The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I liked the Mom.  Too bad she got eaten.

Did they do a zombie of a previously important character?  Has the zombie virus been figured?  

The virus has taken a back seat..its always there but its now about the various groups that survived and how to survive.

SPOILERS

It was kind of a given that Glen dies here. That was one of the biggest moments in the comics, I hoped that the writers would not stray away from that.

Was kind of disappointed when Abraham got slugged because the hype from the last few months would have been a huge let down. Great on the writers for adding the surprising second victim.

8 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

It has to be Glen or Daryl.

Rick, Carl, Michonne, Maggie all have plot armour IMO. 

Rosita, Abraham, Eugene, Sasha, and Aaron just wouldn't be enough for the fans.

I think it they might throw a wrench and actually kill TWO characters off tonight. Probably a minor character gets Lucilled and than a major character aka Glen/Daryl.

Nice call!

SPOILERS

The first kill was pretty obvious. The 2nd kill was done so nicely. So awesome how they did it. Caught me by suprise a just a little, but I understand they had to recreate the awesome comic book moment. 

Tbh I was hoping Negan killed 1 more. Would of been the ultimate surprise. 

Gonna miss Glenn though. Dude's been around since the beginning. Kinda sad seeing him go. 

9 hours ago, Lancaster said:

The part where it showed everyone getting clobbered..... I was like... "WTF?!?!"

But it would have been a good mini-reboot in term of cast.  Maybe it was that multiple possible scenario the show created before deciding on exactly who they wanted to get rid of.

Seemed to be more cleanup to put things in line with the comic book. Looks like they'll be borrowing a lot more from the comic book going forward. A lot the imagery they've been using is right out of the book. The comic book has a lot less meandering. My guess is that they also want to get the show wrapped up in 3-4 seasons. I can't imagine the actors want to stay around forever, plus the studio has a sweetheard deal. Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes), who is actually an English actor, only gets paid $90k an episode. 

52 minutes ago, taxi said:

Seemed to be more cleanup to put things in line with the comic book. Looks like they'll be borrowing a lot more from the comic book going forward. A lot the imagery they've been using is right out of the book. The comic book has a lot less meandering. My guess is that they also want to get the show wrapped up in 3-4 seasons. I can't imagine the actors want to stay around forever, plus the studio has a sweetheard deal. Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes), who is actually an English actor, only gets paid $90k an episode. 

I'm sorry have you READ the comics?? - The Comic has just as much meandering - if not moreso than the show has in terms of jumping from story to story within the group. Whether it was jumping between groups of characters during the Prison stay, and even now in the comics; jumping between Hilltop, Alexandria, Negan, Carl/Lydia and The Whisperers; I worry people will grow tired of that.

There are a FEW things aligned from the comic book world, but overall, We're in for another jump between stories type of season; I can tell you, The next "BIG" thing they are already teasing is the removal of Rick's Right Hand, Which I had thought they had covered early on via Merle, but... I guess maybe they want things more in line like you said;

Right now; We've got Morgan, Carol, Ezekial, Shiva & Co. In Kingdom, We've got Negan, Daryl and the Saviours storyline to watch, We've got Rick & Carl's recovery/interaction to watch, We've got Maggie's childbirth, and Maggie's obvious/inevitable political battles with Gregory to come at Hilltop.... This season is going to be alll over the place.

55 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm sorry have you READ the comics?? - The Comic has just as much meandering - if not moreso than the show has in terms of jumping from story to story within the group. Whether it was jumping between groups of characters during the Prison stay, and even now in the comics; jumping between Hilltop, Alexandria, Negan, Carl/Lydia and The Whisperers; I worry people will grow tired of that.

There are a FEW things aligned from the comic book world, but overall, We're in for another jump between stories type of season; I can tell you, The next "BIG" thing they are already teasing is the removal of Rick's Right Hand, Which I had thought they had covered early on via Merle, but... I guess maybe they want things more in line like you said;

Right now; We've got Morgan, Carol, Ezekial, Shiva & Co. In Kingdom, We've got Negan, Daryl and the Saviours storyline to watch, We've got Rick & Carl's recovery/interaction to watch, We've got Maggie's childbirth, and Maggie's obvious/inevitable political battles with Gregory to come at Hilltop.... This season is going to be alll over the place.

By meandering, I meant the show has a lot of episodes where nothing really happens and all the characters seem to be wandering around to build tension for future episodes. I think we'll see a lot less of that going forward. But yes, the story will now likely be split between the different camps of groups. So more jumping back and forth, but less pointless stuff. 

1 hour ago, taxi said:

By meandering, I meant the show has a lot of episodes where nothing really happens and all the characters seem to be wandering around to build tension for future episodes. I think we'll see a lot less of that going forward. But yes, the story will now likely be split between the different camps of groups. So more jumping back and forth, but less pointless stuff. 

I hope so. Been disappointed in the show since the Governor days.

3 hours ago, taxi said:

Unfortunately, he can't really protest about his relatively low salary per episode.  His character can technically be killed off at any time, lol.  

If you noticed about the time frame of the show, it's slowing down more and more.  In story, it's only been like a year and a half since the outbreak started.  The only way they can keep stretching the show is by moving the show up North or have minutes/hours in story time to be episodes long.  

But hey, that's just a theory... a film theory ;)

18 hours ago, Chris said:

this post contains spoilers for you spoiler sensitive people, so don't read it

speaking of rick's hand, i really thought that episode was going to be where they finally do the deed. they rushed the governor story-line, where in comic land, is where rick loses his hand, i believe-- so it would be best to do it here, to put negan over as this over-the-top monster heel, who not only kills 2 of rick's top guys, but, in the season 6 finale, negan went on about having a "right hand" man, and echoed that statement for the cold opener, before beating guys to death with a barbed wire baseball bat, that would make mick foley say, "how cute." which would have you think, if you read the comics, "this is it! rick loses his hand!" but they didnt do that

i agree that season 7 will be all over the place, and i like that, because season 6, we've had enough of the "character development" angle to where, okay. just kill off someone major already, this is starting to get tiresome. that season 7 opener was breaking rick down, so mission accomplished. that was a masterful performance, and i was actually convinced that carl was gonna lose his arm-- like logically, it wouldn't have made sense, but for that moment, you were convinced that was actually going to happen, and when carl said "it's okay, just do it" was when you quickly fell down to earth and knew, okay it's not going to happen, and negan's further ****ing with rick, which you now think, okay, this is the most hardcore episode this show's ever done to play with your emotions with psychology and gore

going forward, with morgan and carol in the kingdom, with ezekiel, and it looks like maggie's going to be built around to get rick's confidence back up, whether she loses the baby or not, will fuel rick to snap out of his slump, while playing along with negan for a while, and how carl handled that whole thing, he's going to be the next break out star going forward

if anything, that first week that rick/alexandria doesn't produce (enough) for negan, i can see them severing daryl's hand instead, since he probably won't have a lot of screen time, being a prisoner and all. we can't forget that angle

23 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I really don't think they will cut off Ricks hand, maybe someone else's. Kirkman always said that he wish he never did that.

How much influence does Kirkland have over the TV series??

Didn't he also regret killing off Abe before the All Out War??? Well...Abe's dead anyways. <_<

Archived