Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elvis15

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Ice Hogs

204 posts in this topic

Surprised no one had started a GDT thread for this yet. I'll keep it simple just so people have something to comment in as it's actually already underway (3PM Chicago time start).

Lineup from @platour68, a Chicago area journalist:

Sterling-Ebbett-Haydar

Kassian-Schroeder-Rodin

Sweatt-Longpre-Pinizzotto

Miller-Mallet-Desbiens

Connauton-Tanev

Joslin-Mullen

Andersson-Matheson

Lack

(Miller, Mallet and Joslin in for Gordon, Friesen and Hunt)

Wolves with an early PP, they've had the best chances so far. They were 0-6 on the PP last night though.

Keep us posted. Perhaps wolves 3 stars of the game? Lets hope Kassian starts turning it on...

Ebbett scores, as they finally break the Hutton shutout (apart from the shootout). Came from Sterling at least on the assist.

EDIT: Connauton with the second assist after creating the turnover that led to the chance.

The Wolves are back on the PP after a careless stick caught Miller high on his helmet.

Kassian-Schroeder-Rodin

Like this line. Would have been nice to see Rodin during the preseason.

Desbien gets caught with a retaliation penalty (roughing), but takes Shaw with him (tripping) right at the end of the 1st.

1-0 Wolves, 1st period scoring summary:

Ebbett (Sterling, Connauton) at 7:46

Are the wolves playing a primarily defensive or offensive strategy under Arniel?

LOL on the stream the announcer is teaching someone how to save goal files :P High quality broadcasting here!! :P

Are the wolves playing a primarily defensive or offensive strategy under Arniel?

I'm watching this game the wolves are looking good.

K Connauton is a beast i can't wait to see this big time young talented kid get his chance! I have been excited and following this kid closely the last few seasons and from what i have seen he has a great shot, a very good passer, physical, very mobile, anticipates well, pinchs and holds the lines well, has the heart and intensity needed and looks to be a team player and leader.

This kid has all the tools and is the real deal the Canucks fans will really be loving this kid sometime soon.

Canadian kids like this who have all this talent mixed with leadership, heart and intensity are gems especially come playoff time and will greatly help the Canucks for years to come.

Kassian gets a hatty and then everyone loves him again, and we won the trade. and everything is good. 5-2 Wolves.

??? Will see

Kassian gets a hatty and then everyone loves him again, and we won the trade. and everything is good. 5-2 Wolves.

Wow, wonder why there was no link yesterday, but good to see one now anyhow!

Longpre scores on the breakaway! Put it top shelf apparently after beating out Brett Lebda. 2-0 Wolves

EDIT: Apparently it was shorthanded as the Wolves went on a 3 on 5 PK right after.

Pic of the 2nd period faceoff.

A5MiarTCMAAFcpG.jpg

Is longpre Canucks property? Has shown some major wheels and hands lately...