2522 replies to this topic

#511 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Huh... I thought I read somewhere on here that you didn't like it... I guess I'm confusing you for someone else. :P

you must be, considering it's one of my favorite shows, outside of game of thrones that is.

#512 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, but shouldn't they still try to attack her even tho she had rendered them harmless? perhaps a ZZF manage et trois?

Ha ha ha!! ::D

you must be, considering it's one of my favorite shows, outside of game of thrones that is.

I wanna watch that show so bad, I've read the books but I've never heard about it being a tv show until that greatest tv show contest that ran here a few months ago...

I can't seem to find it on tv anywhere. I know it runs on HBO be he don't get HBO in Canada.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 18 February 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#513 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

This epi sucked...why did they portray asian man as cwy baby...rager...pouterAlso with all the damn practice shooting Zombies in the head they cant shoot these stationary idiots in the open/..... sigh

You obviously haven't seen Shanghai High Noon
Posted Image

#514 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, but shouldn't they still try to attack her even tho she had rendered them harmless? Perhaps a ZZF menage et trois?

their attack instincts go away over time once they have no way to attack.

Mischone would use them as a type of warning system (they know when other walkers are around) and they prevent other walkers from attacking, because their smell overpowers her own. also, pack mules.

#515 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

You obviously haven't seen Shanghai High Noon

Don't you mean Shanghai noon?
Posted Image

Edited by avelanch, 18 February 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#516 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Ha ha ha!! ::D

I wanna watch that show so bad, I've read the books but I've never heard about it being a tv show until that greatest tv show contest that ran here a few months ago...

I can't seem to find it on tv anywhere. I know it runs on HBO be he don't get HBO in Canada.

it runs on HBO Canada
http://www.hbocanada...es/schedule.php

or you could always buy the box set, or DL t if you're feeling particularly cheeky

#517 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

They desperately need Tyreese's group. They ran out of fodder's to sacrifice as Axel is now gone. They need the 2 token white guys there to die or else they have no choice but to put Herschel and his other younger daughter next up on the chopping board.

By the way I thought there is gonna be rape in the prison. Now that the prisoners are wiped out who's gonna rape who?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#518 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

It reminded me of those tests they did on soldiers and found out most of them were aiming high.

Also, I'd like to know how that one guy got on top of the guard tower. Isn't it inside the fence? Is anyone else bothered by how he got up there?

Yep, I was pretty confused and was wondering how he got up there.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#519 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

it runs on HBO Canada
http://www.hbocanada...es/schedule.php

or you could always buy the box set, or DL t if you're feeling particularly cheeky

HBO Canada?

I wonder if I get that...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 18 February 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#520 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Agreed! I was surprised to see Merle fighting right there with him. I loved Darryl's line to Merle: "He's Korean!"
Rick really is losing it. And Glenn is in no shape to lead either because he's so emotional
Too bad about Axel. Was hoping he and Carol would become the comic relief couple. Though I must say, he took many a bullet for her :P
Awesome episode

I kind of want them to some how redeem Merle I am not sure if its possible at this part, I mean he is total..... jerk.......but I just love how Daryl is standing up to him, and how he and Daryl are interacting. They play nicely off of each other... The fact that Daryl said that about Glen made me love Daryl more. :wub:
Glen needs to worry more about Maggie and what happened to her and HOW she is feeling about it and stop worrying about Revenge!

I was disappointed that Axel died as well. I was starting to warm up to the guy but I would be lying if I said that everytime he got close to Carol I was like, "Get away from Daryl's woman" :P I

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#521 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I kind of want them to some how redeem Merle I am not sure if its possible at this part, I mean he is total..... jerk.......but I just love how Daryl is standing up to him, and how he and Daryl are interacting. They play nicely off of each other... The fact that Daryl said that about Glen made me love Daryl more. :wub:
Glen needs to worry more about Maggie and what happened to her and HOW she is feeling about it and stop worrying about Revenge!

I was disappointed that Axel died as well. I was starting to warm up to the guy but I would be lying if I said that everytime he got close to Carol I was like, "Get away from Daryl's woman" :P I

Anything is possible, I really doubt Merle will be welcomed by the gov ...... Glen has shown he is not a good leader for the group, so glad Darryl is back!

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#522 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Not that anyone cares, but I'm completely done with this show. It's turned into a soap opera with the occasional appearance of zombies. And my god, can the characters be any more unlikeable??? Really, we're supposed to care about ANY of these tards?

And really, I don't think AMC can self-promote any worse than they do with this show. "Talking Dead"????? What a joke.

Edited by Raoul Duke, 19 February 2013 - 03:28 AM.

TomBrady.jpg

#523 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Not that anyone cares, but I'm completely done with this show. It's turned into a soap opera with the occasional appearance of zombies. And my god, can the characters be any more unlikeable??? Really, we're supposed to care about ANY of these tards?

And really, I don't think AMC can self-promote any worse than they do with this show. "Talking Dead"????? What a joke.

your definitely in the fringe with that opinion, as the ratings just keep growing and growing.

If you just want non-stop zombie killing play black ops 2.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#524 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

HBO Canada?

I wonder if I get that...

You don't get that.... unless you specifically ask and pay for it.
Posted Image

#525 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

They are secure, and in a prison. (Well atleast it WAS secure) What do you want? 60 minutes of auto aim and shooting zombies?
The show needs a good story line, and right now theres many, biggest one obviously being Rick's crew vs The Governor's crew.

The fact that most people are loving it and feel the shows getting better each episode, well I guess thats enough for AMC to know that they are doing everything perfectly.

Also I love Talking Dead, it's pretty funny.

Edited by PlayStation, 19 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image

#526 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

The whole point of this show is that it's centred around the human drama within the zombie apocalypse. The second season was a snoozefest, that I largely skipped. There has been some great zombie killing lately though. Particularly, I loved the hatchback skull smashing. Samurai swords? The fight to the death with the broken chair? What show have you been watching?

#527 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

The whole point of this show is that it's centred around the human drama within the zombie apocalypse. The second season was a snoozefest, that I largely skipped. There has been some great zombie killing lately though. Particularly, I loved the hatchback skull smashing. Samurai swords? The fight to the death with the broken chair? What show have you been watching?

lol that was hilarious.... I love how the survivors are getting less and less scared every time walkers come around, they just start smashing heads.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#528 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Apparently, the Walking dead averages the most deaths per episode of all TV shows, with 38 and 91% are zombies:

http://www.hypable.c...nt-and-ratings/

Considering an episode is just over 40 minutes, once you subtract commercials and credits, you're looking at almost 1 death per minute.

#529 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

I really want to start reading the comics. They are supposed to be amazing from what a buddy was telling me.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#530 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,183 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I understand the human trauma part. I guess I justt find the acting really amateur and the characters are unlikeable. I know I'm completely in the minority on it. I just see it now as the new Lost, which started great then completely sucked megaballs for four seasons.

And wowwwww I was absolutely hammered when I typed my last post I can't believe I could even spell there!

TomBrady.jpg

#531 JohnTavares

JohnTavares

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Because non-stop zombies and no character development is really fun!

EHL: Detroit Red Wings

medium.png

#532 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I understand the human trauma part. I guess I justt find the acting really amateur and the characters are unlikeable. I know I'm completely in the minority on it. I just see it now as the new Lost, which started great then completely sucked megaballs for four seasons.

And wowwwww I was absolutely hammered when I typed my last post I can't believe I could even spell there!

I'm kind of with you (except I loved Lost up until Seasons 5 and 6). I'd put Walking Dead below quite a few other shows including Lost, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones. It's still enjoyable but episodes can be dry for large periods of time and quite a few characters are blah (Hershel's blond daughter whose name I don't even know, Carl, and Samurai girl are bad actors as well).
Not a big fan of Rick's crazy angle. Daryl, Merle, Glenn, and the Governor bits are holding the show together for me, with the Glenn/Maggie angle starting to look stupid.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#533 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

What do you guys think happened to Tyreese and his group? Do you believe they will still unite with Rick's group?

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#534 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

What do you guys think happened to Tyreese and his group? Do you believe they will still unite with Rick's group?

they'll be back, for sure.

#535 TheAce

TheAce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Give someone in the group a hand gun and they can pick apart a moving zombie between the eyes. Give them automatic guns with a scope and suddenly it looks like they took shooting lessons from Storm-troopers......

#536 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

they'll be back, for sure.

I hope so..... Tyreese and his wife will be good for the group... use the other 2 as fodder for the Woodsbury gang!

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#537 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I really want to start reading the comics. They are supposed to be amazing from what a buddy was telling me.

They're good but they have a different feel than the show. So don't expect a drawn version of the show.

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#538 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I can't believe how well the show is doing ratings wise. It's beating out most network shows!

#539 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

I can't believe how well the show is doing ratings wise. It's beating out most network shows!

That's because networks have no idea what they are doing.....

Cancelling shows like 30 Rock, The Office, Happy Endings, Community..... but paying someone to write a show for Jessica Simpson ( I am aware that Happy Endings & Community haven't been cancelled YET... but they basically have been given the death sentence)
Posted Image

#540 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

For all you that watch Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy and the Walking Dead...
Now that the Walking Dead has gotten much much better than season 2 was, how would you rank the 4 shows?
I'm hoping to start watching one of the 3 beside Walking Dead!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.