The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

With shows like TWD, i find that you either love it or hate it right away. I was never into zombie gore, apocalypse type shows so i didn't think I'd like TWD. But like 10 minutes in to the first episode and I was hooked. Fell in love with the crazy zombies and their crazy deaths. The show is somewhat predictable but they throw in a few twists too.

But, like I said, if you don't really enjoy it in the first few episodes, chances are the show is not for you. Because it sticks to the same format and culture throughout the entire series.

With shows like TWD, i find that you either love it or hate it right away. I was never into zombie gore, apocalypse type shows so i didn't think I'd like TWD. But like 10 minutes in to the first episode and I was hooked. Fell in love with the crazy zombies and their crazy deaths. The show is somewhat predictable but they throw in a few twists too.

But, like I said, if you don't really enjoy it in the first few episodes, chances are the show is not for you. Because it sticks to the same format and culture throughout the entire series.

Depends on the season as well. My wife cannot stand gore, so TWD is not her cup of tea. However, she watched the whole second season with me as it was more about trying to establish normalcy and quietness. She has rarely watched any of the 3rd season with me.

Depends on the season as well. My wife cannot stand gore, so TWD is not her cup of tea. However, she watched the whole second season with me as it was more about trying to establish normalcy and quietness. She has rarely watched any of the 3rd season with me.

Ya good point. The 2nd season was really slow-moving and there wasn't much zombie gore. You knew from scene 1 of season 3 though, that it was going to be totally different. Totally different culture to the whole 2nd season

Guest Gumballthechewy

PS. does anyone know how to do the spoiler tag?

I don't know if there's a button (I do all my posting from mobile) but just put whatever you want in the spoiler inbetween this:

[spoiler*] put what you want in the spoiler here

Don't add the * in the first one, I had to or else it would be a working spoiler. :P

What really pisses me off is when they throw in these "filler" episodes where barely anything happens.

The most recent episode (I won't be specific in case some of you haven't seen it) was so lame. All this stuff happens and then when the episode finishes it's like... well that was pointless.

Still love the show tho :P

Good shows and movies take the time to develop characters, otherwise we really wouldn't care if they died or not.

Could the big battle happen tonight? Walking Dead's twitter is posting the hashtags #FearTheLiving, and I took a look at the episodes title, as well as next weeks which sort of made me think yeah maybe...

I dont know though, any thoughts? Maybe we see the governor pulling in right before the end of the episode?

Daryl having to kill him after he turned and then crying........cries loudly in a corner...someone hold me

:( :( :( DARYL NEEDS TO KILL THE GOVERNOR

Also does anyone know if they will repeat the broadcast for next weeks season finale? I am not going to be back into town till like 9pm.

Ahhh that was sad

:(

The pic they released prepared me for it, but even so, it was really sad. It's been awhile since one of the group turned. Lori never turned and they never showed T Dog. Come to think of it, who was the last series regular who became a zombie? Shane?

Zombie Merle looked freaky as heck - the first zombie in quite sometime that I was actually kinda scared to look at. Too bad he died. Darryl's reaction was just heartbreaking. Wow, really good acting from Norman Reedus.

This sure sets up for the big finale.

Archived