118 replies to this topic

#91 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

It's good to hear the Victoria fans help the anthem signers overcome the audio issues.
Posted Image

#92 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Someone post a line up because I'm too lazy to look.... I love you.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#93 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

wow pathetic defense by team whl there

#94 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Crap. First game of the series I get to watch and it's 4-1 for Russia right now.
Posted Image

#95 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well I was at the game in Vancouver last night and I was quite impressed with Reilly. He moved the puck well and also pulled off a few nifty dangles here and there. Toronto should be excited to have him in their prospect pool (or lack of)
I thought Yakupov played pretty bad as well, didn't do much really. Brossoit had a great game but it looked to me the Russian goalie looked shaky at times. I feel he was just flopping around in his crease for the most part of the game.
Sam Reinhart had a sick shootout goal to seal the deal and Shinkaruk and McNiel scored on nice shots.

Got Ryan Murray's autograph at the end ! ::D

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#96 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Holy crap. That rush by Rielly was orgasmic. Those toe drags were sick.

Does anyone know if they got these officials from the NHL? Jesus Christ. Blatant high stick on Pouliot and there was no call. I feel like I'm watching the Canucks play again.

Edited by Nas19, 16 November 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#97 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

speaking of subway, you can get a free 6 inch sub when you get a $25 gift card from them. apparently this ends dec.1

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#98 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

That was pretty cool to listen in on the conversation between the ref and the video replay guy. I've never seen them do that before.

I don't think the video guy knew he was on the air though. :lol:
Posted Image

#99 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Reilly = Turnover machine

#100 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Holy crap. That rush by Reilly was orgasmic. Those toe drags were sick.

Does anyone know if they got these officials from the NHL? Jesus Christ. Blatant high stick on Pouliot and there was no call. I feel like I'm watching the Canucks play again.

They are WHL refs, not the best ones, but WHL none the less

Posted Image

#101 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

I was at the game. It was really entertaining but WHL's defense was absolutely terrible. Still, it was awesome to see a bunch of future NHLers
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#102 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

yeah wasn't as impressed with the D last night compared to the other nights
Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

They are WHL refs, not the best ones, but WHL none the less

Yeah I know. I was being a smart@ss :P

But damn the WHL did not look good last night. The d was not impressive at all, they seemed tired... which is weird. I would expect Russia to be the tired team after all the travelling they've done.

Do you have some hidden agenda against Rielly? I know the dude is property of the Maple Laughs but the kid is hella good. He fricken dominates every game. And I don't know where these "turnovers" are that you speak of.

#104 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,664 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Yeah I know. I was being a smart@ss :P

But damn the WHL did not look good last night. The d was not impressive at all, they seemed tired... which is weird. I would expect Russia to be the tired team after all the travelling they've done.

Do you have some hidden agenda against Reilly? I know the dude is property of the Maple Laughs but the kid is hella good. He fricken dominates every game. And I don't know where these "turnovers" are that you speak of.

i saw plenty of them. i turned on the game midway through the second last night and the first play I saw was Reilly turning over the puck in his own zone and scrambling to try to prevent a scoring chance by russia. He has numerous offensive plays and such, which is great, but he's very prone to giveaways too.

#105 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

i saw plenty of them. i turned on the game midway through the second last night and the first play I saw was Reilly turning over the puck in his own zone and scrambling to try to prevent a scoring chance by russia. He has numerous offensive plays and such, which is great, but he's very prone to giveaways too.

Well I kinda stopped watching after the 1st period. So I don't know what he looked like in the second half of the game. All I can say for sure is that Rielly looked better than Yakupov or anyone from last years draft in this super series.

Did Grigorenko play after the 1st game? I didn't hear his name at all.

#106 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Do you have some hidden agenda against Reilly? I know the dude is property of the Maple Laughs but the kid is hella good. He fricken dominates every game. And I don't know where these "turnovers" are that you speak of.

You're kidding, right?

Dominates every game? How many points did he put up? Oh, right, 0 points. A couple flashes of brilliance, sure, but unable to capitalize on anything and he was, as mentioned, a turnover machine plus his defensive zone coverage was sorely lacking (see 2nd goal and, when WHL was on defense on my end, there were a few instances where Reilly was just floating around, covering nobody).

The Murray/Siemens pairing in Vancouver looked excellent. They didn't make many mistakes, made good decisions, and shut down their opponents; exactly what you want from your dmen.

#107 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

You're kidding, right?

Dominates every game? How many points did he put up? Oh, right, 0 points. A couple flashes of brilliance, sure, but unable to capitalize on anything and he was, as mentioned, a turnover machine plus his defensive zone coverage was sorely lacking (see 2nd goal and, when WHL was on defense on my end, there were a few instances where Reilly was just floating around, covering nobody).

The Murray/Siemens pairing in Vancouver looked excellent. They didn't make many mistakes, made good decisions, and shut down their opponents; exactly what you want from your dmen.

He was easily the only player I noticed in both games for the WHL. He may have made a few defensive laps but that is fixable. Some of the stuff he does do already is not teachable. That rush where he dangled the crap out of 2 Russian d men and just missed the net, you can't teach that.

And Bob Mackenzie seems to agree with me. He tweeted about half way through the first game calling Morgan Rielly, "Outstanding".

https://twitter.com/...940716053524480

There's a link. I would put the tweet on here but I have no idea how.

Edited by Nas19, 16 November 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#108 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Someone in the Toronto media is enamoured with a Toronto prospect? Amazing ... They're Leafs fans (most TSN analysts) and they cater to the Toronto market. You don't want to piss off your primary demographic, so you highlight the good, ignore the bad. Kadri and Schenn got the same treatment when they were juniors and then the media turned on them when they didn't save the team. Fortunately for Reilly, he's going to come into a better situation (one would hope at least. I don't think Burke can continue to field this garbage of a team for much longer without losing his job), so he at least stands a chance to not become a pariah unlike the other two.

I'm not saying these things aren't fixable nor am I saying he's a bad prospect, I'm just saying he was a turnover machine that didn't look strong defensively the past 2 games against Russia. He's clearly a dominant player against the WHL teams and clearly he has tremendous skill, otherwise he wouldn't have gone 5th overall, but like most prospects, he still needs to tune his game towards the professional level. The stuff I saw over the last 2 games indicates to me that, while he'll get a look in training camp (assuming the NHL ever comes back), he's not going to make the team this year.

#109 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Someone in the Toronto media is enamoured with a Toronto prospect? Amazing ... They're Leafs fans (most TSN analysts) and they cater to the Toronto market. You don't want to piss off your primary demographic, so you highlight the good, ignore the bad. Kadri and Schenn got the same treatment when they were juniors and then the media turned on them when they didn't save the team. Fortunately for Reilly, he's going to come into a better situation (one would hope at least. I don't think Burke can continue to field this garbage of a team for much longer without losing his job), so he at least stands a chance to not become a pariah unlike the other two.

I'm not saying these things aren't fixable nor am I saying he's a bad prospect, I'm just saying he was a turnover machine that didn't look strong defensively the past 2 games against Russia. He's clearly a dominant player against the WHL teams and clearly he has tremendous skill, otherwise he wouldn't have gone 5th overall, but like most prospects, he still needs to tune his game towards the professional level. The stuff I saw over the last 2 games indicates to me that, while he'll get a look in training camp (assuming the NHL ever comes back), he's not going to make the team this year.

That's fine. I don't think he'll make the NHL this year either (if it does come back). I just thought he looked like the WHL's best player in the last 2 games.

And when it comes down to it, I really don't care about Rielly. He is Toronto's property, not the Canucks. When he does make the NHL I'm not going to be a big fan of his since he'll be playing for the Leafs.

On a un-related note. I'm dissapointed Gaunce got hurt and wasn't able to play in this series. I really wanted to see what he's got.

Edited by Nas19, 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#110 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,664 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

That's fine. I don't think he'll make the NHL this year either (if it does come back). I just thought he looked like the WHL's best player in the last 2 games.

And when it comes down to it, I really don't care about Rielly. He is Toronto's property, not the Canucks. When he does make the NHL I'm not going to be a big fan of his since he'll be playing for the Leafs.

On a un-related note. I'm dissapointed Gaunce got hurt and wasn't able to play in this series. I really wanted to see what he's got.

what really sucks about the situation is that gaunce played his first game back from injury mere days after the OHL games.

#111 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

It's good to hear the Victoria fans help the anthem signers overcome the audio issues.

There were no audio issues in the arena from what I could tell. I heard the singers just fine.

I'm guessing from the comment that there were audio issues on the broadcast.

#112 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

There were no audio issues in the arena from what I could tell. I heard the singers just fine.

I'm guessing from the comment that there were audio issues on the broadcast.

Yes. It was as if their microphones were turned off. You could hear their singing in the distance, but not as clearly as if it was from the microphones right in front of them. I guess the feed just went to the in-house speakers and not to the broadcast.
Posted Image

#113 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Well I for one thought Reilly played great in those two games.

Was at the first game and I didn't notice many giveaways as you guys say. Idk where you're getting that from.

And Reilly is a great prospect, who cares if he's Toronto property? He's still sick.

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#114 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,664 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Well I for one thought Reilly played great in those two games.

Was at the first game and I didn't notice many giveaways as you guys say. Idk where you're getting that from.

And Reilly is a great prospect, who cares if he's Toronto property? He's still sick.

it's easier to notice when the announcer say's "reilly turns over the puck"

Edited by avelanch, 16 November 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#115 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

He is just trying to adopt the Leafs style of play
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#116 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,516 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Reilly Dumba = Turnover machine

FTFM.

Reilly has flaws in his game but still does some great things with the puck. Dumba is the epitome of a 'river boat gambler.' IMHO he's a boom or bust prospect. Minny may wind up regretting that pick.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#117 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Oh, by the way, for those who attended in Victoria, did anyone else spot Jay Feaster? We spotted him at around 6:05-6:10 at the entrance to section 103. I'm guessing he wasn't very impressed with Brossoit's performance.

The Royals were also in attendance as well behind sections 104 and 105 (Tyler Stahl and Brandon Magee have very unique faces).

#118 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Oh, by the way, for those who attended in Victoria, did anyone else spot Jay Feaster? We spotted him at around 6:05-6:10 at the entrance to section 103. I'm guessing he wasn't very impressed with Brossoit's performance.

The Royals were also in attendance as well behind sections 104 and 105 (Tyler Stahl and Brandon Magee have very unique faces).

I saw Dallas' owner Tom Gaglardi in Vancouver.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#119 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

One of my buddys friends was sitting beside Travis Ewanyk and she got his number LOL
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.