Chatroom

Join the Canucks Chatroom

RULES: No repetitive CAPS, No Advertising. No Stream Links. No Racism. No Religion. Please keep the chat to hockey talk during the game and keep the channel PG.

#10 Cimmanon

Cimmanon

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Just so you know you won't get to watch much Jensen since he's playing in Sweden. AIK Elitserien

You can watch him if you go to www.livetv.ru

#11 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

I know. It's a joke. I remember when they were listing off teams to become fans of during the lockout and they kept mentioning these random teams from different leagues but not once did I hear AIK(Jensen) RedBull(Grenier) any of the NCAA teams like Maine(Hutton) Wisconsin(Labate), Harvard(McNally), Colgate(Price), Yale(Beattie), BU(Myron) or even the Wolves for that matter. It's embarrassing. Why would we support the Heat? They're flames prospects and we have plenty of other hockey options. I'd way rather watch the BCHL than the Heat. The only way I'm going to see the Heat is when the Wolves are there...Team 1040 is a joke. They never ever talk about how the prospects are doing or bring in coaches or gms of the prospects teams and ask them how they're doing. It'd be nice to get Mike Eaves on the radio the coach of Labate or Scott Arniel.....

This.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#12 Kimber86

Kimber86

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

reading this thread makes me sick. I now realize why ppl think Vancouver fans are the worst. Look I love the Canucks in the NHL. I love the Heat in the AHL. When and if the players from the Heat move up to the NHL i will root for them too. If the Heat players make it to Calgary I will still root for them, however, when they face the Canucks I hope that the Heat players do well but lose to the Canucks by 1. I consider myself a fan of the Sport of Hockey and not just a Canucks fan.

Its easy to root for the Giants because WHL team have no affiliation with NHL teams, people root for them cuz they're local. Just because the Heat are affiliated with Calgary doesn't mean we should leave them to the wayside, they're still a local team that needs support. If you ever think the Canucks will move to Abbotsford when the Heat are a failing franchise you are dreaming. Support the Heat in hopes that Vancouver will eventually move their team here.

#13 skeena1

skeena1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Pretty sure the Wolves don't broadcast their games on radio.

#14 WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

The Wolves do not have a radio broadcast simply because they are the only AHL team that televises most of their schedule, home and away, so the money is better spent on TV only. There is a free audio feed at www.ahllive.com
I like beer. And hockey.

#15 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

They should put them on the radio actually. But, yeah get Heat games on, I'd like that.
Posted Image

#16 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

I understand its professional hockey and if I lived in Abbotsford I'd be grateful. In Vancouver, I'd be happy watching the Giants if I wanted live hockey, even though its a more minor league. On TV I'd rather be able to watch a team more closely related to the big team, one that represents all of BC.  I'd like to watch Tanev and Schroeder and other top prospects. The AHL will be packed with young talent this year because of the lockout, well worth watching even Heat games. But I'd rather watch the AHL through our own junior teams play. See if Kassian can blossom into the player the Canucks wanted. Keep an eye on our future backup, Eddie Lack. Watch if Jensen can have a breakout season.
If I can't watch the main team, my second choice would be the Wolves. Each to their own.

No matter what, you won't be seeing Jensen. A real fan would know that.

#17 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

reading this thread makes me sick. I now realize why ppl think Vancouver fans are the worst. Look I love the Canucks in the NHL. I love the Heat in the AHL. When and if the players from the Heat move up to the NHL i will root for them too. If the Heat players make it to Calgary I will still root for them, however, when they face the Canucks I hope that the Heat players do well but lose to the Canucks by 1. I consider myself a fan of the Sport of Hockey and not just a Canucks fan.

Its easy to root for the Giants because WHL team have no affiliation with NHL teams, people root for them cuz they're local. Just because the Heat are affiliated with Calgary doesn't mean we should leave them to the wayside, they're still a local team that needs support. If you ever think the Canucks will move to Abbotsford when the Heat are a failing franchise you are dreaming. Support the Heat in hopes that Vancouver will eventually move their team here.

Their has already been news surrounding the purchase of the Abby franchise by the Aquilini family. I'm almost posititive that having the Canucks prospects play here locally will mean a better draw at the gates. It's very apparent that most of the lower mainland are Canuck fans and don't want to be bothered watching the Heat because of their ties too the Flames. I for one only go when Chicago is in town, because of that same fact, I'm a loyal Canuck fan. I like Hockey aswell and will watch on T.V when other teams play aswell.
:towel:

#18 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

The Wolves do not have a radio broadcast simply because they are the only AHL team that televises most of their schedule, home and away, so the money is better spent on TV only. There is a free audio feed at www.ahllive.com

So the TV games are there to be bought. Lets do it SportNet!

Thanks for that tip about the free audio.

Next Saturday you can watch the Wolves and Abby on Snet1

Thanks, I'll be watching.

I'm not saying its a bad thing to follow the Heat and their players. If thats what you want to do. I may do that myself if I lived in Abbotsford.....or I was a closet Flames fan.

But if there was a choice I'd rather keep close with the Canucks farm team. I'd rather hear that free audio feed link on 1040 of the Wolves TV games than the Heat play by play. And I'd like to watch more Wolves games on TV. That has nothing to do with the Heat. I'd just like to take advantage of this lockout and get to know our up and coming prospects. Not just hear their stats, but actually watch them develop in front of my very eyes. Without the Canucks games on there could be an opportunity to do that.

No matter what, you won't be seeing Jensen. A real fan would know that.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know that a real fan can't make a mistake.

Edited by kilgore, 17 October 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#19 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

I like to see all the Canadian teams do well. I cheer for the Flames and Oilers et al. I don't even get the whole Flames/Canucks rivalry. Karlsson in OTT is one of my favourite players in the entire league.

But I have ZERO interest in watching on TV or listening to any of those teams' farm teams on the radio.

The other day I watched the Marlies vs Bulldogs game on SportsNet only because I'm interested in seeing some of the young players in TML system because of Lu to TML rumors.

I would listen to Wolves games on the radio. I don't care for the Abby Heat.

#20 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I like to see all the Canadian teams do well. I cheer for the Flames and Oilers et al. I don't even get the whole Flames/Canucks rivalry. Karlsson in OTT is one of my favourite players in the entire league.

But I have ZERO interest in watching on TV or listening to any of those teams' farm teams on the radio.

The other day I watched the Marlies vs Bulldogs game on SportsNet only because I'm interested in seeing some of the young players in TML system because of Lu to TML rumors.

I would listen to Wolves games on the radio. I don't care for the Abby Heat.

I usually take a gander at other teams farm teams - I watched the first period of the Marlies and Americans (Sabres) last week; and then went to the Wolves/Heat game on Saturday.

But after watching the game live, it only reaffirmed that I couldn't care less about the Heat.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.