The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

Question about Morgan....

Hidden Content

I did not get that sense. I got the sense that he was trying to emulate what Eastman did to him. Although, you have a point in that he did lock up the Wolf, while Morgan was left with the door open (although Morgan assumed it was locked). I guess the difference will be whether or not he brings the Wolf food and water.

It's not about characters dying and chaos, so much as straying from the main story line to have back story for a supporting character.

I actually like Morgan, but a full length episode about a supporting character just doesn't make sense to me. The timing of it also doesn't make sense. It's one thing to slow the pace of the story line, it's another thing to stop it completely for back story that isn't really needed. If Morgan was just being introduced as a major character I could understand.

I could even understand if it was half and half. Half in the present, half back story on Morgan. Although for me anytime Rick isn't in an episode they've lost the plot.

Morgan is going to develop into more than a supporting character. In a show where main characters do die all the time, you need to keep introducing new ones. You need to show how the new characters got to where they are.

We all want to know what happened to Glenn, but that doesn't take away from this being a really good episode.

Although I love this show, it doesn't hold a candle to GOT in terms of killing the "main characters". 

You have a point in that Rick, Carl, Daryl, and Carol seem to have an immunity from death. While no characters on GOT are safe. Although I'd argue that characters like Daenerys, Tryrion,and Arya, while not really "immune" are very unlikely to die until the very end of the story. 

So I thought this weeks episode was the worst of the season so far.

This season had a good pace going and this one really disrupted that.

If there is one thing I've noticed about The Walking Dead it's that they don't do back stories or side stories well. They always seem like time filler more than anything else.

I completely agree. 

A change of pace is fine if it makes sense within the narrative. Compared to the previous episode, this episode was a jarring 90 minutes of nothing. 

The best thing about this episode was the acting. Both Morgan and Eastman were spot on, and the goat was very goat. That's the only good thing I can say about it. 

Within the first five minutes, we knew everything that was going to happen. Morgan was going to rehab, jedi training, and would become one with the force. He would survive and his jedi trainer, Eastman, would die. Also the goat would die. There was nothing surprising or unpredictable. This cliched story has been done before, and it doesn't really fit well within this universe. It was 90 minutes of stuff we already knew or didn't care about. 

It could have been redeemed if there was some good action, intelligent story telling, and believable character background building, but there wasn't. 

Eastman's character was ridiculous. A psychiatrist who tracked down and killed the killer of his family. He just happens to have a solar powered cabin in the woods with a jail cell in it. He's an ultra-pacifist vegetarian new-age Aikido master. Amazing how this is the perfect mix of character and setting to rehab Morgan. How convenient. How exactly has this guy survived so long in his perfect slice of the woods. How is he so unaffected by everything going on around him. How has his pacifism never been tested in the brutal world that we've been shown since episode one? 

Morgan went from interesting to lunacy. I used to like this character, but they've build him into a brick smashing from one extreme to the next. The guy is a moron who can't think critically. Again, pacifism does not fit withing the world we've been shown. He shows at the end of the episode he's 100% liability. 

Of course to top it all off Eastman dies in the dumbest way imaginable. 

I like the actor who portrays Morgan, so that carried the episode for me.  But it was another slow one. There have been a lot lately, and the timing of this one was off.  And I was expecting a better end to the episode than that, certainly.  

The series is just dragging on now.  It happens.

Apart from the last three episodes, which were more or less pure action....

Episode 605 was decent.  It wasn't the action packed episode that 601, 602, and 603 were, but it had more action than 604.  There was also some good story line progression which will set-up some good stuff for future episodes.  

Specifically Maggie's pregnancy and Deanna seemingly coming undone.

It was alright. Better than last weeks sleeper at least. 

At least the acting was good in that episode. In this episode the scene where that guy was drunk when he stole all the stuff from the pantry was cringe worthy.

Also the lady who stops to give a speech after killing the walker. I mean come on the lady who is supposed to be saving some dudes life is casually meandering the streets then stops to watch this other lady's "we have to see what's going on here" speech, like she has just given some amazing revelation.  

Don't even get me started on the Carl and other teen angsty boy's push fight scene. 

Just brutal all around. 

I realize these are mainly just secondary characters, but damn with the money this show makes they could shell out a few bucks for some legit actors. 

At least the acting was good in that episode. In this episode the scene where that guy was drunk when he stole all the stuff from the pantry was cringe worthy.

Also the lady who stops to give a speech after killing the walker. I mean come on the lady who is supposed to be saving some dudes life is casually meandering the streets then stops to watch this other lady's "we have to see what's going on here" speech, like she has just given some amazing revelation.  

Don't even get me started on the Carl and other teen angsty boy's push fight scene. 

Just brutal all around. 

I realize these are mainly just secondary characters, but damn with the money this show makes they could shell out a few bucks for some legit actors. 

I think the point of this episode was to entrench the feeling of despair. They are surrounded and food is disappearing fast without any runs or ppl to go on them.

In typical TWD fashion, they are just building for the mid-season finale where something off-the-wall will go down. They do need to do something fresh though as this has been the M.O. for almost every season so far.

I think the point of this episode was to entrench the feeling of despair. They are surrounded and food is disappearing fast without any runs or ppl to go on them.

In typical TWD fashion, they are just building for the mid-season finale where something off-the-wall will go down. They do need to do something fresh though as this has been the M.O. for almost every season so far.

You also need "clean up" episodes between action sequences. The show is also trying to depict things happening in several different locations at once.

Next week will be more action orientated as we see what happens to Abraham and Darryl and possibly Glenn.

So, um, how'd Rick get outta that?  Action sequence missing.  Whatever.

Clearly that had to be scrapped in favor of showing us extra moments between Morgan and his pacifistic winja mentor, Eastman.

It's crazy how far off the rails this show goes when you compare it to the graphic novels.

Clearly that had to be scrapped in favor of showing us extra moments between Morgan and his pacifistic winja mentor, Eastman.

It's crazy how far off the rails this show goes when you compare it to the graphic novels.

I don't mind the stories diverging.  I read/watch a lot of anime, so it's common there are lots of fillers or changes made.  Full Metal Alchemist vs Full Metal Alchemist:  Brotherhood as an example.

But I do agree about the waste of time for Morgan's transformation.  Perhaps maybe half an episode max, but not the whole thing.  And now with 2 weeks of minimal progression of the storyline... it's starting to get annoying.  

LOL i know right. they're trying to sell us that the people in alexandria have never seen the outside, and we have carl, rick's boy, who's pretty much growing up in the struggle. i was all like, "come on, carl, give him a stone cold stunner!" and we get a little push

obviously it sets up the kid wanting rick to teach him how to shoot, so he can kill carl, as we saw at the beginning of the episode where he's clinching the knife

Archived