Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Re: My relationship with a girl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#1 LMAO

LMAO

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Ehh CDC I need some thoughts and opinions of you guys to help me make a decision whether or not to date a girl I've been seeing for about 2 months now.
First off, i'll tell you a bit about her.. she's a model, absolutely gorgeous. Her personality is great and she is believe it or not, very intellectual for a model! We get along pretty well and she's the first girl in 2 years that I've actually thought of dating.
The only problem is her age.. She's 16, i'm 19..
All of my guy friends say that I should date her but all of my female friends say that she is too young... I'm really on the fence with this one...
My questions are... have any of you guys dated someone younger than you and what we're/ are your thoughts on the subject now?? Much appreciated guys!
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Kanyeezzzy and Burreeezzzy"

#2 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

My mom is 37, and my dad is 40. What is the difference? Age doesn't define love, maturity.

My mom is 37, and my dad is 40. What is the difference? Age doesn't define love, nor maturity.

Edited by Wizdom, 14 October 2012 - 02:13 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Well it's legal.
That being said, if you really like her that much there shouldn't be anything holding you back.

Edited by Jagermeister, 14 October 2012 - 02:12 AM.

Jagermeister.jpg

#4 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Eh maybe sit this one out. The older you get the weirder looks you will get hanging around a high school.

It will really suck if you are going out for some drinks with your friends and you want her to come. What do you say? "I will bring you a Shirley Temple outside"

Socially you are both in different places at this point in life. It's hard to get around you are 19, out of high school, starting life as an adult, and more than likely going to be doing grown up things that kids her age can't.

If you were in some farm town 50 years ago, ok it would be more tolerable. But you aren't, and things like curfews, and school nights will become less tolerable over time.

Edited by Mountain Man, 14 October 2012 - 03:23 AM.

virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#5 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Just make sure about her intentions are...'model', seems like she's a bit of a attention seeker and girls her age absolutely love being around older guys and showing them around to their friends...other then that go for it.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#6 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Well it's legal.
That being said, if you really like her that much there shouldn't be anything holding you back.

Is it really legal?

I thought once a person was 19 they could only have relationships with people who were 18+

If its legal then go for it, but if I were in your position I would wait until the girl was at least close to being 18 or had been 17 for around 3-4 months.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

3 years isn't much and it'll be less and less of an issue as you age.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Is it really legal?

I thought once a person was 19 they could only have relationships with people who were 18+

If its legal then go for it, but if I were in your position I would wait until the girl was at least close to being 18 or had been 17 for around 3-4 months.

Age of consent is 16 so unless OP is her teacher, babysitter or coach...it is legal.

http://www.justice.g...in/clp/faq.html
Posted Image

#9 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

Age of consent is 16 so unless OP is her teacher, babysitter or coach...it is legal.

http://www.justice.g...in/clp/faq.html

Wow, I never knew that. I always thought once someone turns 19 they can only date or be with people who are 18+
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

3 years isn't a big deal if you're older, but since she is barely above the age of consent, I will say you should either wait or find someone else.

Not being able to go clubbing (legally), can't share a nice bottle of wine... you two probably can't even travel to the states together less it look suspicious.

Off to a bad start already.

#11 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Divide by 2 plus 7... you barely make the cut...

FULL SPEED AHEAD!

#12 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

Pulling a Jerry Lee lewis is still frowned upon.
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#13 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Go for it. Jump in with both feet if you both like each other. Just don't throw away your Astroglide.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#14 DefensivePlay

DefensivePlay

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

i love how so many come to CDC for relationship advice.

on topic, its a 3 year difference between my boyfriend and i and we've been together for nearly 3 years, long distance might i add with visits here and there, the clubbing and drinking hasnt ever really been an issue as he rarely drinks and has only been to a club once or twice and im on the other side of the country anyway, he's moving here next year and ill be 19 next november so it works out perfectly. :)

go for it.
[quote][I sent that arrow[to the]upper deck for Luc.
We talked about it and I said before the overtime that this is where legends are born. I thought about Luc and I said: Lets get the arrow up there. And I was able to get it. I knew he[Bourdon]was going to be with me and I tried to get it done. [Alexandre Burrows after scoring the OT goal in game 4 to win the game[3-2] and the series and sweep the Blues on April 21st 2009]

#15 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Good to see that them teenagers still 'date' these days.

If you won't take the next step, rest assured someone else will.
Posted Image

#16 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

You can help her with her homework.
Posted Image

#17 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,425 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Ehh CDC I need some thoughts and opinions of you guys to help me make a decision whether or not to date a girl I've been seeing for about 2 months now.
First off, i'll tell you a bit about her.. she's a model, absolutely gorgeous. Her personality is great and she is believe it or not, very intellectual for a model! We get along pretty well and she's the first girl in 2 years that I've actually thought of dating.
The only problem is her age.. She's 16, i'm 19..
All of my guy friends say that I should date her but all of my female friends say that she is too young... I'm really on the fence with this one...
My questions are... have any of you guys dated someone younger than you and what we're/ are your thoughts on the subject now?? Much appreciated guys!

3 years difference especially if she's at 16 is not that big of a deal. Anything more could be a problem though.

Don't even sweat it!

Treat her right though.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#18 CIA

CIA

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

go for it. it's only a 3yr difference. 19/2 + 7 = 16. bro code approved.

for some reason, this thread reminds me of, "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."
Posted Image

#19 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

#20 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

i'd just go for her mom

#21 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

i love how so many come to CDC for relationship advice.

on topic, its a 3 year difference between my boyfriend and i and we've been together for nearly 3 years, long distance might i add with visits here and there, the clubbing and drinking hasnt ever really been an issue as he rarely drinks and has only been to a club once or twice and im on the other side of the country anyway, he's moving here next year and ill be 19 next november so it works out perfectly. :)

go for it.

I don't understand how people can have long distance relationships... I mean, just meeting the person you love once a week (at best) isn't enough...

#22 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

If you wait, like others have suggested, she'll go for someone else instead. If it is legal, as others have said, then there's no reason to not go for it.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#23 DefensivePlay

DefensivePlay

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

I don't understand how people can have long distance relationships... I mean, just meeting the person you love once a week (at best) isn't enough...

it isnt easy, we went 14 months without any physical contact, then he came to visit for a week, another 8 months apart, 9 day visit, 9 months apart and he'll be here on the 31st of this month, and yes, we do love eachother very much.

Edited by DefensivePlay, 18 October 2012 - 01:24 AM.

[quote][I sent that arrow[to the]upper deck for Luc.
We talked about it and I said before the overtime that this is where legends are born. I thought about Luc and I said: Lets get the arrow up there. And I was able to get it. I knew he[Bourdon]was going to be with me and I tried to get it done. [Alexandre Burrows after scoring the OT goal in game 4 to win the game[3-2] and the series and sweep the Blues on April 21st 2009]

#24 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Be prepared to be called immature when you get into a fight. She's the one who has the older guy, you're the one who "has" to date someone still in high school.

Also, how can she be a model

Posted Image

#25 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'd go for it, but you know........

If ya wanna hook a brotha' up...

I'd be more than willing to date this intellectual gorgeous model of your's :emot-parrot: !

P.S~I'm 16 too
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#26 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

smh @ impossible standards

"hey guys, i'm dating this 10, and she really likes me. one problem, she's a couple years younger than me. OBVIOUSLY THIS WON'T WORK"

don't listen to your female friends, they don't know what they're talking about, and if they're trying to break up your happy relationship, you should reconsider whether or not you want to have them as friends.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#27 Kass

Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

My Ex was 16 and I am 19 it was alright, just remember that they are still quite immature and they can easily do stuff without thinking at all. My relationship ended pretty badly just because she is so young and didn't think fully before she did and said stuff. But that being said she may be completely different and is actually quite mature so who knows but people will give you and her a hard time for the first week or two but after that you are fine its more waiting for people to get use to it. Personally I see nothing wrong with it and neither does the law so its all good.

#28 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

When I was seventeen my girlfriend cheated on me and left me for a 24 year old. :mellow:

#29 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

its isnt easy, we went 14 months without any physical contact, then he came to visit for a week, another 8 months apart, 9 day visit, 9 months apart and he'll be here on the 31st of this month, and yes, we do love eachother very much.

Ouch...

#30 LMAO

LMAO

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

When I was seventeen my girlfriend cheated on me and left me for a 24 year old. :mellow:

harsh dude.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Kanyeezzzy and Burreeezzzy"

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.