The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re: My relationship with a girl

LMAO

Nailed it with this post.

I've been there, done that (with a bigger age gap). As hard as you try to make it work, it just doesn't. You will always be at different points in your lives. I guess it's easier for you because 3 years isn't that big of a deal, especially if she's graduating this year.

I would like to point out that I'm 16 (17 @ the end of the month), and I'm finishing school in January (half a year early). I have plans in place to be moved out of the house and fully employed with other career choices in place if this one job doesn't work out.

All I'm saying is that not all 16 year olds are totally immature.

I would like to point out that I'm 16 (17 @ the end of the month), and I'm finishing school in January (half a year early). I have plans in place to be moved out of the house and fully employed with other career choices in place if this one job doesn't work out.

All I'm saying is that not all 16 year olds are totally immature.

The smell of her perfume wafted across my personal bubble, and invaded my nose like a flower scented America in a nose shaped middle east. She approached me, confidently. I had no choice but to sit back and wait for whatever was about to happen to happen. She flicked her hair to one side, and I was blinded by her beauty as she spoke.

"Do you have a pencil sharpener" she said, in a voice that filled my heart with lust. I could not believe this was happening. I've waited my whole life for this moment. Trying to get my brain back in order, I uttered "No... I'm sorry".

She looked disappointing, heart broken, betrayed. What had I done? She looked at me once more and smiled "Well, thanks anyway!" and walked off.

The end.

The smell of her perfume wafted across my personal bubble, and invaded my nose like a flower scented America in a nose shaped middle east. She approached me, confidently. I had no choice but to sit back and wait for whatever was about to happen to happen. She flicked her hair to one side, and I was blinded by her beauty as she spoke.

"Do you have a pencil sharpener" she said, in a voice that filled my heart with lust. I could not believe this was happening. I've waited my whole life for this moment. Trying to get my brain back in order, I uttered "No... I'm sorry".

She looked disappointing, heart broken, betrayed. What had I done? She looked at me once more and smiled "Well, thanks anyway!" and walked off.

The end.

You like the girl... what's the problem?

Never mind that at your age...I don't know how to break this to you....You're not likely to be marrying her (nor should you be).

So date her, treat her well/be respectful, expect her to reciprocate, practice safe sex if you're having any and when it all heads south (it will), learn from it and apply those things you learned to your next relationship.

You're never going to regret dating someone. Even the bad ones teach you things in time. So enjoy your time together.

You like the girl... what's the problem?

Never mind that at your age...I don't know how to break this to you....You're not likely to be marrying her (nor should you be).

So date her, treat her well/be respectful, expect her to reciprocate, practice safe sex if you're having any and when it all heads south (it will), learn from it and apply those things you learned to your next relationship.

You're never going to regret dating someone. Even the bad ones teach you things in time. So enjoy your time together.

Oh I have a VICIOUS ex that I want nothing to do with... but that relationship also taught me a great MANY things. Regret is a wasteful emotion when you can simply learn from those mistakes.

...not to mention that the sex was pretty fantastic too ::D

He also has a lot less to worry about at 19 if things go sour. Highly doubt he's got a house to try and take and being that she's likely still living at home wouldn't have to worry about common law marriage etc.

Or we could ask my buddy who is 19, started dating a girl, came out of the relationship with severe depression, herpes, and gonorrhea because she cheated on him twice, got pregnant with another guys baby, and then tried to come after him for child-support still.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

I think he regrets that relationship.

Archived