The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why aren't Wolves games on SportsNet or 1040?

alt kilgore

Am I alone here in that I could give two rats behinds what Calgary's farm team does. But 1040 is going to make sure we all have front row seats to all the Heat's games whether we like it or not.

I just do not get that decision from our "official" Canuck radio station to rather broadcast Flames games. Then there's the TV. Why not, during the lock out, show as many games possible of the Chicago Wolves in place of Canuck games. I'd love to follow the baby Canucks like Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder and Lack. It would be a distant second to the NHL, but at least we could cheer for our prospects and rookies and watch their development. Take advantage of the situation and get an insight into the farm team dynamic.

A lot of people are fans of the Heat because they're a lower mainland team. You should look past the fact that they are a part of the Flames organization, considering the Flames won't even be playing this year.

It's professional hockey, be grateful.

I know. It's a joke. I remember when they were listing off teams to become fans of during the lockout and they kept mentioning these random teams from different leagues but not once did I hear AIK(Jensen) RedBull(Grenier) any of the NCAA teams like Maine(Hutton) Wisconsin(Labate), Harvard(McNally), Colgate(Price), Yale(Beattie), BU(Myron) or even the Wolves for that matter. It's embarrassing. Why would we support the Heat? They're flames prospects and we have plenty of other hockey options. I'd way rather watch the BCHL than the Heat. The only way I'm going to see the Heat is when the Wolves are there...Team 1040 is a joke. They never ever talk about how the prospects are doing or bring in coaches or gms of the prospects teams and ask them how they're doing. It'd be nice to get Mike Eaves on the radio the coach of Labate or Scott Arniel.....

I know. It's a joke. I remember when they were listing off teams to become fans of during the lockout and they kept mentioning these random teams from different leagues but not once did I hear AIK(Jensen) RedBull(Grenier) any of the NCAA teams like Maine(Hutton) Wisconsin(Labate), Harvard(McNally), Colgate(Price), Yale(Beattie), BU(Myron) or even the Wolves for that matter. It's embarrassing. Why would we support the Heat? They're flames prospects and we have plenty of other hockey options. I'd way rather watch the BCHL than the Heat. The only way I'm going to see the Heat is when the Wolves are there...Team 1040 is a joke. They never ever talk about how the prospects are doing or bring in coaches or gms of the prospects teams and ask them how they're doing. It'd be nice to get Mike Eaves on the radio the coach of Labate or Scott Arniel.....

reading this thread makes me sick. I now realize why ppl think Vancouver fans are the worst. Look I love the Canucks in the NHL. I love the Heat in the AHL. When and if the players from the Heat move up to the NHL i will root for them too. If the Heat players make it to Calgary I will still root for them, however, when they face the Canucks I hope that the Heat players do well but lose to the Canucks by 1. I consider myself a fan of the Sport of Hockey and not just a Canucks fan.

Its easy to root for the Giants because WHL team have no affiliation with NHL teams, people root for them cuz they're local. Just because the Heat are affiliated with Calgary doesn't mean we should leave them to the wayside, they're still a local team that needs support. If you ever think the Canucks will move to Abbotsford when the Heat are a failing franchise you are dreaming. Support the Heat in hopes that Vancouver will eventually move their team here.

I understand its professional hockey and if I lived in Abbotsford I'd be grateful. In Vancouver, I'd be happy watching the Giants if I wanted live hockey, even though its a more minor league. On TV I'd rather be able to watch a team more closely related to the big team, one that represents all of BC.  I'd like to watch Tanev and Schroeder and other top prospects. The AHL will be packed with young talent this year because of the lockout, well worth watching even Heat games. But I'd rather watch the AHL through our own junior teams play. See if Kassian can blossom into the player the Canucks wanted. Keep an eye on our future backup, Eddie Lack. Watch if Jensen can have a breakout season.

If I can't watch the main team, my second choice would be the Wolves. Each to their own.

reading this thread makes me sick. I now realize why ppl think Vancouver fans are the worst. Look I love the Canucks in the NHL. I love the Heat in the AHL. When and if the players from the Heat move up to the NHL i will root for them too. If the Heat players make it to Calgary I will still root for them, however, when they face the Canucks I hope that the Heat players do well but lose to the Canucks by 1. I consider myself a fan of the Sport of Hockey and not just a Canucks fan.

Its easy to root for the Giants because WHL team have no affiliation with NHL teams, people root for them cuz they're local. Just because the Heat are affiliated with Calgary doesn't mean we should leave them to the wayside, they're still a local team that needs support. If you ever think the Canucks will move to Abbotsford when the Heat are a failing franchise you are dreaming. Support the Heat in hopes that Vancouver will eventually move their team here.

I like to see all the Canadian teams do well. I cheer for the Flames and Oilers et al. I don't even get the whole Flames/Canucks rivalry. Karlsson in OTT is one of my favourite players in the entire league.

But I have ZERO interest in watching on TV or listening to any of those teams' farm teams on the radio.

The other day I watched the Marlies vs Bulldogs game on SportsNet only because I'm interested in seeing some of the young players in TML system because of Lu to TML rumors.

I would listen to Wolves games on the radio. I don't care for the Abby Heat.

I like to see all the Canadian teams do well. I cheer for the Flames and Oilers et al. I don't even get the whole Flames/Canucks rivalry. Karlsson in OTT is one of my favourite players in the entire league.

But I have ZERO interest in watching on TV or listening to any of those teams' farm teams on the radio.

The other day I watched the Marlies vs Bulldogs game on SportsNet only because I'm interested in seeing some of the young players in TML system because of Lu to TML rumors.

I would listen to Wolves games on the radio. I don't care for the Abby Heat.

Archived