The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re: My relationship with a girl

LMAO

Ehh CDC I need some thoughts and opinions of you guys to help me make a decision whether or not to date a girl I've been seeing for about 2 months now.

First off, i'll tell you a bit about her.. she's a model, absolutely gorgeous. Her personality is great and she is believe it or not, very intellectual for a model! We get along pretty well and she's the first girl in 2 years that I've actually thought of dating.

The only problem is her age.. She's 16, i'm 19..

All of my guy friends say that I should date her but all of my female friends say that she is too young... I'm really on the fence with this one...

My questions are... have any of you guys dated someone younger than you and what we're/ are your thoughts on the subject now?? Much appreciated guys!

Eh maybe sit this one out. The older you get the weirder looks you will get hanging around a high school.

It will really suck if you are going out for some drinks with your friends and you want her to come. What do you say? "I will bring you a Shirley Temple outside"

Socially you are both in different places at this point in life. It's hard to get around you are 19, out of high school, starting life as an adult, and more than likely going to be doing grown up things that kids her age can't.

If you were in some farm town 50 years ago, ok it would be more tolerable. But you aren't, and things like curfews, and school nights will become less tolerable over time.

3 years isn't a big deal if you're older, but since she is barely above the age of consent, I will say you should either wait or find someone else.

Not being able to go clubbing (legally), can't share a nice bottle of wine... you two probably can't even travel to the states together less it look suspicious.

Off to a bad start already.

i love how so many come to CDC for relationship advice.

on topic, its a 3 year difference between my boyfriend and i and we've been together for nearly 3 years, long distance might i add with visits here and there, the clubbing and drinking hasnt ever really been an issue as he rarely drinks and has only been to a club once or twice and im on the other side of the country anyway, he's moving here next year and ill be 19 next november so it works out perfectly. :)

go for it.

Ehh CDC I need some thoughts and opinions of you guys to help me make a decision whether or not to date a girl I've been seeing for about 2 months now.

First off, i'll tell you a bit about her.. she's a model, absolutely gorgeous. Her personality is great and she is believe it or not, very intellectual for a model! We get along pretty well and she's the first girl in 2 years that I've actually thought of dating.

The only problem is her age.. She's 16, i'm 19..

All of my guy friends say that I should date her but all of my female friends say that she is too young... I'm really on the fence with this one...

My questions are... have any of you guys dated someone younger than you and what we're/ are your thoughts on the subject now?? Much appreciated guys!

Archived