118 replies to this topic

#61 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Nice goal by Corrado, snuck in there undetected. He's very steady defensively, but seems to shy away from physical play. All around a solid D man. Looking forward to this kid!

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#62 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yakupov scores with 30 seconds left, 2-1 OHL.

Final: 2-1 OHL

OHL: Strome, Corrado

Russia: Yakupov

Series 2-2

Edited by Gally, 12 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

1zcq151.jpg

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#63 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Nice to see a canuck prospect do well in this series, alot of people really talk down about our prospects but I think we have done fairly well considering how low we have picked on a consistant basis.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#64 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Corrado with the GWG!

2d7ye0p.jpg

#65 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Some changes to the WHL roster for both games:

Vancouver
In:
Graham Black
Sam Fioretti

Out:
Mitch Moroz
Trent Ouellette

Victoria
In:
Mitch Holmberg

Out:
Mitch Moroz
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#66 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Going to the game tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing that D.

1zcq151.jpg

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#67 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Going to the game tomorrow! So psyched to see the WHL's D and the 2013 draft eligible prospects as well as Sam Reinhart!

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#68 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

I'm so stoked to see Canada's defense tonight
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#69 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Finally the WHL games are here! Can't wait to watch it tonight.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Was hoping to hop the ferry from Port Angeles and check it out but duty calls. Have a great time and if possible,post some pics.

#71 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I can honestly see the Dub taking the first game easily. Their top six and D are filthy.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#72 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Sam Reinhart with the shootout winner!

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#73 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Great game,also heard that the attendance set a new record

#74 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Man Brossoit impressed the crap out of me today. It's the first time in a long while that I was actually feeling confident about Canada's goaltending in a game.

On another note...

I think Yakupov is so fricken over-rated.

There. I said it.

I've watched this guy play around 15 games and in all those games he has looked nothing but average. I really don't understand the hype around this guy.

I know 10-15 games isn't a large enough sample size to be making these assumptions but Christ. All I hear is, "Yakupov this and Yakupov that" and he doesn't ever do anything! He fricken floats around all game maybe makes 1 or 2 nice rushes and that's it. He's the 1st overall pick and I really don't see anything that justifies him being 1st overall.

I've never seen any high-light reel goals from Yakupov. All his goals just seem to be shots from the slot and rebounds. I've never seen him dominate a game or make any high-light reel plays.

IMO Morgan Reilly looks like the best player out of last years draft. I've seen this guy play around 10-15 games and he has been DOMINATE in each and every game. The only negative fact about him is that he's Maple Leafs property. I'm actually starting to believe Burke when he said that if the Leafs had the 1st overall pick they would have taken Reilly anyway.

Call me an idiot who doesn't understand anything about hockey or whatever you want. But from what I've seen Yakupov is so fricken over-rated it is ridiculous.

And I'm not just saying that cause I hate the Oilers. I honestly think that Yakupov is over-rated as hell. I think that Schultz is the real deal and the Oilers got a hell of a good d-man there. But when it comes to Yakupov... I think the Oilers screwed up there.

But I'll probably be proven wrong.

Edited by Nas19, 14 November 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#75 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Nas19... I was at the game tonight and I agree that Yakupov was very underwhelming. Honestly, I don't think he was trying very hard until about halfway through the 3rd. He was largely invisible before that. Maybe he isn't motivated for this series, I'm not sure, but it should be a concern for the Oilers. On the other hand, whether he scores highlight reel goals or not doesn't matter as long as he is scoring which, in this game at least, he wasn't even close.

Reilly looked great. He's very shifty and has great ability to make something out of nothing. He was the best offensive player on the ice for either team.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#76 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Dumba and Fioretti were awful tonight. Reilly looked good to great every time he touched the puck. Siemens was barely there. Adam Lowry continues to excite me as a Jets fan. Good game, even if there wasn't as much steam in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

#77 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

And yeah, Yak has never done anything to overly impress me. At this point, I wouldn't trade Mark Scheifele for him straight up. He plays kind of a lazy game, but all I've seen is Juniors and SSS games. Really disappointing almost all of the time.

#78 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Is this the same Reilly that turned the puck over 4 times in one shift and found himself glued to the bench for 10 minutes immediately afterwards? Just curious ...

#79 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

I... have no recollection of that happening, but I was watching the game with my brother lol. I may have been talking that shift. Around what point in the game was that, because I'm sticking by my 'he looked great' and adding 'when I saw him' lol. Seriously, I thought he was really good this game.

#80 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

I've been told it was in the second period, which blows my mind. I remember him coughing up once or twice under pressure deep in his zone on one shift, but I also didn't think he was being given outlets and didn't really notice that he'd been benched. Either way, kind of a travesty that Reilly would be benched if Dumba wasn't.

#81 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Dumba made some really stupid plays, from what I could tell from Section 22. :)

#82 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

I think Yakupov is so fricken over-rated.

I somewhat agree. He is a great player but I think he was playing scared last night. He doesn't like to get hit, take note Canucks because you will have to deal with him in a few years
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#83 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hopefully Sissons is ok :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I can't wait for tonight's game!
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#85 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,898 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

yeah, what I've learnt from watching this superseries is that if you get to nail early and hard, he'll be rendered fairly ineffective for the remainder of the game, especially if you keep on him all game.

#86 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

It was pretty much the most uninspired game I have watched in a long time. I was there and found my mind wandering way too much. I missed the first 8 mins of the second period waiting in the beer line but obviously I didn't miss much. There was what, 60+ shots combined? I can barely even recall a really good scoring chance. Overall, this game was a dud to me.

#87 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

It was pretty much the most uninspired game I have watched in a long time. I was there and found my mind wandering way too much. I missed the first 8 mins of the second period waiting in the beer line but obviously I didn't miss much. There was what, 60+ shots combined? I can barely even recall a really good scoring chance. Overall, this game was a dud to me.

How about the breakaways, PP chances, disallowed goal, tons of hard hits...I thought for a 0-0 game it was pretty entertaining.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#88 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

How about the breakaways, PP chances, disallowed goal, tons of hard hits...I thought for a 0-0 game it was pretty entertaining.

I can't recall one clear in breakaway. Perhaps the one that might have occurred was when I was in line somewhere. This is what happens without the NHL. People seem to find the bright spots in a below average effort from junior players. The game was mostly clogged up in the neutral zone. Majority of the shots came from perimeter. There was a lack of sustained pressure at either end. The hits were entertaining, but the hits are always there at this level. I tried to enjoy the game but it wasn't all that great through my eyes. I can easily enjoy a 0-0 game as long as there are ample good chances and I just didn't see enough of them. A side note, Hunter Shinkaruk's family sat in front of me. Their reaction was great when he scored in the sootout. It looked like his dad was going to cry. What a proud moment for them.

#89 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,898 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

the "save of the night" on TV showed a clear breakaway, and i saw at least 3.

#90 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I stand corrected, there was one breakaway. I guess the other alleged 2 were not hilight reel worthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.