2522 replies to this topic

#61 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Good episode. Next one looks completely different.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#62 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

I liked the first episode better, but this was def. better than any Season 2 episode LOL After the sneak peak, I can't wait to see the next episode.
Wow. The character of Rick is certainly multi-layered. I love how conflicted he is with what is "right" vs. what needs to be done.
And I like how they've fixed Carl's character. He is less detestable. Laurie (sp?) is sure turning into the character we love to hate (rather than just the one we hate).
Posted Image

#63 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Spoiler

#64 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

wicked episode
Posted Image

#65 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Spoiler

#66 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,570 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

I like how there was 50 zombies outside chasing them into the cafeteria. 5 minutes later there was only 1 zombie outside of the door

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#67 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,561 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I like how there was 50 zombies outside chasing them into the cafeteria. 5 minutes later there was only 1 zombie outside of the door

the herd tends to migrate, they move on pretty quickly.

#68 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,561 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#69 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,092 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#70 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#71 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,092 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#72 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#73 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,561 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

I don't understand why Carol is "practicing" on a zombie. there is NO way a decomposing uterus is a valid analogue for a c-section surgery.

#74 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Rick is weak, if it was me, there would be no liabilty left, I'd get rid of all potential danger. Human or not.

BTW, what's with the spoiler thing? If someone does not want to know what's going on in the series. DO NOT CLICK ON THE DAMN THREAD!!!!!!!

Edited by Saskatoon Boy, 22 October 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#75 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Rick is weak, if it was me, there would be no liabilty left, I'd get rid of all potential danger. Human or not.

BTW, what's with the spoiler thing? If someone does not want to know what's going on in the series. DO NOT CLICK ON THE DAMN THREAD!!!!!!!

If there genuinely was a zombie apocalypse you'd be a nervous, terrified wreck like most survivors would. Enough of the macho BS.

If you can genuinely say that you could kill another human being without a second thought you've got problems.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 22 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#76 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

If there genuinely was a zombie apocalypse you'd be a nervous, terrified wreck like most survivors would. Enough of the macho BS.

I disagree - After living through that day after day, some people would revert to the cutthoart mentality
Posted Image

#77 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Although I don't disagree with you - it is out of respect for people, who such as myself, PVR the episode and watch when they can.

Personally - I record every show and watch them 1-3 days later.... because... you know I have a life outside of TV.

Edited by Squeak, 22 October 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

#78 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

That is a typical internet mentality, you'd just have no problem at all killing other people in cold blood then go make a sandwich. Trained soldiers who are prepared for killing can end up traumatized by having to kill people, yet you think it would be easy peasy.

Many people, put into the situation that Rick and the others are in, wouldn't be able to adjust and do those things to survive. Cutthroat killers would have no problem of course. Look back at the Katrina disaster and within a few days you had a small percentage of scum, killing others, looting anything and everything, and shooting at rescuers. Most of the people did not adopt that mentality.

#79 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Loved all the scenarios from the comic that played out in the 2nd episode. I counted at least 4.

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#80 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

I don't understand the logic of these people the more people u have the better chance you have to survive. Also the zombies are decaying but it stops at a certain point, I was thinking about this when the one zombie rips his hand because its decaying but somehow their brains dont turn to mush.

#81 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

I don't understand the logic of these people the more people u have the better chance you have to survive. Also the zombies are decaying but it stops at a certain point, I was thinking about this when the one zombie rips his hand because its decaying but somehow their brains dont turn to mush.

It also has to do with the fact that the zombies can't feel pain.

Thus 'it' has the strength and want to rip its hand off without the consequences of the pain from doing so.
Posted Image

#82 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,561 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

it's harder to control a larger group, especially with people who already have tried to kill you.

#83 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

It also has to do with the fact that the zombies can't feel pain.

Thus 'it' has the strength and want to rip its hand off without the consequences of the pain from doing so.

there is no way i could rip your arm off, especially with 1 hand. unless you were rotting away, and if one piece of you was rotting off all of you would be including your brain, which is the thing that keeps them alive.

#84 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I found it funny how those people locked up are all nicely shaven and such:P

Great episode!
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#85 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

I don't understand why Carol is "practicing" on a zombie. there is NO way a decomposing uterus is a valid analogue for a c-section surgery.

Was wondering the exact same thing. Also, the zombie's uterus would not be as stretched and pushed outwards like a pregnant woman's. Although, I guess you work with what you got? Maybe it's more just a psychological thing, so that she feels more in control in what she has to do?
Posted Image

#86 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,561 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Was wondering the exact same thing. Also, the zombie's uterus would not be as stretched and pushed outwards like a pregnant woman's. Although, I guess you work with what you got? Maybe it's more just a psychological thing, so that she feels more in control in what she has to do?

she could always shove something up there to try to make it more like a baby inside there, but she clearly didn't. and it probably wouldn't hold up without ripping anyway.

#87 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

How taxing is it for you to click on a spoiler tag?All I can picture is someone looking like Cartman playing WoW.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#88 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

That is a typical internet mentality, you'd just have no problem at all killing other people in cold blood then go make a sandwich. Trained soldiers who are prepared for killing can end up traumatized by having to kill people, yet you think it would be easy peasy.

Many people, put into the situation that Rick and the others are in, wouldn't be able to adjust and do those things to survive. Cutthroat killers would have no problem of course. Look back at the Katrina disaster and within a few days you had a small percentage of scum, killing others, looting anything and everything, and shooting at rescuers. Most of the people did not adopt that mentality.

Yes you're correct, most people will not adopt a survival at all costs philosophy during a zombie apocalypse. They are called zombies.
Posted Image

#89 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

People require food. Something they do not have enough of to share
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#90 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yes you're correct, most people will not adopt a survival at all costs philosophy during a zombie apocalypse. They are called zombies.

People in serious disasters don't all become rambo. Katrina was a very eye opening situation where, of the people that stayed in the city, a small percentage became entirely predatory (even attacking rescuers) while the majority were sheep to be herded, abused, and killed... The general populace, placed in an extreme and unfamiliar situation won't all convert into cold blooded killers and survival experts, most of them will be victims - whether that means eaten by zombies or abused/killed by killers, it's the far more realistic scenario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.