The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

For all you that watch Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy and the Walking Dead...

Now that the Walking Dead has gotten much much better than season 2 was, how would you rank the 4 shows?

I'm hoping to start watching one of the 3 beside Walking Dead!

I have not watched more than 1 episode of Sons of Anarchy, but I have heard good things so I will say that. Between Breaking Bad and Game of Throne, I have to give Thrones a slight edge. Just because there are many more characters, each with their own with individual sidestories that mesh well with the overall story, and cases of surprise and action that are highly entertaining. Their are slow episodes mind you, but thems the breaks.

Breaking Bad really did no wrong, except to go a few seasons too long. I really feel they should have condensed it by at least 2 or 3 seasons. Honestly though, seasons 1 and 2 I will definitely watch again. Definitely. Damn good idea for a show, and they damn well pulled it off. Believe me when I say the show is engrossing and engaging. But as good as it is, and it is good, it is bested by Thrones.

I suppose it depends on which form of entertainment you want; dark, entrepreneurial, drama with some sarcastic humour and general badassedness, or, fantasy, action, drama with backstabbing, nudity, HBO production values and dragons.

Thanks Green Building, I think I'm going to cross off Game of Thrones for now at least. (Not huge in to the whole concept)

Sons of Anarchy trailer looks good and I've heard from friends who love it, but people constantly talk about how great Breaking Bad is even better than The Walking Dead, so I'm in the middle.

Give someone in the group a hand gun and they can pick apart a moving zombie between the eyes. Give them automatic guns with a scope and suddenly it looks like they took shooting lessons from Storm-troopers......

zombies don't shoot back, and they walk slowly in a straight line towards you, not exactly a hard shot to make. automatic guns and their recoil make them more unruly to begin with, nevermind with people shooting back at you and you trying to hide.while shooting.

Thanks Green Building, I think I'm going to cross off Game of Thrones for now at least. (Not huge in to the whole concept)

Sons of Anarchy trailer looks good and I've heard from friends who love it, but people constantly talk about how great Breaking Bad is even better than The Walking Dead, so I'm in the middle.

game of thrones is the best program on tv right now, hands down.

I've watched all 4 and would have to say that Breaking Bad is my favorite. It's so intense, and quite an intelligent show with how Walt (the main character) try's to out smart all the drug lords and come out on top.

Son's of Anarchy is more of a badass show with gang wars and such. Can be a bit slow, but same can be said for Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Though Game of Thrones has all that mystical dragons and stuff which is cool.

All in all Breaking Bad is the best for me, and the others seem to be all on the same level. But that just my 2 cents, hope this helps!

And to add some substance to this post. Where do you guys think Tyrese and his group are hiding? This has kinda been bugging me since they haven't shed any light on it since Rick went psycho on them, and we all agree that they'll come back into the show somehow. It'll be fun to see who takes charge of the group, Tyrese, Darryl, or if Rick can get his stuff together and lead them against the Governor.

And to add some substance to this post. Where do you guys think Tyrese and his group are hiding? This has kinda been bugging me since they haven't shed any light on it since Rick went psycho on them, and we all agree that they'll come back into the show somehow. It'll be fun to see who takes charge of the group, Tyrese, Darryl, or if Rick can get his stuff together and lead them against the Governor.

That's what Im wondering too, they should be seen this coming episode (imo).

You never know though.... the producers want to keep the comics and tv show storylines a little different

so maybe Tyrese won't have a big role in the TV show?

Or maybe they join Woodsbury?

I still want them to rejoin Rick's crew, maybe they are in the woods and the crew will come across them or something?

So how many more episodes before all the cars stop working due to the fuel losing it's "ummpf"?

How did the governor's man get onto that tower anyway?

How come you could hear the govenor's truck leaving but not pulling up?

Having asked that I will say TWD has fewer "errors" than many a show, but I am alwaysmore critical of shows I like.

So how many more episodes before all the cars stop working due to the fuel losing it's "ummpf"?

How did the governor's man get onto that tower anyway?

How come you could hear the govenor's truck leaving but not pulling up?

Having asked that I will say TWD has fewer "errors" than many a show, but I am alwaysmore critical of shows I like.

It's only a prison fence. All you need is a fence cutter and you're in.

And I'll answer your second question with a question of my own. Why couldn't we hear Rick outside the prison when Herschel was talking to Glenn? Because he's way off in the background.

Thanks Rivera!

For all we know, Tyrese could just be some where else in the prison, maybe they ran into zombies and had to hide in a room some where? That at least is what I'm predicting.

And @ Gurn

All you need is a pipe, and a abandoned car. But I was wondering where Glens pick up came from, I dont recall ever seeing it.

No prob dude, either way you can't go wrong.

To add some moderste substance to the thread, some little things are weird about the show, like gurn mentioned about fuel, but I try not to let it overide my enjoyment of the story since it is MAKE BELIEVE and there are no such thing as zombies... yet.

However, I would like to point out that I had less than zero knowledge that this individual was a badass wide reciever zombie:

f1c0ac42ccd93e85139ed85.jpg

Archived